PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Split Screen Offline?

Ian D
Nov 11, 2002, 03:02 PM
I'm just wondering if the Xbox version will have this, especially since there is no memory card to take your character to a friend's house. I'm guessing they do have it, but will it be possible to move your character to another person's game? If not it would kind of suck making a character everytime you want to play offline with a friend.

Agent_Reav
Nov 11, 2002, 03:11 PM
There is a Memory Card for Xbox... It's just that no one has one because u can save on the Hard Disk Drive! It's 8MB (Just like the PS2 Mem Card).

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801256

Viper_X
Nov 11, 2002, 05:45 PM
Yes it will, I just hope the fix the lag issues like on my gamecube on 4-player split screen. It gets so annoying with all the freakin lag. Another reason while they should have workoed on it a little longer.

Sedyne
Nov 11, 2002, 06:07 PM
On 2002-11-11 14:45, Viper_X wrote:
Yes it will, I just hope the fix the lag issues like on my gamecube on 4-player split screen. It gets so annoying with all the freakin lag. Another reason while they should have workoed on it a little longer.

Pretty sure they couldnt do crap about it since cube's processor is weak. i ebt they did the best they could to fix the issue.

SuperSubZero
Nov 11, 2002, 06:42 PM
I would prefer xBox link cable support. Not only would it give me the full use of my television, but with tunneling software, I can use it online.

Of course, I expect NO such thing to happen.

DirewolfX
Nov 11, 2002, 06:57 PM
I guarantee you that Four-Player split screen phantasy star online wouldn't run well on my computer... or anyone's for that matter... or the X-box. Rendering four games at once is hard, period.

And processors don't do anything for graphics processing. It's all done in the graphics card.

SoLaRiS
Nov 11, 2002, 11:33 PM
I don't care GCN FOREVER DAMNIT!!!!

rena-ko
Nov 12, 2002, 07:32 AM
just want to mention:
-slowdowns are mostly game-engine-problems

-4-screenmode is the game 4 times at once ^^;

-the gamecube- as well as the x-box-version are both based on the dreamcast-engine

-x-box is not that more powerful than the other consoles

-sega got very lazy with ports lately

and last but not least:
-graphic is not everything

hm...
did i miss something else?

edit: typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-11-12 04:33 ]</font>