PDA

View Full Version : PSU: 360 VS PC

inthedark7
Oct 17, 2006, 03:26 PM
Hello everyone,

If someone has posted something like this in the past, I apologize; but i really need help to choose whether to buy PSU on PC or on 360. These are my arguments so far:

PC: More players, easier to buy/sell(the first two might go hand in hand, more players = more to buy/sell to), no mic(but can use ventrillo or TeamSpeak), easier to navigate(mouse can spin camera faster than joypad), more buttons to assign functions to.

360: nicer graphics, party voice chat, achievements, all I can think of.

also I would like to know if there are any actual changes to the game itself between the systems, like diferent content and what not. Also, I've heard that the computer version might have bot players...Any help would be greatly apreciated, thank you.

Akaimizu
Oct 17, 2006, 03:31 PM
Game content, they are the same. A lot of your decision depends on the simple factors. However, all versions are best with a controller. Mouse isn't really that useful, as this is a console-centric style of game.

It's all about......

1. Where your friends are.
2. Is widescreen all that important to you?
3. Does your computer need a major upgrade to run it well?
4. Does your computer have a recent video card and a high 2GHz to 3GHz processor?
5. Your A/V setup, including your TV/Monitor seating locations....all summing up to what kind of setup do you feel most comfortable playing in? This is especially true for super addictive games you personally know will keep you in front of them, for hours at a time. (See PSU or PSO for an example)
6. Which system you have, in the first place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-17 13:34 ]</font>

mitchm
Oct 17, 2006, 03:33 PM
in my opinion they are pretty much the same game minus the mouse and keyboard... i dont know how many people you need it a game but when i was on the beta there were people EVERYWHERE on the 360 version so i dont think there is a "lack of people" playing this game. the PC version could have slightly better graphics (bearly noticable most likely but better none the less depending if you have a high end video card) but its just that slightly, not really noticable at all. voice chat is really nice to have. on the other hand not everyone like the mic so thats up to you... i have never seen any "bot" players when i was there maybe on the single player campaign but not online. also you dont really "spin the mouse" to turn around... you actually look. like you cant turn your head all the way around. you can only look as far as your head can turn (your head moves to as if you were looking kinda cool). unless you move foreward with the mouse kinda like in WoW then you cant really pull a split second 180 atleast i dont think. i havent played the PC version i could be wrong. anyway the choice is yours...

Thrash777
Oct 17, 2006, 03:37 PM
PC/PS2 players can only play with people from the same region, whereas 360 players can play with anyone else on a 360 regardless.

360 uses a joypad, which is MUCH nicer, although you can plug in a USB keyboard for chat use.

PC has system requirements, so if you don't have a machine that is capable, you will have to upgrade/buy one.

You already said about the voice chat, achievements, smoother visuals...

But when you say easier to navigate with a mouse... it doesn't spin the camera round faster (FPS's mainly), and the 360's in game camera controls are fine.

Both the PC and 360 can get updated easily, BUT the PS2 version can't be updated so easily...

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...

inthedark7
Oct 17, 2006, 03:39 PM
I see, thank you very much for the speedy responses, my computer is just as good as my 360, if not better. Also, I think the 360 was loaded with players during beta because of the fact that it was free, hehe. This is becoming a painful decision, I still have no idea which system to play on. I'm probably not going to be able to buy it right away because of this...Is there going to be a PC trial version when it is released?

BioWarrior
Oct 17, 2006, 03:41 PM
On 2006-10-17 13:37, Thrash777 wrote:
PC/PS2 players can only play with people from the same region, whereas 360 players can play with anyone else on a 360 regardless.

Incorrect, its just the JP players PC/PS2 users can't play with, they can still play with EU version users.

