PDA

View Full Version : Potential Problem for PS2 Version Importers in the EU?

Callous
Oct 17, 2006, 04:16 PM
Just looking at Playsega today, they are adamant about your billing address matching the country you are in. Seems to me like that might cause a huge problem to PS2 version importers like myself.

They ..

A: Might very well not allow us to purchase a license until Nov. 24.

B: Might not allow a US version online with an EU paid for license.

I'm actually starting to consider cancelling my preorder. Of course, playing offline for the first month to hold me over until the EU version is very tempting, but on the other hand it seems overkill to pay for the same game twice.

Any thoughts on this? I'm all upset :/

Red_Dragon_Jr
Oct 17, 2006, 04:18 PM
I would rather enjoy playing it online myself. I know the offline already has a set story but it could be enjoyable to get the feeling of it before expanding your fields into online play. I can wait but ive never been a patient person.

P.S. anyone like my sig?

Callous
Oct 17, 2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks, but .. an address is the least of my worries. They demand that the billing address of the credit card matches that of the region. My credit cards are EU and they'll see that straight away. It says it won't be possible to make a purchase if the two don't match up :/

I pray to god they'll let us buy a license and use it on Oct. 24., but it's not looking good.

P.S. Red Dragon, I have no idea what you concluded with what you just said :P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2006-10-17 14:22 ]</font>