PDA

View Full Version : PSU = too simplistic

solidsolo
Oct 18, 2006, 02:19 PM
I've been playing the beta the last few days and it really hit me how simplistic this game is. It's practically like PSO w/ better graphics and some more weapons thrown in.. really.. its the same exact game (fanboys don't deny it). It just needs more!!

comeon.. SEGA should be further ahead than this so I decided not to purchase and 3 of my friends aren't either.

*gets his flame shield strapped to his arm and holds on tight

Fazeshot
Oct 18, 2006, 02:20 PM
cry more? dont play dont start these useless threads.. if u dont like it.. DONT PLAY noone cares

Maxurion
Oct 18, 2006, 02:22 PM
You DO know that this is a BETA, not the full game, right?

Bast
Oct 18, 2006, 02:23 PM
On 2006-10-18 12:22, Maxurion wrote:
You DO know that this is a BETA, not the full game, right?

Shhh... don't tell him that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bast on 2006-10-18 12:23 ]</font>

Feyz
Oct 18, 2006, 02:24 PM
Good point, Maxurion. That would be like playing the old ICO demo (the one that had the windmill area) and deciding not to play the full game because the demo was too limiting.

solidsolo, you played a beta, for a few days, with most items/areas/missions/expert classes unavailable to you. Of course it was limiting. It was basically a gloriified stress test.

Jozon
Oct 18, 2006, 02:25 PM
keep him away, we don't need him or his friends in the community if that's his attitude and he has to tell us all he's not playing it(cry for attention, go tell your mommy)

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 18, 2006, 02:26 PM
if they rereleased PSOBB with brand new servers, i'd start it again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Silver_Wyrm
On 2006-10-18 12:26, wraith5k wrote:
the sequel to PSO plays exactly like PSO but has more stuff. I can't. Believe it.

Can you?

No.
*wallows in disbelief*

Kakashi_Xero
exactly more room for us on servers, and last i checked it is a PS game so there will be some simalarities

wraith5k
the sequel to PSO plays exactly like PSO but has more stuff. I can't. Believe it.

Can you?

Magician
Oct 18, 2006, 02:27 PM
PSU doesn't excite you? That's fine.

Personally, I can't get enough of the beta and can't wait for what the full game will offer.

Rizen
*hands flame-proof helm*

Well, I cant say I agree. Some people were expecting a full revamp of PSO and was sad to see it wasnt. If it wasnt like PSO, I think that some people might have been as interested in PSU. Yes, the battle system is similiar with 3 combo hit, but there are new elements that enhances the experience like PAs and strafing. Other than that, PSU has more things that PSO didnt have (like my room, story, multiple missions with difficulty scale, synthing, clothes, and PMs which actually make the game unique in a way).

Also this is the beta and everything isnt out yet. But I cant change your mind, only wish you allow more of a chance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-18 12:28 ]</font>

Fazeshot
On 2006-10-18 12:26, wraith5k wrote:

Can you?

Who woulda thought!?

ABDUR101
Oct 18, 2006, 02:30 PM
Uh..yeah. You did'nt expect it to be a PSO-based game? What, you'd prefer another Episode 3 card-game? This is PSO for the next-gen consoles, with some extra stuff, an updated story, all the bells and whistles PSO players would expect, while still keeping the general PSO experience.

If you did'nt expect PSU to be what it is, wow, you missed the train I guess.

AlphaMinotaux
Rizen how old are you? your posts are like always well thought out and well worded ._.

solidsolo
On 2006-10-18 12:27, Rizen wrote:
*hands flame-proof helm*

Yes, the battle system is similiar with 3 combo hit,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-18 12:28 ]</font>

yes and also look at the mobs AI system?? comeon they just walk around like zombies like they did before.. you guys are telling me that SEGA couldn't improve on this aspect??

but the 3 hit combo bothers me the most.. i was hoping for a huge change from that.