ProfessorZ
Oct 17, 2006, 03:42 PM
360 = sit back and relax on couch
PC = Hurt your back and neck gaming

BioWarrior
Oct 17, 2006, 03:45 PM
Well, with a PC though it really depends how comfortable of a set up you have... I do agree though that many chains people use for PCs can get uncomfortable, but a nice padded chair usually avoids that.

inthedark7
Oct 17, 2006, 03:45 PM
oh thrash, your message poped up after I wrote that, but yea, not everyone on the 360 will have a keyboard so it's going to be a pain to buy/sell off people that are constantly using presets; like in beta someone only had "selling some 11star item" and then if someone answered he'd say "11star rare, how about 2000", all the time, that would get on my nerves fast. lol. and the camera thing, I'm not talking about FPS, I mean in 3rd person, and I wonder if we'll be able to zoom like most other RPGs with scroll mouse. Also, will computer players be able to switch between servers(universe) like on the 360? and what do you mean by people in the same region? I'm canadian..so I can only play with canadians? or do you mean anyone on the east side of the globe? I just can't play with the orient?

SpishackCola
Oct 17, 2006, 03:47 PM
lol, fanboyism. You must have the worst computer chair in the world Prof.

afcakey
yeah this has been debated so many time. Bot sides really have there pros and cons. I say either get the one your friends are getting or just stand in a game store and buy the one the employees are getting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

inthedark7
Wow, people are responding fast, Professor, my computer layout is actually quite comfortable, so that isn't a problem here. and Bio, I'm not sure what you mean by all this JP players and EU version users stuff, could you elaborate without the acronyms please? ^.^

Akaimizu
Oct 17, 2006, 03:48 PM
Actually, a very good number of 360 players (on the full) will have a keyboard. There's too many of them, that also have a PC, and thus also have a keyboard to play with. (Or bought that keyboard, because it makes so many system things sooo much easier. Like naming stuff when importing a new custom soundtrack. Creating new playlists, etc.)

That, and the fact, that the 360 supports Keyboard as a native system design. (To this day, it works with just about every single text entry box, and the dashboard system itself)

So I don't think keyboard will be a big factor. Thus why I didn't include it in my preferences.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-17 13:50 ]</font>

BioWarrior
Oct 17, 2006, 03:48 PM
On 2006-10-17 13:45, inthedark7 wrote:
oh thrash, your message poped up after I wrote that, but yea, not everyone on the 360 will have a keyboard so it's going to be a pain to buy/sell off people that are constantly using presets; like in beta someone only had "selling some 11star item" and then if someone answered he'd say "11star rare, how about 2000", all the time, that would get on my nerves fast. lol. and the camera thing, I'm not talking about FPS, I mean in 3rd person, and I wonder if we'll be able to zoom like most other RPGs with scroll mouse. Also, will computer players be able to switch between servers(universe) like on the 360? and what do you mean by people in the same region? I'm canadian..so I can only play with canadians? or do you mean anyone on the east side of the globe? I just can't play with the orient?

You will be able to freely move between universes no matter what version you use, but if they add another World which is a set of universes then you won't be able to move form world to world but you will get an extra 4 characters I believe. For the PC version anyone in north america and europe can play together, but people with the japanese version can't play with those usings the NA or EU version.

inthedark7
Oct 17, 2006, 04:02 PM
So thus far it's mostly, follow your friends or where you feel most comfortable, and since both my systems are just as comfortable and I don't really have friends that play video games, I'm back in square one; lol.

Cross
Oct 17, 2006, 04:03 PM
The beta of the 360 version doesn't compare favourably to the PC version at all. It ran like the PS2 version, with similar slowdown. It looked pretty, but ran horribly.
There's also the issue of controls - it's not a huge issue, but on the PC you can rebind your controller to whatever you want. With Joy2Key I'm fairly certain you could, as an example, rebind things so that you could navigate menus with the right analog stick instead of having to use the D-Pad. Another minor note is that as far as I could tell, Alt-[A-Z] didn't work in the lobbies for emoting. You could only use shortcuts for the Alt-F-keys. That's a trivial thing, but it's still there.
The 360 beta was also horribly buggy. It took three days before people could even fight bosses, most people couldn't complete the tutorial in the first place, and there were server issues that had nothing to do with being a beta or having a limited number of concurrent players. The character overwriting bug - the one that the PC version had fixed in August - even showed up on the 360 beta toward the end.

