PDA

View Full Version : Yet another reason why the xbox version will rule!

Tigertron
Nov 11, 2002, 03:41 PM
My friend's bro has a GC and PSO so while my friend and me are waiting for the xbox version we are playin his bro's to keep ourselves from exploding of anticipation. Well ne way We got another of our friends to come over and play 4 player. Our first time with that man. And after about two minutes of doing stuff in the game it was like everybody had slow-motion. But we were still in the lobby. It was offline lag. Who has evr heard of offline lag. Well the GC can't handle 4 ppl w/o lagging b/c it doesn't have the power. I don't wanna hear any crap about "Oh it's the programming... blah, blah, blah" It was the smalll pability of GC and that's it. Xbox with all of its power and glory won't have this problem, not to metion no monthly fee.
-Tigertron-

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 11, 2002, 03:46 PM
On 2002-11-11 12:41, Tigertron wrote:
But we were still in the lobby.

Uhm, 4 player offline has a lobby?
Don't you just go straight to the Pioneer 2 ship after you pick your characters and Episode 1 or 2?

Alisha
Nov 11, 2002, 03:49 PM
if only i was a mod.........

Davion
Nov 11, 2002, 03:50 PM
I think he ment P2. And I don't care if the Xbox version is going to be better. They have more time to finish it, of course it's going to be better. Just don't get fanboyish about it.

Zexmaix
Nov 11, 2002, 03:52 PM
HAHA! Yet another great showing of X-Box fanboyism. Hey retard, no fee? Are you mentally handicap? $10 FOR THE X-BOX LIVE SERVICE IDIOT! Btw you will also be PAYING for extra Quests & Events that Sega makes DUR! I realize that the Gamecube has a little bit of slowdown while ONLY in 4 Player mode, but you expect to have that Pentium 3 wannabe NOT to slowdown? Get real kiddo. Any and ALL of the systems will slowdown when you have 4 Players. None of the systems will be able to handle 4 "games" going on at once.

Wow, yeah your X-Box is good... What's your favorite game for it? Halo eh...? What's your second choice? Hahahaha...

Btw, I own both a PS2 and a Gamecube. And whatever comes out on X-Box I can have on my Pentium 4 PC with better speed, graphics, and free online play, hahahaha.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zexmaix on 2002-11-11 12:54 ]</font>

Blenjar
Nov 11, 2002, 04:04 PM
man I don't care about xbox and ngc, I own both systems. Am buy both games....if the xbox has no monthly fees that am spend more time on the x than the ngc. That's all. Mean while am play mechassault on xb on xl when it come out and some pso. sorry if I want off subject.

googles
Nov 11, 2002, 04:45 PM
rofl..this fanboy noob is starting to get on my nerves.

Agent_Reav
Nov 11, 2002, 05:11 PM
Hey Triger you have a good heart... Just don't go into the fanboy category or you will be butchered by the posters here. Sure Xbox is more powerful but so is the GC. I think it's the poor game engine that's to blame for the lag... Remember it is basically a DC engine. I'll be enjoying all the games coming out on all consoles (It's good to have money) and hope you are just as open... No need in dissing other consoles.

LockeLionhart
Nov 11, 2002, 05:38 PM
Gamecube only has 32mb's of ram also... so that's another reason, but I don't like X-Box.

Viper_X
Nov 11, 2002, 05:38 PM
Zexmaix, Xbox Live! has a 1 year free subscription on it so there is no fee. Read it at Xbox.com. O yea, and Jeff (Tigertron), don't show your fanboyism. Your just jealos that i have to come over and bring my bro's GC so you can play. And yes, I still think PSOX will be superior, but I'd rather play the GC version while waiting for it. O yeah, i found G-Assassins sabers.

rbf2000
Nov 11, 2002, 05:47 PM
Let's try to stop with the flaming, please.