Fazeshot
Oct 18, 2006, 02:32 PM
Umm.. the enemies dont mindlessly walk around you anymore.. they attack people based on damage done (aggro) and they jump at u and jump back as to dodge attacks and attack u by suprise.. Your logic phails

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fazeshot on 2006-10-18 12:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fazeshot on 2006-10-18 12:33 ]</font>

Valatar
Oct 18, 2006, 02:36 PM
Saying that PSU is very much like PSO is a valid thing to say. It is. There are more mechanics for character development, but the whole, 'run around, beat up a monster with your photon weapon, fry another monster with a technique, grab loot, repeat' deal is pretty much the same. I don't see a problem with that, I enjoyed the relatively simple gameplay of PSO. But if someone was terminally bored by PSO, PSU probably won't rekindle the spark.

Kakashi_Xero
Oct 18, 2006, 02:38 PM
yep, i agree with fazeshot, from what youve said you must have done a really low mission where they dont attack much, from what ive seen in videos in higher rank mission you can really get thrashed, so your logic does fail

physic
Oct 18, 2006, 02:39 PM
The 3 hit combo, is hu only,(ra plays like a gun shooter, with slight fps elements) and in reality as you level you wont use it so much, you will pick your weapon based on what PAs it has, pick your PA, and use that most the time, switching weapons for diffferent use, you can also change direction of your attacks, and maximize em to hit multiple enemies, depending on your weapon. Heh you can even control the path of the mbison like double saber attack, as for the ai, those are early levels, which usually have the simplest opponents, not like the ai is ever super powered, but its an action game, what do you want from the ai? Streetfighter? (i think that would be hot but most others would probably disagree) I see what you mean though, and i think early on it feels that way till you open the game up. till you get 3 or 4 part Pas, and switching weapons, till you have to knock an opponent on teh ground and kill them, or hit them and run away, because otherwise youll get a self destruct to the face. I think your basing too much on to little play time

Rizen
Oct 18, 2006, 02:42 PM
On 2006-10-18 12:30, solidsolo wrote:

yes and also look at the mobs AI system?? comeon they just walk around like zombies like they did before.. you guys are telling me that SEGA couldn't improve on this aspect??

but the 3 hit combo bothers me the most.. i was hoping for a huge change from that.

Actually, the AI is much better than PSO. They actually attack you more aggressively, parry, block, and even retreat at times. Also, the AI is based on Mission rank so that might be another issue.
The 3 hit combo is only for normal attacks though. I should have stated that PAs add anywhere from 3 to 7 additional hits on an enemy.

On 2006-10-18 12:30, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
Rizen how old are you? your posts are like always well thought out and well worded ._.

I am 17 going on 18 in a few months and I am a Senior in Advanced English. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif My teacher always tell me that if you want your opinion to be heard, it has to be well thought out and respectful...which I admit I havent been lately due to massive stress.

jarek99
Oct 18, 2006, 02:43 PM
Every game is the same. Every game requires you to press buttons to do things, just different pictures on the screen. You should just quit all games. We are all going to die someday. Lets skip ahead and just end it now.

what a great attitude.

Kakashi_Xero
Oct 18, 2006, 02:48 PM
wow thats the 3 person ive heard say something along the lines of that, jarek99, that was harsh but funny

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kakashi_Xero on 2006-10-18 12:48 ]</font>

Valkayree
Oct 18, 2006, 02:49 PM
On 2006-10-18 12:19, solidsolo wrote:
I've been playing the beta the last few days and it really hit me how simplistic this game is. It's practically like PSO w/ better graphics and some more weapons thrown in.. really.. its the same exact game (fanboys don't deny it). It just needs more!!

comeon.. SEGA should be further ahead than this so I decided not to purchase and 3 of my friends aren't either.

Well at least you know that you will be flamed. Personally, I'm glad you are quitting, more server space for me.

Suraku
Oct 18, 2006, 02:52 PM
Someone should move this to the rants section....

PJ
Oct 18, 2006, 02:53 PM
its the same exact game (fanboys don't deny it).

You ARE playing the same PSU I'm playing, right?

"They've both got lightsabers! And guns! And magic! They're EXACTLY the same!"