On the other hand, voice chat is so much better than text-only communication. You can use Ventrilo or something on the PC, but mostly only with friends or people you already know - if you just hop into a game with some random people, you're not going to get the same level of communication as you do on the 360.

At this point, the PC is the clear winner despite the communication issue, but if the 360 is optimized to run as smoothly as it should, and it's fixed up to be as bug-free as the PC version, then the 360 version is the clear winner.

The size of the playerbase really doesn't matter. At any given point, you're only going to be directly interacting with up to five other players. You need more than that to have a thriving economy, but in those terms, having 10,000 players is pretty much just as good as having 50,000 - all you need to do is get a large enough playerbase that statistics start to take over. Everything after that is gravy.
Edit: Of course, your friends are a different issue from the overall playerbase entirely. If your friends are going to be playing on one version, don't be a dick and go play the other one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-10-17 14:04 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Oct 17, 2006, 04:05 PM
Well the bugs weren't that bad. You never saw the incredible bug debacle that plagued the Japanese PC/PS2 versions, when that came out.

Not to mention, the PC version had updates already, to get it to the performance it is today. Still, like I said, you need one heck of a PC to get a better performance. Some people have it, some people don't. Thus that is of very big importance when deciding which to go with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-17 14:09 ]</font>

Cross
Oct 17, 2006, 04:07 PM
Of course I did; I had the JP PC version from day one. There was one major bug - the character overwriting one - and that was ironed out in the first few days.

The servers were another issue, but that's seperate from actual bugs. The 360 beta had both server issues almost as bad as the JP launch, and bug issues that weren't present in the JP version or the JP beta which was in April.

February
Oct 17, 2006, 04:07 PM
On 2006-10-17 13:47, inthedark7 wrote:
Wow, people are responding fast, Professor, my computer layout is actually quite comfortable, so that isn't a problem here. and Bio, I'm not sure what you mean by all this JP players and EU version users stuff, could you elaborate without the acronyms please? ^.^

Wow.

JP = Japan
EU = Europe

Mag_Launcher
Oct 17, 2006, 04:08 PM
Ugh, thanks to that topic, everyone thinks they need to use that program to use a controller on PC.

You don't. You can bind the controls from PSU's options menu, AND I'M SURE ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS HOW TO USE A CONTROLLER ON A PC KNOWS THIS. In fact, that program is like some unnecessary additional step that noone actually needs.

BioWarrior
Oct 17, 2006, 04:10 PM
If you can't decide which version to play and both seem to be equally just as good you could always flip a coin to decide which to play.

LordGhaleon
Oct 17, 2006, 04:10 PM
Is a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 a good enough to pass for the video card requirement?

Mag_Launcher
Oct 17, 2006, 04:12 PM
On 2006-10-17 14:10, LordGhaleon wrote:
Is a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 a good enough to pass for the video card requirement?

No, no no no...

afcakey
Oct 17, 2006, 04:12 PM
On 2006-10-17 14:10, LordGhaleon wrote:

you may want to get a better video card.

Toruxxx
Oct 17, 2006, 04:15 PM
On 2006-10-17 14:02, inthedark7 wrote:
So thus far it's mostly, follow your friends or where you feel most comfortable, and since both my systems are just as comfortable and I don't really have friends that play video games, I'm back in square one; lol.

Sounds to me you just need to flip a coin.

jarek99
Oct 17, 2006, 04:15 PM
Hello 360 vs PC thread #938376215

Pure-chan
Oct 17, 2006, 04:16 PM
On 2006-10-17 13:41, BioWarrior wrote:

On 2006-10-17 13:37, Thrash777 wrote:

Incorrect, its just the JP players PC/PS2 users can't play with, they can still play with EU version users.

Yep. Also - keep in mind that only ~80,000 360s have sold in JP over the last year, so the region free 360 servers won't likely see that much of a population bump from including JP.