Tigertron
Nov 11, 2002, 05:51 PM
Ok guys let's all just calm down. Am i a fanboy by trying to tell the ppl who haven't chosen which version to buy yet not to watse their money on the version that has more faults. Plus i read a post somewhere that had a bunch of replies stating all the same thing "AHH FSOD happens like every 40 mins on GC" over and over agian. So guys if you want to play online with less lag you know where to go the place where only BB is allowed. IS it my fault the Xbox is superior. I ain't no stinking fanboy if I tell the truth.

Dang Zexmiax, where have u been the ice age. Where did you get the idea that it was $50 for the kit and then $10 monthly. I am a Xbox Live beta testor I know all there is to know and you couldn't be more wrong. I don't care about DL content or the crappy pumpkins floating in the air b/c you spend most of your time on pioneer2. Wow a couple of quests who I am really missing out if i don't get those.

saffaya
Nov 11, 2002, 05:52 PM
Any and ALL of the systems will slowdown when you have 4 Players. None of the systems will be able to handle 4 "games" going on at once.

I don't agree with Tigertron's post but this statement is as groundless as his.

Personnaly, I don't expect or want a 'superior' PSO for Xbox.
Just a PSO that works, without dupe-bugs, online and offline FSOD/BSOD, lobby crash, etc ..
I'd be really happy with just that and absolutely no extra feature added from GC PSO.

Vashin
Nov 11, 2002, 05:59 PM
this is why i dont want to be on the Xbox version tons of 13 year old fanboys complaining about graphics when the graphics are good! watch once the Xbox version comes out all the nay sayers who complained about the GC version will STILL be complaining about the Xbox version.

haterade
Nov 11, 2002, 06:01 PM
On 2002-11-11 14:52, saffaya wrote:

Personnaly, I don't expect or want a 'superior' PSO for Xbox.
Just a PSO that works, without dupe-bugs, online and offline FSOD/BSOD, lobby crash, etc ..
I'd be really happy with just that and absolutely no extra feature added from GC PSO.

Oh, my GOD! An intelligent post!

I never thought I'd see the day...

Sedyne
Nov 11, 2002, 06:05 PM
On 2002-11-11 12:52, Zexmaix wrote:
HAHA! Yet another great showing of X-Box fanboyism. Hey retard, no fee? Are you mentally handicap? $10 FOR THE X-BOX LIVE SERVICE IDIOT! Btw you will also be PAYING for extra Quests & Events that Sega makes DUR! I realize that the Gamecube has a little bit of slowdown while ONLY in 4 Player mode, but you expect to have that Pentium 3 wannabe NOT to slowdown? Get real kiddo. Any and ALL of the systems will slowdown when you have 4 Players. None of the systems will be able to handle 4 "games" going on at once.

Wow, yeah your X-Box is good... What's your favorite game for it? Halo eh...? What's your second choice? Hahahaha...

Btw, I own both a PS2 and a Gamecube. And whatever comes out on X-Box I can have on my Pentium 4 PC with better speed, graphics, and free online play, hahahaha.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zexmaix on 2002-11-11 12:54 ]</font>

with all due respect pentium processors suck hard monkey ass. so i dono waht ur bragging about. and 2ndly yeah this fanboy crap it get snaooying but who cares. xbox will have it's disadvantages too...speciailly since most of psow plays cube. i think the cubes a piece of shit though. i'd rather have xbox version pso byut everyone here has cube pso so i went with it too. but uhh yeah i want box pso tooo!

MPLe
Nov 11, 2002, 06:52 PM
Tigertron, the way you made that post came about wrong.. You basicly are trying to start a flame war... You know that the XBox will probably "lag" also right? It's only a PIII, which isn't exactly super fast esp. when it has to deal with 4 seperate loading screens.

merlin
Nov 11, 2002, 06:53 PM
Okay now......hold on here a minute.

The XboX IS an extremely powerful console. That is a fact. BUT......the Cube ain't exactly an underpowered piece of shit, either.

