PDA

View Full Version : so, about job levels

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 18, 2006, 01:48 PM
how fast do they go up and what changes when they do go up?

Magician
Oct 18, 2006, 01:53 PM
Tough to say, there isn't a visible number, just a progress bar.

100pts? 200pts? Wish I knew for sure.

Once you level up your class you receive a stat boost depending on what class you are. Hunters get HP, ATP and DFP I believe?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magician on 2006-10-18 11:53 ]</font>

SuSp3cT
Oct 18, 2006, 01:54 PM
I'm guessing the harder the missions are the more points awarded to you.

Akaimizu
Oct 18, 2006, 02:00 PM
In General, that's the case. From what I saw in the Beta, the points awarded were a lot less than what they give you for the same mission, offline. I guess that's the way the online experience was set up.

Your standard stats, like HP and stuff are actually upgraded when you go up a character level, not a class level. However, what class you are, while you go up in character level helps dictate which of your stats go up and by how much.

Your class level, in general, has more to do with what level of class-specific items and such you can get your hands on and use. It may also perhaps have an influence as to what level of skills/techs you can use as well; but I haven't tested that to be sure. I could be wrong about that.

Kent
Oct 18, 2006, 02:03 PM
Class level doesn't seem to do much. You get a small increase in your stats, regardless of current job, for every class level you go up, though (the bonus carries over to other jobs). But as far as I can tell, the actual level of the classes don't dictate anything other than requirements for expert classes.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 18, 2006, 02:08 PM
so if Im char lvl 10 class hunter lvl 2 and I switch to force lvl 1, will be as if I leveld to 10 as a force?

Bast
Oct 18, 2006, 02:09 PM
I have a question regarding switching classes. Lets say if I start as a level 1 Human Hunter, and level to say level 10. If I switch my class to a Force, I know I retain my character level (10), but are my stats affect by the class change?

For example when I change my class from the Hunter to Force will my stats be skewed to be hunter-like since I obtain 10 levels as a hunter or will it reflect as if I took Force from level 1 to 10.

Hope that makes since.

Akaimizu
Oct 18, 2006, 02:13 PM
Right now, I would have to say yes and no.

As you switch classes, you'll see your various stats get modified by a percentage (up or down), by the alterations that a class would for your character. However, remember, as you level, your stats permanently upgrade so the percentage of difference is based on what your true stat average is.

So yes, switching to hunter from force will show it lowering your Technique stat and increasing attack power (for instance), by a percentage of what you've built it up to be.

It's quite possible that they could use a different method, like having a standardized stat increase, per character level, based on your Racial choice, and then it's modified by the class you chose at the time. However, that takes more playtime than what I've done so far, to be sure.

Still, since the true power of a character is a combination of both stats, and what their class level is capable of using; I'd say both are important to increase.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-18 12:18 ]</font>

Magician
Oct 18, 2006, 02:15 PM
Yes, if you switch class your character stats will appear as though you gained those character levels as the class you've recently switched to.

Flamingo99
Oct 18, 2006, 02:17 PM
can someone give a generalized ratio to how many character levels to job levels? I realize that they are not dependent on each other. For example every 2 character levels = 1 job level (2:1). My ratio is not true. Can someone who has played the game give a more accurate (doesn't have to be perfect like I said before) ratio compared to mine? Thanks.

Bast
Oct 18, 2006, 02:17 PM
I've read the post by Itsuki-chan regarding the class/race stat comparison, so I understand what you mean. Thank you Akaimizu for clarifying.

One more thing. Does that mean if I level a Human Force from level 1 to 60, the stats would be the same if I simply switch my level 60 Human Hunter to a Force?

Thanks again in advance!

Akaimizu
Oct 18, 2006, 02:21 PM
No. Character levels are not related to Class levels. There is no every certain amount of Character levels, you gain a class level ratio. Why? Because to gain character levels, you only need exp gained from taking out monsters. Class Levels are dependant solely on the idea of what Class points you gain from completing a mission.

So it is possible to kill tons of good monsters and get little Mission Points applied to your class. Your levelling would be good. Or let's say you kept quitting missions even though you fought a lot of monsters in them. Various factors, you can't really assign an actual ratio against, especially with missions awarding different amounts of points and the fact that your mission rating has something to do with how many it gives you as well.

Your stats wont be the same if you switch from Hunter to Force, even as a 60. This is due to some standard Percentage modifier that is applied to your stats once you switch. So becoming a force will add a percentage to magic, while dropping some attack power. (among other things).

But as I said before, Sega controls what gets awarded at the end of an online mission. I quickly noticed the difference between my offline experience and the 360 Online experience. Offline was a lot less frugal with giving Class points.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-18 12:25 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Oct 18, 2006, 03:26 PM
in general the first few lvls go really really slow and you wont gain a job lvl till about lvl 20 and then you will quickly go up to 5 and then it evens out from 6-10...

but if you're looking for TNLs lvl 1 is about 60jxp while lvl 4 is about 100jxp, getting from lvl 1 to lvl 5 is about 300jxp

if you looking for a general progression of stats go to stickies and look at online level data..