LordGhaleon
Oct 17, 2006, 04:16 PM
That sucks. What is that the equivalent of? I can run WoW on my computer and that is a 32 mb requirement,

-Break-
Oct 17, 2006, 04:17 PM
Alienware Laptop + PSU = Mobile Ownage

Arcanum
Oct 17, 2006, 04:22 PM
You guys forgetting that PS2 can sit back and relax too... and they are with PC mwahaha.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 17, 2006, 04:24 PM
Well, it's a lazy port, so it requires more of a machine than it realistically needs. Kinda like the PC GTA: San Andreas.

BioWarrior
Oct 17, 2006, 04:24 PM
On 2006-10-17 14:22, Arcanum wrote:
You guys forgetting that PS2 can sit back and relax too... and they are with PC mwahaha.

Not to mention you can use your PC characters on PS2 or vice versa.

Akaimizu
Oct 17, 2006, 04:27 PM
On 2006-10-17 14:07, Cross wrote:
The servers were another issue, but that's seperate from actual bugs. The 360 beta had both server issues almost as bad as the JP launch, and bug issues that weren't present in the JP version or the JP beta which was in April.

I kind of expected that, a bit. They were pretty darn quick to fix some of them, though. I'd figured by accomodating the new 360 features (as to when they decided to start working on the 360 server code), they started with an earlier build, and were hoping to use this time to work in those known fixes with the 360 server code.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-17 14:29 ]</font>

Tay200k
Oct 17, 2006, 04:44 PM
On 2006-10-17 13:42, ProfessorZ wrote:

PC = sit back and relax on couch aswell
lol

Razorback
Oct 17, 2006, 04:44 PM
reason to choose whatever
1.) Where your friends
2.) where do you have the better seat?
3.) built in chat(360), teamspeak(pc)
4.) 3rd party programs(pc) which can hurt and never really heal
5.) easier updates(360, b/c of marketplace)
6.) more lag(pc, cause some dudes keep tons of programs running while playing, and worse connections)
or less lag (high speed internet only for XBL)
7.)bigger screen(360 cause of tv's) better resoultion(most pc screen have better picture then tv's)
8.) harder to mod(360) easier to mod(pc)
9.)easier to take a break from(360, has a start button) not(pc, no start button)

theres my xbox 360 aimed quiz

AnamanaAU
Oct 17, 2006, 04:48 PM
On 2006-10-17 13:42, ProfessorZ wrote:

Not if you hook your video card up to your TV. :>

Mag_Launcher
Oct 17, 2006, 06:04 PM
On 2006-10-17 14:44, Razorback wrote:
1.) Where your friends
6.) more lag(pc, cause some dudes keep tons of programs running while playing, and worse connections)
7.)bigger screen(360 cause of tv's) better resoultion(most pc screen have better picture then tv's)
9.)easier to take a break from(360, has a start button) not(pc, no start button)

4. lol, what 3rd party programs?
5. Easier updates? lol, on PC updates are automatically downloaded and installed upon connection to network mode. If anything, the PC's updates are even easier than 360's.
6. Fun fact: dial-up users use LESS bandwidth on a server than a person with DSL/Cable/etc. A common misconception by people who don't know jack about networking.
7. That's kinda moot seeing as most HDTVs can be used as huge-ass comp monitors now. And PC will have more resolution... and possibly widescreen patched in later.
9. Completely irrelevant bulls***. Also, pressing start doesn't pause the game, online or off.

