PDA

View Full Version : "Your data is locked due to an irregular ending process!"

Saner
Oct 18, 2006, 10:59 AM
I knew it!!!! This is tooo cruel!!!! IT JUST HAD TO HAPPEN TO ME, DIDN'T IT!!!!!!??????!!

when they closed the servers on Monday, that must of been the instant I was changing servers....

no wonder it said "Moving..." but it didn't load up the server I was transferring my character to.

This is horrible!!! And now today I try to load up my character data but instead it says "Your data is locked due to an irregular ending process!"

wwwaaaaaaaa! One doesnt need to be a freaking rocket scientist to understand the data is corrupted!!!! but why not just the character I was using????? what about my other 2 characters!?!?!?!?

This is truly horrible. if this happens in the full version there will be no way to recover it.

and then what, we still have to pay for that month????? who could we turn to in order to recover the data or at least clean up the slots so we can at least make new character and continue playing???

server switching looks to be more delicate and DANGEROUS than I thought.

this is soooooo cruel!!!!!!

I swear if the beta is extended past the 18th I'll chew on a piece of notebook paper and rip it APART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorsavasus
Oct 18, 2006, 11:01 AM
You're not the only one. I got that too, but it also said to try back in 10 minutes. I also don't get that prompt regularly.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 18, 2006, 11:02 AM
Meh. Blue Burst had some odd lockout bullhonkey when you didn't disconnect properly or something.

BlueInfinity
Oct 18, 2006, 11:02 AM
OHH NOOOES it's the don't turn off the gamecube while it's saving fieasco all ova again!!!

DarkShadowX
Oct 18, 2006, 11:03 AM
Darn, just when it was getting quiet. lol, well anyways too bad for you.

BlueInfinity
Oct 18, 2006, 11:05 AM
omg saner I just thought about something, you gotta take this post down before the anti saners get here, if they see this post they will rag on you like it's no tommrrow, they'll never let you live it down.

Saner
Oct 18, 2006, 11:06 AM
ya but this is annoying because it's not about saving/logging out, it's about server switching dangers.

they should have some intercom system that repeats itself every couple of minutes before they actually shut down the servers
and lets ppl in all servers know that they are going to shut down the servers at a specific time and recommend logging out immediately.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 18, 2006, 11:07 AM
Moar like INsaner, amirite?

HURRRRRRRRRRR

Lorsavasus
Oct 18, 2006, 11:07 AM
I got the prompt while in a boss battle. I wasn't switching servers.

Saner
Oct 18, 2006, 11:09 AM
On 2006-10-18 09:01, Lorsavasus wrote:
You're not the only one. I got that too, but it also said to try back in 10 minutes. I also don't get that prompt regularly.

try back again in 10 minutes?

yeah right. they won't fix it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

why should they care if someone's data gets corrupted in a limited beta????? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

but I am concerned about what can be done to let Sega know if your data has been corrupted and you get that message in the final version.

but if you even got that message after being kicked off during a dragon battle, then I guess no one is safe from data corruption!!!! >0<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-10-18 09:10 ]</font>

Lorsavasus
Oct 18, 2006, 11:10 AM
Unless I'm misunderstanding... isn't everyone also not allowed on the Beta, still?

Saner
Oct 18, 2006, 11:11 AM
On 2006-10-18 09:10, Lorsavasus wrote:
Unless I'm misunderstanding... isn't everyone also not allowed on the Beta, still?

no I have 2 friends right now online playing. They never got that message, most likely because they logged out before the servers were shut down.

I still say they should warn everyone before just pulling the plug to start maintenance.

NiteOwl
Oct 18, 2006, 11:13 AM
Awww man. That sucks, Saner. I was going to try to hunt you down today to play with you to see what the Saner experience was like in real-time! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

sulfate
Oct 18, 2006, 11:13 AM
saner saner saner....its a psudeoscience!

Lorsavasus
Oct 18, 2006, 11:14 AM
I agree, they should warn people.

Well, if I log on tonight and get the same problem still, I think the 360 lost my vote. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Magician
Oct 18, 2006, 11:14 AM
Now's a good time to try a different race and class, saner.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Akaimizu
Oct 18, 2006, 11:17 AM
I got that message after the servers were just getting back up after the servers went down 2 nights ago. I was in the Dragon battle when it did that, as well.

Still, I think the 10 minute wait or so might be a proper message if you were in that condition. It might be a regular time-out thing that needs to happen given the way instanced Missions are allowed to run in parallel to whatever any individual party member is doing. It probably waits for that amount of time of inactivity before it can boot a character off the mission structure and such.

However, if it keeps doing that, for a lot longer; then it's probably an issue with the servers they have to look at. They would probably give a warning to all players, if the downtime was scheduled. I think that drop happened without anybody being aware the servers were about to drop. (Or the possible case that they weren't so concerned with it, during the beta, and wanted to see a worse-case scenario.)

SephYuyX
Oct 18, 2006, 11:23 AM
Its not SEGAs maint, its MSs.

SEGA doesnt know or care when MS does there maint, so how could they warn you? Isnt this like FFXI where even though MS is having maint, you can still play?

Looks like you got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, one in a million thing.

Saner
Oct 18, 2006, 11:39 AM
why they even make a rants forum????? thats what fresh kill landfill is for.

this isn't a rant, this is a REALITY CHECK that people in the main general board should not ignore.

Saner
Oct 18, 2006, 11:40 AM
plus I this corruption means I can't even make a new character to keep playing.

it's totally blocked me out.

SephYuyX
Oct 18, 2006, 11:55 AM
SEGA does have contact information.

Dhylec
Oct 18, 2006, 01:03 PM
On 2006-10-18 09:39, Saner wrote:
why they even make a rants forum????? thats what fresh kill landfill is for.

this isn't a rant, this is a REALITY CHECK that people in the main general board should not ignore.

Saner, if you are calm enough, look at the tone of you posts in this thread & tell me it's not a rant.
Don't bother if you are still upset!

tank1
Oct 18, 2006, 02:16 PM
I was waiting for something like this to happen i was really kidding myself when i thought ST might have finally nipped all this in the butt but ohwell thats life.

Daikarin
Oct 18, 2006, 03:22 PM
Way to go, SEGA/MS's maint's/stuff. Good luck on that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2006-10-18 13:22 ]</font>