PDA

View Full Version : Read this PSUsection-goers.

Mitz
Oct 17, 2006, 08:16 PM
I realise perfectly that this is in the wrong forum. Feel free to move it. I just wanted to get a few extra views in before it gets lost in the ranting section and no one gives a ef anymore.

I am sick and tired of the way some of you treat eachother. I'm not calling names here, but you know who you are. I've only been back here for less then a week and in nearly each topic a heavy discussions develops nearly always resulting in(or starting with) flaming. Naturally the thing that is ganged on the most is when someone disgagrees with a feature in PSU. Instantly, members will be annoyed and go like "if u dont liek teh game ten go play ffxi u stupid fagot". Granted that it's usually typed better(which suprises me, so compliments on that) it's still pretty offensive. I don't think it's right for anyone to get flamed because he stated his opinion. I know that some of you might think "Well that's what I did back to him, stating my opinion." and you did. But you flamed the other person and disrespected his opinion. That, and it's against the rules. You're giving PSO/UW a bad look and people like you shouldn't be here, honestly.

Another thing people go mad over is when people say that another game has more features, better features or is a overall better game. Now usually people give a reaction which is understandable and normal. Like "Well if you like that, then why don't you play that instead?". But more and often I see things like "u dont like psu? then u shuld die u horse*beep*ing oxymorn". I don't see why you even bother taking the risk of getting warned/banned just to try and 'convince' someone that psu is the best game ever.

Now I understand a bit of the hatred I see so frequently each day. And well, I think that the administrators should make more boards to discuss PSU to spread people out. People get aggresive when they're confined to a small area.

But please people. Try and respect your fellow PSOW-citizen and be nice. This will keep you out of trouble. Keep PSOW at a good reputation, keeps everyone happy and active and give the mods less hassle. It's a win-win situation, think about it.

[/rant]

:3!!!

Zeppelin36
Oct 17, 2006, 08:18 PM
i agree with u!

DarkShadowX
Oct 17, 2006, 08:19 PM
Kudos to you.

Caydence
Oct 17, 2006, 08:19 PM
i think this may be prone to flaming... lol

but you make a great point. thanks for your concern.

Mitz
Oct 17, 2006, 08:20 PM
Meh flamers will be warned because the mods will check the topic because they have to move it. And thanks.

pink-stitches
Oct 17, 2006, 08:21 PM
If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. : )

Too bad people just don't understand that piece of logic.

But anyways, well said. Completely agree.

SpishackCola
Oct 17, 2006, 08:22 PM
While you are quite right this is a messageboard on the internets. You're going get flame wars no matter where you go (especially on MB about a video game)

FenixStryk
Oct 17, 2006, 08:22 PM
On 2006-10-17 18:16, Rizeru wrote:"if u dont liek teh game ten go play ffxi u stupid fagot". Granted that it's usually typed better(which suprises me, so compliments on that) it's still pretty offensive.Worthy of being sigged on the spot. It's funny 'cause it's true. A little messed up, like making fun of someone somehow weaker than you, but still funny.

I agree with you. I've caught myself somewhat flamebaiting quite a few times (Elleranda would know =), and it's my second day here...so maybe it is out of control. Once again, good post.

Mitz
Oct 17, 2006, 08:25 PM
On 2006-10-17 18:22, FenixStryk wrote:

On 2006-10-17 18:16, Rizeru wrote:"if u dont liek teh game ten go play ffxi u stupid fagot". Granted that it's usually typed better(which suprises me, so compliments on that) it's still pretty offensive.Worthy of being sigged on the spot. It's funny 'cause it's true. A little messed up, like making fun of someone somehow weaker than you, but still funny.

I agree with you. I've caught myself somewhat flamebaiting quite a few times (Elleranda would know =), and it's my second day here...so maybe it is out of control. Once again, good post.

I read that I think, and yeah it's understandable for someone to lose his temper once in a while but here i t happens once a minute.

zemog
Oct 17, 2006, 08:25 PM
I'm glad someone said this. I'm anxious to see reaction from some of the gang who have been posting here longer. Mostly newer people commenting so far.

chewydawg
Oct 17, 2006, 08:27 PM
thats rite ppl this communtiy lets be nice and just take it outside!!! jk

but really this is a community so lets be nice ( at least to the newcomers like me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

Mitz
Oct 17, 2006, 08:28 PM
On 2006-10-17 18:25, zemog wrote:
I'm glad someone said this. I'm anxious to see reaction from some of the gang who have been posting here longer. Mostly newer people commenting so far.