I'm just doing this to spite the biased fanboys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2006-10-17 16:12 ]</font>

BioWarrior
Oct 17, 2006, 06:24 PM
On 2006-10-17 16:04, Mag_Launcher wrote:

1.) Where your friends

5. Easier updates? lol, on PC updates are automatically downloaded and installed upon connection to network mode. If anything, the PC's updates are even easier than 360's.
6. Fun fact: dial-up users use LESS bandwidth on a server than a person with DSL/Cable/etc. A common misconception by people who don't know jack about networking.
7. That's kinda moot seeing as most HDTVs can be used as huge-ass comp monitors now. And PC will have more resolution... and possibly widescreen patched in later.
9. Completely irrelevant bulls***. Also, pressing start doesn't pause the game, online or off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2006-10-17 16:12 ]</font>

You forget on games that CAN be paused with PC our equal of a Start button is Esc key usually.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 17, 2006, 06:29 PM
... That would be why I called it irrelevant, as it was a stupid baseless reason he put down to make 360 sound better despite the fact there's no difference at all and there was ALWAYS an equivalent key in every single PC game there is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2006-10-17 16:29 ]</font>

Frog
Oct 17, 2006, 06:46 PM
360 for 720p(Widescreen) graphics, voicechat, and the ability to play single-player and "Extra Mode" without being connected to the internet. Also, I doubt the PC version has full 360 controller support. I tried using the USB 360 controller with Blue Burst and it sucked because you could not configure all the commands like using an Xbox, Gamecube or Dreamcast controller. You still needed the keyboard.

FenixStryk
Oct 17, 2006, 06:51 PM
I personally prefer the360 version. Less of a chance to be hacked, less reliance on internet connectivity, guaranteed voice chat, more laid back playing (controller + couch on a big screen TV)... it adds up.

watashiwa
Oct 17, 2006, 06:58 PM

For #4, I think he's just talking about the future. So far there is only a Cheat Engine for the Japanese PSU PC offline... they could possibly devise something to work online later. (Like they did for Blue Burst after they got passed GameGuard)

I've heard the DNAS thing is pretty good at thwarting AR and things like that on the PS2.. but, still, doesn't stop a lot of people from trying.. and the PS2 has a ton of cheat devices for it.. All we need is one good "Enable Code" to get the party started.

For #5, there aren't ANY games on the 360 where you download updates from the Marketplace from. Usually, updates on the 360 for games are done two ways.. From the game itself or by a prompt when launching the game, telling you an update is available and to click OK. When you click OK, the update is automatically downloaded and the game is restarted. (Pretty much identical to how PSU already operates.. and I'm sure PSU's patching system on the 360 will be identical to the PC/PS2 versions where you'll be prompted upon trying to launch the network mode..)

For #6, I don't think DSL users use up that much more bandwidth than dialup users.. it's not like PSU is chucking out 100KB/second data or anything like that. If anything, they're about equal for this game. At least they were with PSO.. with the only exception being joining a game or being in a game with a join in progress. If the hoster was on DSL, users would join the game faster..

For #7, PC having more resolution is true, but it doesn't have that much more. 1280x1024, being the max resolution for PSU, compared to 1280x720. The XBox360 version still allows you to see "more" of what's going on thanks to widescreen. They may or may not patch that into the PC version, but all anyone can do at this point is hope they do.

For #9, I don't know what the original poster was thinking... lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-10-17 17:00 ]</font>

Animasaki
Oct 17, 2006, 07:34 PM

1.) Where your friends

Wow, too many opinions floating around, not enough facts. You're being a prick, bud.

My responses to Razorback's list:

1. Good point. I'd personally like to use my 360 as I prefer widescreen gaming, but since my friends only have computers, that's the way I'm going.

2. Indeed.

3. Voice chat, for those who like it, is a huge boon for the 360. It's implemented right into the interface, and just plain works. Teamspeak/Ventrilo can also work well, but only with your friends, and only if they have the right hardware, and can set it up proper. I know I've had plenty of problems with getting soundcards to work with microphones well, but in an ideal situation (which you may very well have), PC can work just as well as 360 if all you want to do is talk to your friends.

4. I'm not sure what 3rd party programs you're referring to.

5. I see no evidence of better updating procedures between any of the systems. They're all automatic, to my understanding.

6. With regards to lag, that's entirely on the client's side, unless Sega's servers are having fits. Broadband? Less lag. Dial-up? More lag. That should be obvious. Also, if you were suggesting that your connection speed influences another's when playing, in PSU's case (where there is a dedicated host server), you needn't worry. Neither your, nor anyone else's, connection speed will influence anyone's latency but their own.