I own and deal in both systems. I like to think that when it comes to those two systems, I like them both the same. I was surprised at the low quality of the Cube's port DESPITE knowing what it IS capable of. Cube...lame? Check out Starfox then try and find an equal on XboX. You'd be hard pressed to do so.

DON'T make the mistake of thinking that the XboX's port will be flawless. You're just kidding yourself if you do. If the Cube can't do it then there's no guarantee for the other either.

RavenTW
Nov 11, 2002, 07:32 PM
I personally don't give a flip about PSO differences, I give a flip about other games. Aside from Halo, there's no other games I want for x box. Whereas there is Star Fox Adventures and Metroid Prime for the Gamecube, among others. You shouldn't pick a system just for one game.

Was that off topic?

TeamPhalanx
Nov 11, 2002, 08:11 PM
Did you know that even though X-Box has the highest specs of all the consoles, that certain games do have slowdowns? Did you know that Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for the X-Box has slowdowns in areas of the ship while the Playstation 2 version has no slowdowns in the same area? Did you know that it all comes down to programming? Did you know that the X-Box Live is a very small market? Did you know that the PSOne is selling about 75% better than the X-Box in Japan? Did you know that the GC is selling about 800% better than the X-Box in Japan? Did you know that the Japanese market is just as, if not more important to PSO than the American market is?

Well, did you know all that?

TwiztidJuggalo
Nov 12, 2002, 08:15 AM
On 2002-11-11 17:11, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Did you know that even though X-Box has the highest specs of all the consoles, that certain games do have slowdowns? Did you know that Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for the X-Box has slowdowns in areas of the ship while the Playstation 2 version has no slowdowns in the same area? Did you know that it all comes down to programming? Did you know that the X-Box Live is a very small market? Did you know that the PSOne is selling about 75% better than the X-Box in Japan? Did you know that the GC is selling about 800% better than the X-Box in Japan? Did you know that the Japanese market is just as, if not more important to PSO than the American market is?

Well, did you know all that?

Did you know that your full of shit by 65% with the topic you just made. Yes, the x-box is doing horrible in Japan. THIS IS NO SUPRISE! Japanese hate american products. Also, the Gamecube is not doing 800% better. Get your facts straight. Besides, X-box is doing better in Europe, the US, Canada, Mexico, Australia and other foreign countries. Besides, the Gamecube is doing crappy in Japan as well. Everyone there are Sony whores all the way.

FinalMasterM
Nov 12, 2002, 08:31 AM
On 2002-11-12 05:15, TwiztidJuggalo wrote:
Did you know that your full of shit by 65% with the topic you just made. Yes, the x-box is doing horrible in Japan. THIS IS NO SUPRISE! Japanese hate american products. Also, the Gamecube is not doing 800% better. Get your facts straight. Besides, X-box is doing better in Europe, the US, Canada, Mexico, Australia and other foreign countries. Besides, the Gamecube is doing crappy in Japan as well. Everyone there are Sony whores all the way.

Calm down newbie...

I'd like to say *cough* that the Gamecube is doing better than the X-box in the US/Canada as well, and before anyone goes posting otherwise I'd suggest looking at sells reports for each system (which, I'm sure can be found on each system's home website).

Now, about the game being laggy... tell me, have you ever played 4 players vs 8 sims on Perfect Dark? now that's lag, how about GTA3 or Vice City? I've gotten both to just crash and die just from driving around town, same with a friend who owns both as well. I don't own a XBox, but I've heard of them lagging/crashing a lot just from a little game play, most problems are just game design/poor programing, where they forgot to take in the "whats" and "ifs" of game play.

SaitoH
Nov 12, 2002, 08:49 AM
Can't we all just get along?

T_T

I LOVE PSO!

