PDA

View Full Version : a possible problem...

atomisk
Oct 18, 2006, 10:39 AM
Ive been planning on buying this game for a while but I realized that theres no ethernet port (whatever you call the thing you plug the ethernet cable into) in the room my ps2 is in. im fairly certain that the ps2 dosnt use wifi, so is my only option to buy a really long ethernet cable? on another note, does the ps2 version support both voice chat and text chat?

DarkShadowX
Oct 18, 2006, 10:42 AM
PS2 supports text chat.

BlueInfinity
Oct 18, 2006, 10:46 AM
eww http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gifethernet

Mag_Launcher
Oct 18, 2006, 10:52 AM
It's not like a really long ethernet cable will cost you that much.

And I think you need to stop talking about network standards, blue.

Arias
I don't care, the room I'll play in supports ethernet....sry to hear it though atomisk....And text chat isn't bad, same as in PSO. Can be funny at some times

_Deliverance_
You'll be fine with a long ethernet cord. Maybe you can wire it through a closet ceiling/floor into your room.

PS2 doesn't support voice chat. But you can get a USB keyboard and it will connect to your PS2. Do not get a regular keyboard and use an adaptor. Too many crap adaptors out there, so just get a USB keyboard.

SephYuyX
Oct 18, 2006, 10:53 AM
Long cable, or buy a wifi adaptor.

BlueInfinity
Oct 18, 2006, 10:57 AM
lol I'm sorry it's just that ever since I switch to T1 I've become spoiled and igonorant to anything less, but I can't help my self it's soooo fast, it's like im actually seeing the world for what it really is for the first time.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 18, 2006, 10:59 AM
Yeah... we can see that. Though it's perfectly fine to dump on dial-up all you want, heh.

atomisk
Oct 18, 2006, 11:00 AM
thanks for the info, and also, I do have a 360, but I feel like its gonna go the way of the xbox pso. should I be worried about that? or just suck it up and get the better version?

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 18, 2006, 11:10 AM
On 2006-10-18 09:00, atomisk wrote:
thanks for the info, and also, I do have a 360, but I feel like its gonna go the way of the xbox pso. should I be worried about that? or just suck it up and get the better version?

looks like xbox has more users then xbox pso, but the majority will still be on ps2/pc

MasterChuck
Oct 18, 2006, 11:15 AM
You could consider buying a wireless ethernet bridge if your house has a pre-existing wireless LAN.