7. Screen size and resolution is entirely dependent on your personal setup. As far as resolution goes, all things being equal, both the PC and 360 share an equal highest resolution (both can run at a max of 1280x1024 currently).

Widescreen, on the other hand, can only be found on the 360 at present. Being a widescreen gamer forced to play on PC, I certainly hope Sega gives us more resolutions in an upcoming update. Unfortunately, there is no news on plans to implement this feature. Here's hoping!

8. By definition, the PC is a mod-friendly environment. Generally, your statement is true, but it remains to be seen what effect the hackers at large will have on each system.

9. As BioWarrior said, consoles have their Start buttons, PCs have their Esc buttons. However, neither get to pause online with PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I hope this helps you. Honestly, if you're just at the 'toss a coin' state, I recommend 360. At least then you'll get widescreen support out of the deal.

Also, Cross is exaggerating pretty heavily. Having played quite a bit during the beta, I can honestly say I experienced few of his listed problems, and the ones I did encounter, were due to the 'stress-test' single-server nature of this beta. I have no doubt that the connection issues will be eliminated with release. On a personal note, I logged onto the beta within hours of its release, and had no problems fighting any bosses. To say that people weren't able to fight them for three days just, well, isn't true.

Exaggeration doesn't help anyone people, and just hurts your credibility. Speak the truth, and try not to let your biases get in the way! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mag_Launcher
Oct 17, 2006, 07:44 PM
And lemme guess, the "truth" is that Xbox 360 is vastly superior to everything else, is THAT it?

Sevenfold
Oct 17, 2006, 07:50 PM
IMO, PC. But Iv been a PC gamer all my life, so, its natural for me.

Animasaki
Oct 17, 2006, 07:51 PM
Alright, let me rephrase that:

Speak facts, not exaggerations.

And no, the 360 isn't superior. C'mon man, don't get so defensive. Just choose whichever works best for your personal setup.

Honestly now, is it really that big of a deal? Know the differences, see what you can and can't do, think about what you'd prefer, make your choice, and stop trying to influence others to do the same as you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Animasaki on 2006-10-17 17:53 ]</font>

BioWarrior
Oct 17, 2006, 07:56 PM
On 2006-10-17 17:51, Animasaki wrote:
Alright, let me rephrase that:

Speak facts, not exaggerations.

And no, the 360 isn't superior. C'mon man, don't get so defensive. Just choose whichever works best for your personal setup.

Honestly now, is it really that big of a deal? Know the differences, see what you can and can't do, think about what you'd prefer, make your choice, and stop trying to influence others to do the same as you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Animasaki on 2006-10-17 17:53 ]</font>

The way I see it, the people who make a big deal of it all and try to influence others to their version are the people that ARE or end up being elitist.

Realmz
Oct 17, 2006, 07:59 PM
i'm getting PC because it's cheaper, my wireless keyboard lets me play anywhere in my room (i always find my bed better then my couch hehe) and i find the 360 controlls confusing as hell

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realmz on 2006-10-17 18:01 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 17, 2006, 09:01 PM
Get PC and ill play with ya all the time. im taking a quarter off from college and not working, got alot of free time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

kassy
Oct 17, 2006, 09:51 PM
On 2006-10-17 17:34, Animasaki wrote:
both the PC and 360 share an equal highest resolution (both can run at a max of 1280x1024 currently).

Nope.

Genobee
Oct 18, 2006, 12:06 AM
Hey guys heres an Idea... lets let the freaken game come out first. You can't compare the PC and 360 beta's there is a big freaken diffrence between Closed Beta and Open Beta. So when the game actualy comes out then we can all compare the 2. how bout that?

-Break-
Oct 18, 2006, 12:13 AM
Or how about we stop comparing and play the effing game? Honestly I couldn't give less of a shit if others think the 360 is better or the PC is better, I'm on PC since I have no fricking 360. Just play what's convenient or what your friends play.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-10-17 22:16 ]</font>

Losodo1976
Oct 18, 2006, 12:29 AM
PC ftw!