^w^/

*ahem*

Ok, this is the last "spreadin' the love post for me ... tomorrow it's all about hate! ^_~

DB
Nov 12, 2002, 08:55 AM
Post time? Yea, post time... Anyways, about the X-Box. It is in essence, the most powerful system out there. Considering the design of the PS2. The PS2 limits itself, in its hardware design, and gaming system setup. The X-Box, has a huge flaw as well. It acts like a comp. And on a comp, data has to go through processors. Guess what that means? It takes time to transfer data, meaning, slower gameing. Also, X-box suffers from loss of orignal games. It has very few games, it can call its "own". You think Dynasty Warriors 3 came out for X-box first, no... Also, you eve compare the two versions? The fog in the x-box version is insane in two-player, almost to the extent of blindness, especially when you get your bow out. Anyways, about the cube. As was aforementioned, it limits itself with RAM capacity. Also, since it's design is more of a linear compact sort, that limits its capabilites as well... But still, they haven't fully tapped the potential of any of these systems on my reviews of them. All of them have some good games. PS2 leading the way however in selections. GameCube in second. And X-Box in last, as it gets all the hand me downs, which it does, "Improve" upon, sometimes. Also, look at what the system you're buying is geared towards. For example. Compare the Playstation, with the dreamcast. The cast was geard towards online play, and arcade style games. The playstation was overflooded with too great a varied assortment. Making some gamers buy it, simply for a certain game, or series. Such as Final Fantasy. Either way you look at it, every system has it's strong and weak points in every aspect. Deal with these facts. And of course, go on with life.

SaitoH
Nov 12, 2002, 09:00 AM
o_O;;

I can't even begin to point out whats wrong with that post.

So I'll just say ...

I LOVE PSO!

Ok, so I lied about stopping the spreadin' the love thing.

>_>

DB
Nov 12, 2002, 09:05 AM
Saitoh. My brotha'... Do not piss me off, since I am correct this time. As I am. I simply laid it down on the table for them, that's how it is. If you can't point out things wrong with the post. Do it.

SaitoH
Nov 12, 2002, 09:18 AM
No.

Because I LOVE PSO!

^w^/

Man, what it's in my coffee this morning?

DB
Nov 12, 2002, 09:30 AM
Yea, i'm right... Like you said... PSO R0XORZ! For all the systems, in every way. Now stuff it, drink your coffee and have a donut, bro.

neko-chan
Nov 12, 2002, 09:30 AM
THIS IS NO SUPRISE! Japanese hate american products.

Yes, sure, of course. This is way in Japan McDonalds, Burger King, KFC proliferates. This is why American movies are the most seen. This is why American fashion is the third one most sold. This is why USA are the favorite trip destination by Japanese tourists.

Make yourself a favor and shut up. You can't blame Japanese people for not buying Xbox.

SuperSubZero
Nov 12, 2002, 09:39 AM
I'm so confused. I see alot of odd FUD and unsubstantiated stuff in here. People are already playing the xbox version of PSO? Fog? Gamecube doesn't have a processor? I give up.

Ya know, I have an xBox. And I have a Gamecube. Do I have a loyalty? No. When xBox PSO comes out and I see reviews from people actually playing it, I'll determine what I am buying. The strong rumor about no extra fee for xBox PSO is very interesting, and the recent reports of large numbers of FSOD's on the gamecube version is disturbing. With any luck, the xBox version will not have this issue to the same extent. On the DC V1 and V2, I can count the number of times in a year that I got unexplainably disconnected on one hand and still have fingers left over. This is the experience I will expect with the next generation console's version. And I'll need a keyboard, too.

DB
Nov 12, 2002, 09:43 AM
Unsubstantiated rumors. All a bunch of BS. As far as I can tell. Anyways... I never said the GC didn't have a processor... So.. You know how that goes... Mr. Indirect. As for either version, it's all good. I'm just not a huge fan of X-Box... To me, X-Box is a lousy waste of space. And either way, i'm going Cube. Simply for the fact X-Box practically has nothing. And as for the fog, refer to the game I was talking about, and you might comprehend, what I was leading into.

Atax
Nov 12, 2002, 10:01 AM
I'll put this simply, without getting pissed off at everyone....