Bravo

Feyz
Oct 18, 2006, 02:54 PM
This topic... I don't mean to flame the guy who made it, but its almost like buying Soul Calibur II and complaining that all you do is fight and its a lot like Soul Calibur I. I mean, like, yeah! Soooo?

To put it another way: play what you like. If you don't think you'll like PSU based on the beta, that's your call. But just remember most of the people on this board really like PSO and are looking forward to PSU. So, you probably won't find all that many people here that 'agree' with you on skipping out on PSU.

Most of us are counting down the days, hours, seconds, milliseconds, and nanoseconds until release.

wraith5k
Oct 18, 2006, 02:55 PM
On 2006-10-18 12:43, jarek99 wrote:
Every game is the same. Every game requires you to press buttons to do things, just different pictures on the screen. You should just quit all games. We are all going to die someday. Lets skip ahead and just end it now.

what a great attitude.

We should eat less meat while we are at it. And listen to Behemoth. They own.

Akaimizu
Oct 18, 2006, 02:56 PM
On 2006-10-18 12:53, PJ wrote:

Bravo

Cool. I didn't realize how much PSU I really have been playing.

"Goes back to playing Lego Star Wars II: The original Trilogy."

(Sorry. I didn't mean to add anything to the argument, but that line alone was enough funny, even being out of context. It just warranted a punchline.)

Azurewrath
Oct 18, 2006, 02:57 PM
On 2006-10-18 12:30, solidsolo wrote:
omg this game is liek psu but the grafics r betr n theres mor stuff and you hit stuf with swords n stuf this sux man

Ryogen
Oct 18, 2006, 02:58 PM
People who don't like Beat-Em-Up's, Dynasty Warrors, Phantasy Star Online, Tomb Raider, True Crime: Streets of LA, or Nighty Nine Nights...this game is not for you. Becuase a game is simple dosen't mean it's not fun or entertaining. So if you don't like it, It's fine by me.

wraith5k
Oct 18, 2006, 02:58 PM
On 2006-10-18 12:56, Akaimizu wrote:

On 2006-10-18 12:53, PJ wrote:

Bravo

Cool. I didn't realize how much PSU I really have been playing.

"Goes back to playing Lego Star Wars II: The original Trilogy."

(Sorry. I didn't mean to add anything to the argument, but that line alone was enough funny, even being out of context. It just warranted a punchline.)

Ditto that.

*Goes back to playing Diablo II Lod.*

Kakashi_Xero
Oct 18, 2006, 02:59 PM
there not exactly the same. last i saw was you dont have the pso classes such as HUmar and RAmarl or FOnewm for that matter sure you can try to recreate them with expert classes, and none of the clothes the hair nor do the looks, look exactly the same. sure the idea of it being in a sci fi rpg is the same and the concept is the same but nothing else is the same

Losodo1976
Oct 18, 2006, 03:02 PM

Oh well... can't please everyone. Maybe you should be playing one of those life-draining MMO's?

PSU is supposed to be like PSO: simple, fun and fast paced.

Caydence
Oct 18, 2006, 03:05 PM
Sorry Solidsolo. The Halo 2 boards are located here : http://www.bungie.com

Rizen
Alright...guys, I think the point has been made. I think he made this post to be flamed on purpose. Right now all we are probably doing is giving the guy a laugh and feeding the trolls. No need to argue this much more.

Trinitystar
Im new to the PS games but to me all games are like it in a way, WoW,FFXI,EQ and so on they come out with EP that add new stuff it's still the same game. And I have been beta testing for years now and can say if you go by beta you will miss out big time. There have been games I tested that at first you could not give away but turned out to be a real good game when time came to play to real thing I say give it a new try when the game really comes out. They plan to add new stuff all the time just like the other games do.

Ryogen
Oct 18, 2006, 03:07 PM
wraith5k gave me this majick powder from Daiblo II to make trolls dissipear...it's not working.

SpishackCola
Oct 18, 2006, 03:08 PM
Needs more fuel.