Animasaki
Oct 18, 2006, 01:33 AM
On 2006-10-17 19:51, kassy wrote:

On 2006-10-17 17:34, Animasaki wrote:
both the PC and 360 share an equal highest resolution (both can run at a max of 1280x1024 currently).

Nope.

Hmm, apparently you don't have a 360, don't have the VGA adapter, or don't do your homework. I have a 360 connected to my Dell 2007WFP widescreen monitor, and I set it to 1280x1024, with widescreen format selected. This allows me to have a higher resolution, and when stretched to a widescreen aspect, it displays correctly. All the games I've tried maintain this resolution in-game as well, which I can verify by checking the UI on the monitor.

Why the hostility? Choose your game, and be happy. For goodness sakes, it's not this big of a deal. Sheesh...

Kyuu
Oct 18, 2006, 01:39 AM
On 2006-10-17 23:33, Animasaki wrote:

Hmm, apparently you don't have a 360, don't have the VGA adapter, or don't do your homework. I have a 360 connected to my Dell 2007WFP widescreen monitor, and I set it to 1280x1024, with widescreen format selected. This allows me to have a higher resolution, and when stretched to a widescreen aspect, it displays correctly. All the games I've tried maintain this resolution in-game as well, which I can verify by checking the UI on the monitor.
The reason Kassy said nope is because there's no such thing as 1280x1024 with "widescreen format." If it's widescreen, then it's 1280x768. Of course, the difference is really trivial, and is just about having the proper aspect ratio, but still.

At least, I assume that's why she said that.

qoxolg
Oct 18, 2006, 03:19 AM
When will people just KNOCK OFF about the freakin 1280x1024 is higher than 720p!!!!

1) 1280 is the most worthless resolution in this world, unless you have a 17"TFT monitor you deserve to die if you use this resolution. 1280x1024 is 5:4 which is even more square than 1024x768, giving even less space on the left and right of your screen. if you whatch movies on 1280x1024 you will get even bigger black bars. So just use 1024 or 1280x960 instead...

2) The 360 is also able to play PSU on 1280, WITHOUT the blackbars.. I tried it for a few minutes, started to cry, and switched back to widescreen.

3) 720p is actually not the highest resolution. It is 1360x768, and every HDtv sold here supports that as the Max resolution.

4) On a game that has low res textures like this, resolution won't make it better. For some reason from what I have seen from screenshots/movies of the PC version, the 360 version looked alot better.. maybe someone that played both versions can sum up the graphical differences

5) Unless you got a C2D and a SLI/crossfire setup, your PC is NOT stronger or faster than the 360. Yes, the PC WILL blow the 360 out of the water when the GeForce8800 comes.

6) Alot of demo's got horrible slowdown (remember Saints Row) that got fixed when the game came out.

7) The servers for the full game won't have as much users as the beta, so the lag won't be there in the full version. remeber PPSOBB, the beta had 3000 users, and the full version like 300..

Animasaki
Oct 18, 2006, 03:20 AM
Actually, the 360 is kinda funny that way. You can actually set it to 1280x1024 AND tell it to display widescreen. It's a bit confusing, but after your widescreen TV/monitor/whatever stretches it to fit the screen, it all looks correct.

Regardless, it doesn't matter. All I know is that the 24th isn't coming fast enough. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RuinedReBirth
Oct 18, 2006, 03:27 AM
5) Unless you got a C2D and a SLI/crossfire setup, your PC is NOT stronger or faster than the 360. Yes, the PC WILL blow the 360 out of the water when the GeForce8800 comes.

I'm just going to quote that cause its so damn funny it bears repeating.

krika
Oct 18, 2006, 04:01 AM
If 360 and the PS2/PC servers would be linked, then this topic wouldn't exist.

Flame6
Oct 18, 2006, 04:04 AM
i really dont think the ps2 severs sould be linked with the pc just for the fact of updates....