PSO is PSO, who cares if one is on one system with exclusive features, while the other is on another system with it's own exclusive featers. It's the game and experience in general, that is PSO, that counts.

Xbox fanboys: Stop raving about how much 'better', PSOX is. If more than anything when you match up everything in it with PSO GCN, it'll come out on par. And stop slagging GCN PSO, like I said, it's still the same PSO that you're all trying to be high and mighty about.

And stop trying to force people into PSOX, they should be able to choose between the two without hassle. Like a wise man once said: "You shouldn't force your beliefs onto others".

GCN fanboys: Stop retaliating to the Xbox fanboys, it only makes things worse. Just sit back and play what is one of the greatest console MMORPGs ever made.

No the lot of you, make up and being friends, and enjoy PSO...... Or else I'm going to have to whack each and everyone of you up the back of the head, with my golf clubs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Agent_Reav
Nov 12, 2002, 12:08 PM
On 2002-11-12 06:43, DB wrote:
Unsubstantiated rumors. All a bunch of BS. As far as I can tell. Anyways... I never said the GC didn't have a processor... So.. You know how that goes... Mr. Indirect. As for either version, it's all good. I'm just not a huge fan of X-Box... To me, X-Box is a lousy waste of space. And either way, i'm going Cube. Simply for the fact X-Box practically has nothing. And as for the fog, refer to the game I was talking about, and you might comprehend, what I was leading into.

Each gamer has their own tastes and just cause you can't afford to dish out for an Xbox doesn't mean you have to insult it. Xbox has tons of exclusive games that kick butt... But you wouldn't know cause you haven't given the thing a chance. Halo, DOA3, Shenmue 2,Deathrow, Jet Set Radio Future, SEGA GT... And that's only some of the games that are out that are amazing (I didn't wanna name the ones I don't own). By the way I do own all three systems but I refuse to promote any of them like you do... What's the point they aren't going to pay you to advertise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agent_Reav on 2002-11-12 10:29 ]</font>

Etrigan
Nov 12, 2002, 01:26 PM
When's Pso-X coming out? Exactly.

Agent_Reav
Nov 12, 2002, 01:33 PM
On 2002-11-12 10:26, Etrigan wrote:
When's Pso-X coming out? Exactly.

Microsoft still says November and various other magazines point to a November release as well. But the fact of the matter is we just don't know yet... What we do know is that it is coming out in January in Japan. So that leaves a November or December for the US (Since Microsoft always gives us the games before the Japanese get em).

Tigertron
Nov 12, 2002, 03:48 PM
Alright guys you can stop now. Man do I love starting flame wars. It's like two flames agianst the starter and all hell breaks loose and ppl fprget about me it is hilarious what yall are doing to each other. Oh one more thing Halo can go wherever you want in the huge maps just like PSO multi yet there is no lag there. Just ponder about that. Why is PSO taking so long to come out. I bet they are fixing the programming so it win't lag and use full extent of Xbox's ability. Dude with the GTA3 crash deal I have it in my computer and I run the game hard, no slow-downs period the game runs perfecty for me.

LockeLionhart
Nov 12, 2002, 03:56 PM
On 2002-11-12 07:01, Atax wrote:
I'll put this simply, without getting pissed off at everyone....

PSO is PSO, who cares if one is on one system with exclusive features, while the other is on another system with it's own exclusive featers. It's the game and experience in general, that is PSO, that counts.

I Agree... and for that fact why does it matter which system is more powerful if the games are boring.. I don't have a GC nor X-Box, but I have a PS2 because I like playing RPG's a lot.

KodiaX987
Nov 12, 2002, 04:41 PM
Looks like there are more flames than actual posts (after calculations)

I'd be tempted to insert a shitload of huge 1024X768 Evangelion wallpapers to turn people away from this thread. Too much modem overload. Close!!

But, unfortunately, the world is a bitch, and people will still open this thread...

