PDA

View Full Version : Sad Question

Trinitystar
Oct 18, 2006, 05:30 PM
The last few days ppl have been saying unkind things about Rangers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif like no ones going to want them in there party. I plan on being one and I hope I don't end up having to solo all the time like I did when I maxed my hunter out in WoW there were so many hunters you could not get a party, after days of no partys and hours asking to join I soloed and quit. My question is can you solo this game even at high lvls if need be? I relly hope that it's just a few ranger haters that are saying stuff and not everyone feels like rangers are no good.

Delfi
Oct 18, 2006, 05:32 PM
Make another character as well as your ranger just in case? just an idea lol.I sure as heck hope ppl dont abandon me if i make a ranger lol but we will soon see heh!

Pure-chan
Oct 18, 2006, 05:34 PM
I plan on making a RA as my alt. Support? Powerful status effects? Strafing? Sounds like fun to me. I dunno why everyone is so down on this class right now.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 18, 2006, 05:35 PM
I'm coming to PSU with a small army of friends, so I think my ranger is covered.

Above all else, don't be emo to people about your frequency of invites. That's the best way to isolate yourself from the people you do get parties with, their friends, their friends friends, etc. The people who are nice to get along with always have a harem of willing adventurers to go out with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-18 15:36 ]</font>

Numnuttz
Oct 18, 2006, 05:38 PM
as of right now most ppl dont prefer rng but who cares. as long as your happy with it and do what needs to be done in parties who cares.

Scrub
Oct 18, 2006, 05:47 PM
I don't know. I'm a ranger, and my constantly shocking/freezing things doesnt seem to put people off. >_>

Trinitystar
Oct 18, 2006, 05:47 PM
But can I solo this game if it comes to that?

Foxix
Oct 18, 2006, 05:49 PM
On 2006-10-18 15:47, Trinitystar wrote:

This is PS game not FFXI, yes you will be able to solo, will it ever come down to that? I can honestly say no it won't.

DarkShadowX
Oct 18, 2006, 05:50 PM
Bah who cares what others think, if you wanna go Ranger by all means go. I, for one, wouldn't hold it against you.

-Break-
Oct 18, 2006, 05:50 PM
There will most likely always be someone on this board willing to play with you anyway.

Rizen
Oct 18, 2006, 05:51 PM
Dont worry, this is nothing like how WoW treated classes....it made me sick cuz I had a Paladin and Druid and people kept dogging them hard.

Anyway, I dont think many people will kick you out of a group for joining and being a Ranger. Even if they do, just join another game.

Also if you need more help with Ranger, or know people who have doubt, check out my Ranger post in my sig and it might clear up a few things.

Trinitystar
Oct 18, 2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks Guys you made me feel better about this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FenixStryk
Oct 18, 2006, 05:53 PM
Rangers are underestimated. They die least often, and are really, really good at applying SEs. You could also go Guntecher, so you get Ranger AND Force... can you say, ultimate support class?

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 18, 2006, 05:54 PM
I doubt we'll be completely left out of groups unless its osme power-gamer who thinks they know it all, ranger does suck in rank C but they get better at higher ranks for sure, and its fun, Im all ranger.

chrisy05
Oct 18, 2006, 05:54 PM
On 2006-10-18 15:47, Trinitystar wrote:

OF course! if your a ranger u can solo things! thats what ive done in the beta to get money and reach higher levels fast!

But whoa there rangers are a favored respected class, when i played the beta everyone seemed to like me.
Sure at times a ranger may seem like a support class but they can really dish out a lot of rapid damage.

(just make sure that when u use a ranger update yourself with the best weapons u can afford. Pluss always make sure to have all ranged weapons equiped with bullets)