PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

Ecstasy
Oct 18, 2006, 10:55 AM
Are you going to need to provide credit card information in order to play the first month of online play? reason i ask this is i have a card on the way, and there saying it could take upto 2 weeks from today to get here.

Edit: I will be playing PC version if that helps

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ecstasy on 2006-10-18 08:56 ]</font>

Mazoku
Oct 18, 2006, 10:59 AM
I don't know for certain but I'm guessing you will have to provide credit card info right away as that's how every online game I've ever played has been.

SuSp3cT
Oct 18, 2006, 11:00 AM
Yes you will have to provide a CC in order to even play the first month. Are you getting a CC or a Debit Card?

Ecstasy
Oct 18, 2006, 11:03 AM
I am getting a Debit card, so looks like im going to have to barrow a card from a family member for the first month.

SuSp3cT
Oct 18, 2006, 11:06 AM
Did they really tell you that in 2-weeks you will be getting your Debit Card in the mail? The reason why I ask this is because it only took me about a week to receive mine...

Azurewrath
Oct 18, 2006, 11:06 AM
When I bought my card, it said it'd be a week tops.

3.5 weeks later I got it.

Hate US Mail system. >_>

SuSp3cT
Oct 18, 2006, 11:07 AM
Wow...3.5 weeks and you finally get your card...I guess they keep there promises down here when they tell you that your card will be here in about a week.

MasterChuck
Oct 18, 2006, 11:17 AM
Every game I've ever played that offered a free first month has always required CC info so more than likely Sega is the same way.

Ecstasy
Oct 18, 2006, 11:17 AM
Yep they told me here it would take upto 2 weeks to recieve it. Hopefully it won't take 3.5 like it did with you:(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ecstasy on 2006-10-18 09:21 ]</font>

Ecstasy
Oct 18, 2006, 11:20 AM
On 2006-10-18 09:17, MasterChuck wrote:
Every game I've ever played that offered a free first month has always required CC info so more than likely Sega is the same way.

yeah i ive played some othere MMO's and they have all been like that. but i thought i read somewhere that you didnt need you'r card for ths game until you need to pay the first month. Oh well guess i didn't:p just glad i know so im not looking for a card the day i pick the game up lol.

MasterChuck
Oct 18, 2006, 11:27 AM
Hehe that would be nice if it was indeed true. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Good luck with your card and all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ri0T
Oct 18, 2006, 11:35 AM
Actually the last few games lately that I have tried didn't require input of credit card until after the trial period was over. In fact, a lot of them didn't even require purchase, just a download. EveOnline, LineageII, and Ragnarok Online didn't require me to input a CC#. It might be the new norm.

Who knows what Sonic Team will do though, PSU isn't really an MMO, and they have done things against tradition many times in the past.

SpishackCola
Oct 18, 2006, 12:50 PM
I doubt a "new norm" will be created based on those games for the US/Canada

Bast
Oct 18, 2006, 12:59 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_faq.php

The official site states you need both the Game ID (which I believe is similar to the original PSO where it comes with the game) and a Guardian License.

The Guardian License must be purchased from ST.

So I think unfortunately you would need to purchase the Guardian License before you are able to play online.

Hopefully your card comes in two weeks. When I ordered mine they told me two business weeks, which are completely different then regular weeks. Any who.

If you really need to play once you have the game physically in your possession, ask someone close if you can bum the first month on their DC/CC. Even shell out the funds (+ tax) in advance.

If not, sit tight. It’s not like its the Space Race, PSU and all of us will be waiting for you. That way you can enjoy the offline mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bast on 2006-10-18 11:10 ]</font>

DrEngrish
Oct 18, 2006, 02:40 PM
Does anyone know if the trial period will start right when you get started, because I was hoping to play offline first... but if the trial period starts right away I dont want to waste the free online play time.

SpishackCola
Oct 18, 2006, 03:01 PM
It'll probably start the minute you buy a Guardian License

MasterChuck
Oct 18, 2006, 03:03 PM
Most trials begin once you've signed up for the online mode and provided your CC info.

February
Oct 18, 2006, 03:03 PM
Yeah, it shouldn't start untill your register for online play. If I remember right, that's how it worked for the GC Version of PSO as well.