PDA

View Full Version : Navigation...

Thrash777
Oct 17, 2006, 07:14 PM
I've been reading a lot of posts, and it seems people keep commenting on the use of the D-Pad to navigate...

For one: you can use the L, R, LB and RB buttons to navigate the action pallette... I dunno whether they also work for the menu as well...

And two: I have always used the D-Pad for menu navigation, in every game, especially PSO, it's more accurate than the sticks.

So am I just different or what? I can't see what the fuss is about...? <_< >_> O_o o_O

meh ^_^

BioWarrior
Oct 17, 2006, 07:16 PM
Eh its just with a stick you can use the menus WHILE running, but the action pallet kinda rules that out anyways.

Rizen
Oct 17, 2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah, pretty much what BioWarrior just said. You dont want to get stopped during battle or lag behind the team just to open a menu for something. You want to be as mobile as possible so thats why people are making a bit of a fuss about it.
Best to have a joystick with 2 analogs and a dpad so that you can use the D pad to navigation the menu will running with the left analog and rotating the camera with the right analog.
Good question http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

-Break-
Oct 17, 2006, 07:23 PM
On 2006-10-17 17:19, Rizen wrote:
Best to have a joystick with 2 analogs and a dpad so that you can use the D pad to navigation the menu will running with the left analog and rotating the camera with the right analog.
Good question http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

D-pads are usually on the left side of the controller, so how would you use the D-pad and both analogs simultaneously unless you have three thumbs?

BioWarrior
Oct 17, 2006, 07:24 PM
Could always move your right hand to the left side of the controller if the D pad is on the bottom... or if your hands are big enough you can just move your right thumb over.

Rizen
Oct 17, 2006, 07:28 PM
LOL! I knew someone was going to say something about that so I will explain.
For a Playstation-type stick, it might be a bit hard. You would have the hold the control like you normally would, but your left hand will be like the letter 'C' on the D-pad and analog, your thumb being on the analog and your index(pointing finger) on the D Pad. I find its easy for me.

For Gamecube/Xbox type controllers its alot easier. Instead of your thumb on the analog, it will be on the D-pad and your index finger on the analog.

I might be weird but this is very effective.

-Break-
Oct 17, 2006, 07:28 PM
That's true, I'm sure I"ll get the hang of it in no time.

FenixStryk
Oct 17, 2006, 07:32 PM
I've gotten used to it. B + LB/RB works, and otherwise, I move my right hand to the left aand use my right on the D-pad until I'm done.
I'd hate to have to do that w/ the PS2 controller, though. Can you say, horribly awkward?

Durkan
Oct 17, 2006, 07:45 PM
Does that mean you can use a controller for the computer? Sorry if this question is really noobish, but also, if you can use controller, I have a 360 controller. Can I use that for the computer?

Mag_Launcher
Oct 17, 2006, 07:46 PM
Yes, you can use it...

Elleranda
Yes, you can use one, but you'd need an adapter for your 360 controller.

Sevenfold
Look it up in the search bro, youll find what your looking for. In a nutshell though, yes, you can.

Rizen
Oct 17, 2006, 07:47 PM
lol...i just thought about a thread Saner started a while ago "How do you hold your controller on PSU". I remember someone posted a pic and it was hilarious. I wish I can dig up that topic...

Thrash777
Oct 17, 2006, 08:01 PM
On 2006-10-17 17:47, Rizen wrote:
lol...i just thought about a thread Saner started a while ago "How do you hold your controller on PSU". I remember someone posted a pic and it was hilarious. I wish I can dig up that topic...

This the one you mean?
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119867&forum=14

Rizen
Oct 17, 2006, 08:39 PM
Yes! I been looking for it this whole time yet I was in FKA the whole time! LOL!
Heres the pic I was talking about: I DID NOT MAKE THIS!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/r-kun/howtoplaypsu.jpg
(hope he doesnt mind me direct linking)

DarkShadowX
Oct 17, 2006, 08:40 PM
lmao thats a funny pic.

Mitz
Oct 17, 2006, 08:41 PM
On 2006-10-17 18:39, Rizen wrote:
Yes! I been looking for it this whole time yet I was in FKA the whole time! LOL!
Heres the pic I was talking about: I DID NOT MAKE THIS!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/r-kun/howtoplaypsu.jpg
(hope he doesnt mind me direct linking)

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAH

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA
HAHAHAHAH
LOL!

You win Tuesday!XD!

And yeah, no problems with dpad.

Weak
The only thing that seems weird about the PC Controller configuration is that it doesn't give the option to use the right analog for menus and the camera.. Only lets you use it for the camera. At least that's what it looks like.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weak on 2006-10-17 18:42 ]</font>

BioWarrior
I totally need to play PSU like that.