Probably something like "You have no reputation here and you have been banned at PSOBBboards, so you should have no right to speak" >_>;

DarkShadowX
Oct 17, 2006, 08:29 PM
On 2006-10-17 18:27, chewydawg wrote:
thats rite ppl this communtiy lets be nice and just take it outside!!! jk

but really this is a community so lets be nice ( at least to the newcomers like me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

I'd love to take it outside but theres that creppy guy hanging around again <.<

In any case, the community is pretty nice, but there will always be those few exceptions.

zemog
Oct 17, 2006, 08:31 PM
On 2006-10-17 18:28, Rizeru wrote:

Probably something like "You have no reputation here and you have been banned at PSOBBboards, so you should have no right to speak" >_>;

I'm expecting some to compliment you on it though. Many are cool, but I get the impression it's a closely knit group.

Yoiyami
Oct 17, 2006, 08:32 PM
Agreed. <3

What more can be said?

Mitz
Oct 17, 2006, 08:33 PM
On 2006-10-17 18:31, zemog wrote:

I'm expecting some to compliment you on it though. Many are cool, but I get the impression it's a closely knit group.

Many who have been on PSO:BB have only heard bad rumors about me, it's a pity but I can't do much about it. And yeah it is a closely knit group of people knowing eachother here for at least 3 years.

DarkShadowX
Oct 17, 2006, 08:34 PM
On 2006-10-17 18:33, Rizeru wrote:

On 2006-10-17 18:31, zemog wrote:

Many who have been on PSO:BB have only heard bad rumors about me, it's a pity but I can't do much about it. And yeah it is a closely knit group of people knowing eachother here for at least 3 years.

Bah from what I've seen of PSO:BB they're a mess, with the exception of a few. But I've been here for awhile(DC Days, miss them) but everyone from that far is pretty nice and all.

Caydence
ever posted on the coheed forums? thats flame city.

-Klaus-
I concur! Good topic.

Mitz
Oct 17, 2006, 08:37 PM
Are you Outrigger that got that great HUmar fanart made? And yeah I like it here because it's so different than the PSO:BB community.

DarkShadowX
Oct 17, 2006, 08:39 PM
No, while I did have a HUmar, Outtrigger was my HUcast. Didn't know there was a HUmar fanart of an Outtrigger lol.

Ryudo
Oct 17, 2006, 08:44 PM
You should probably change your "dislikes" ;p

Mitz
Oct 17, 2006, 08:57 PM
XD maybe. And ;-; moved.

Garroway
Oct 17, 2006, 09:01 PM
Rizeru, are you not the one that referred to other posters as "Mobile Noobs" or some other such nonsense, based on what can only be described as an off topic matter of opinion? Maybe you should have taken a less altruistic stance on this subject.

General rudeness is a problem of any message board, but the atmosphere for hostility here specificaly is very mild. It is normal for a person to be unable to accept other opinions, especialy when that opinion is completely contrary to ones own opinion. I find the conflict helpful, as it seems to seperate us into different schools of thinking, thereby providing a pool of individuals to seek out "in-game" who already seem to agree with ones own methodology. A specific example is that I would prefer participating in a Party with Zeta because we share several key viewpoints, while avoiding a Party with Ether as our opinions are seemingly incompatible.

It is regretable that some individuals get hurt feelings in otherwise mundane exchanges, but I believe that as a whole, the partcipants of this message board harbor no ill feelings outside of their differing opinions.

Mitz
Oct 18, 2006, 07:32 AM
On 2006-10-17 19:01, Garroway wrote:
Rizeru, are you not the one that referred to other posters as "Mobile Noobs" or some other such nonsense, based on what can only be described as an off topic matter of opinion? Maybe you should have taken a less altruistic stance on this subject.

General rudeness is a problem of any message board, but the atmosphere for hostility here specificaly is very mild. It is normal for a person to be unable to accept other opinions, especialy when that opinion is completely contrary to ones own opinion. I find the conflict helpful, as it seems to seperate us into different schools of thinking, thereby providing a pool of individuals to seek out "in-game" who already seem to agree with ones own methodology. A specific example is that I would prefer participating in a Party with Zeta because we share several key viewpoints, while avoiding a Party with Ether as our opinions are seemingly incompatible.

It is regretable that some individuals get hurt feelings in otherwise mundane exchanges, but I believe that as a whole, the partcipants of this message board harbor no ill feelings outside of their differing opinions.

I did call them mobile noobs, but obviously, that is meant humorous as I don't see the point of getting worked up over something on this message board. I see your point though. Yes, conflict can be good to understand eachother's way of thinking and debate should exist, but not to the point where it gets in conflict with the rules.

To put it in one sentence: Know where to draw the line, do you not agree?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizeru on 2006-10-18 05:34 ]</font>

Garroway
Oct 18, 2006, 09:43 PM
I agree that problems can arise, and maybe it is different on the other boards but I don't necesserily see it as a problem here. People get a little worked up over a couple of issues but overall I do not think that this qualifies as a hostile enviorment. I still feel comfortable about asking questions here, without thinking that I'll be a victim of harsh treatment.

MaximusLight
Oct 18, 2006, 11:51 PM
10 points to the poster!