OgSoulja
Oct 18, 2006, 04:53 AM
On 2006-10-18 02:04, Flame6 wrote:
i really dont think the ps2 severs sould be linked with the pc just for the fact of updates....

I played many ps2 MMO's and we get updates ALOT, cuz ps2 has online servers and thats what they update. if the PC gets an update then OBVIOUSLY the ps2 will get the same one duh "Linked Servers"...and i agree with some of the posters here, just wait for the dam game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OgSoulja on 2006-10-18 02:57 ]</font>

Mitz
Oct 18, 2006, 05:34 AM
The PC version ran smoothly. The Xbox beta had lots of lag. And there were around 5000 players on at a time in JP beta as well...

Rooroo
Oct 18, 2006, 07:48 AM
This game doesn't need that much horsepower to run even at max settings. C2D and SLI/crossfire setup are waaay exaggerated. I seriously can't even get the game to drop below 60 fps no matter what I do, 16x AF, 8x AA supersampling, transparency AA, gamma correction AA, any filter I can slap on I did. Granted I think the game overrides most of the AA settings, but any other semi-recent games would be crawling at this point. The only way I've found to get a lower FPS is by forcing the game to drop frames itself. In a way, this game reminds me of the old CS days, when no matter what you do, the frame counter is always 99, makes me wish more modern PC games would work like that...

Akaimizu
Oct 18, 2006, 07:57 AM
Well, I have a PC with 1.6Ghz AMD64, a 256MB Nvidia FX5200, and 1GB Ram.
I have to run it at 800x600 just to get a playable framerate, and it slows down a lot.
Now given that it took a few hundred dollars just to upgrade my PC to that (darn constantly changing motherboard requirements), and that fact
that it plays the most demanding 3D strategy games well, I hardly call that a small amount of horsepower. Considering the only thing missing is the Latest line of CPU and most up to date Video card. I hardly consider requiring the recent models of everything, not much horsepower.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-18 06:00 ]</font>

Inspektahdek
Oct 18, 2006, 08:02 AM
On 2006-10-17 13:26, inthedark7 wrote:
Hello everyone,

If someone has posted something like this in the past, I apologize; but i really need help to choose whether to buy PSU on PC or on 360. These are my arguments so far:

PC: More players, easier to buy/sell(the first two might go hand in hand, more players = more to buy/sell to), no mic(but can use ventrillo or TeamSpeak), easier to navigate(mouse can spin camera faster than joypad), more buttons to assign functions to.

360: nicer graphics, party voice chat, achievements, all I can think of.

also I would like to know if there are any actual changes to the game itself between the systems, like diferent content and what not. Also, I've heard that the computer version might have bot players...Any help would be greatly apreciated, thank you.

I would never play this game without a joypad..... Get a USB one for PC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Inspektahdek on 2006-10-18 06:02 ]</font>

Genobee
Oct 18, 2006, 11:22 AM
OMg...... ok here... this is why the PC will and always be better then 360. Cause I can look at PSU porn on the interwebz while playing PSU.... there thread over PC is better end o story

Mag_Launcher
Oct 18, 2006, 11:29 AM
Because nothing is safe from Rule 34. Nothing.

inthedark7
Oct 18, 2006, 11:21 PM
Anyone know if there will be a PC trial when the game is released?

inthedark7
Oct 18, 2006, 11:39 PM
Also, my only concern from this violent debate is the "cheaters" you speak of on PC, because I think I want the PC version now.

So if I'm assured there won't be "hackers" or whatever the "hip" term is, then I will most likely play the PC version.

-Break-
Oct 18, 2006, 11:45 PM
My friends play Halo a lot, apparently the new "hip" term is modders which makes no sense...

Bluecowbank
Oct 19, 2006, 12:12 AM
I like the 360 cause its what I'm used to, and my PC is a pile of garbage that assumed the shape of a laptop, I think the 360 allows for faster and easier combat, but that may just be me, It feels like it has a smoother flow.