God, you are in heaven, you rule, and no one can stop you. So PLEASE, by love for your favorite little Canadian kid, force a mod or admin to lock this thread ASAP!

In the meantime (joy!!):

http://wind.prohosting.com/kdx987/ys.txt

Agent_Reav
Nov 12, 2002, 04:48 PM
Hey Kodak post the wallpapers i wanna see em http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KodiaX987
Nov 12, 2002, 05:02 PM
With you calling me "Kodak"?! GAH!!! Because of your incompetence in spelling my name, I will NOT give ya the URls! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

TwiztidJuggalo
Nov 12, 2002, 05:07 PM
For the US Release date, who knows? When you ask service reps from Microsoft, you get a different answer each time. I wouldn't count on a date till you get an official one from Microsoft.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Nov 12, 2002, 05:12 PM
It's funny how you don't want people to flame you, but you're just asking for it......

KodiaX987
Nov 12, 2002, 05:15 PM
...Which is why the expression "no offence" was created.

As you might have noticed, it never works. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

P.S.: Guys, keep hijacking. The more off-topic we get, the less fanboys that actually post!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

TeamPhalanx
Nov 12, 2002, 05:15 PM

Sigh... yet another foolish fanboy... Japanese hate american products? Then why are designer wear and fast food places popular there? Get MY facts straight? Here are the consoles sales for 11/9/2002

Playstation 2 - 45,817
Game Boy Advance - 39,367
Gamecube - 12,016
Playstation - 2,468
X Box - 1,482
Wonder Swan Crystal - 1,332
Game Boy Color - 1,083
Wonder Swan Color - 486

As you can see from the numbers, X-Box RULZ!!!! Want the week before that? Here they are!!! Also note that 12,016 / 1,482 = 8.10 or 810% - so you're right there, it wasn't 800%.

Game Boy Advance - 53,065
Playstation 2 - 27,896
Gamecube - 8,750
Playstation - 2,021
X Box - 2,003
Wonder Swan Crystal - 1,570
Game Boy Color - 905
Wonder Swan Color - 665

Like I said before, X-Box RULZ!!!!

Also, as you can see from the GBA sales, Japan consists of ultra SONY fanboys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TeamPhalanx on 2002-11-12 14:18 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Nov 12, 2002, 05:17 PM
RBF already said on the first page to cut down on the flaming. No more flaming or the thread will have to be locked. I'm sure we're all mature enough to debate without flaming. Please, stay on topic, and no posting of any pictures unless they are related to the topic. Use common sense, no large pictures unless they are just links and not inserted. o_O

KodiaX987
Nov 12, 2002, 05:24 PM
Damn you Abdur!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif How am I supposed to piss off the fanboy population when you come in here and restrict me on the tools I can use?!

*strangles Abdur a la Simpsons*

Grr! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2002-11-12 14:25 ]</font>

Agent_Reav
Nov 12, 2002, 06:33 PM
On 2002-11-12 14:02, KodiaX987 wrote:
With you calling me "Kodak"?! GAH!!! Because of your incompetence in spelling my name, I will NOT give ya the URls! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Fine I perfer Fujifilm ne wayz >_<

ChokingVictim
Nov 12, 2002, 07:02 PM
i think it's the inferior electronics the japanese hate, which generally speaking is often true...

off-topic... the japanese have horrible taste in music.. not one japanese person i've ever gamed with online knew who Melt Banana, Merzbow, Zeni Geva, or the Boredoms are... and these are the only japanese bands i listen to!

Flame
Nov 12, 2002, 07:04 PM
*EDIT by Abdur*
I just said no more flaming.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-11-12 16:36 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Nov 12, 2002, 07:39 PM
Blatantly going off-topic just to get a thread locked isn't the way to go about it. If you don't like the contents of a thread, stay away from it or talk to a mod about it.

Two mods have had to step in, and I had to come here twice on my own. Thats three warnings for the thread, thus, it now gets locked.

I apologize to those who were on topic.

*locks due to flaming and blatant off-topicness*