PDA

View Full Version : A few quick questions.

Dr_Lantis
Oct 18, 2006, 07:24 PM
Should I play through the offline mode before I start online mode. I have had many suggestions about experiencing the offline mode first, but I kind of want to jump into online mode.

Would a character who goes through a class change have similar stats to that of a natural class. Would I just become a level one of the new class, or would I keep all my character stats. I am assuming that if I am a level 20 hunter that wants to become a force, I would keep my position as a level 20 hunter, but I would be given the stats of a level one force; and if I ant to change back to a hunter at a later level, I would become a level 20 hunter. Also, would there be a similar stat growth between a natural force and a class-changed force?

About payment, would I be able to use one of those store bought debit card (like a disposable Visa gift card)?

Rizen
Oct 18, 2006, 07:28 PM
I suggest playing offline at least 2 or 3 chapters before jumping online...but theres also a tutorial online so...might not have to. But I still suggest playing offline for the story so that you wont be lost when you do Story quests online.

Also, your character has set stats and those stats are modified by what class and class level you are. But, yeah you are correct. I see you did a bit of research http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

Also I can not help with payment http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif sorry.

February
Oct 18, 2006, 07:28 PM
I'd recomend playing around offline first just to get the hang of it. Play for an hour or two offline, then you should be good.

Lovejuice
Oct 18, 2006, 07:33 PM
I've seen this talked about before, and I personally think that if you complete the tutorial online (and you really should) the game is not that difficult to grasp and you can start with network mode immediately. If you are scared of looking like an ass online, you can always do the tutorial again - or play your very first game solo in a password locked room to get oriented. No matter how much offline mode you play, you will still have things to learn in network mode, such as playing with real people, and that you will not be as uberly super-powered as the offline modes and may need to be more cautious in your approach.

However, if you plan on doing the "Episode 2" story missions when they are released, it is kind of essential you play the story mode or you may not understand a good few things.

EDIT: Possible mini-spoiler; a fun little quirk is that after the credits roll in story mode, some of the characters will make remarks to the effect of "Hey, let's go try the network mode!!", which I found mildly amusing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-10-18 17:36 ]</font>

Dr_Lantis
Oct 18, 2006, 07:35 PM
I'm not worried about learning the basics of the game; I'm just wondering if I should know the offline references that the game may make during online missions.

Lovejuice
Oct 18, 2006, 07:47 PM
In truth, the offline game doesn't go a great deal to flesh out certain bosses and areas (the relics are perhaps a strong exception to this), many are just 'there' and bad things happen in them. It seems more obsessed with fleshing out the characters themselves and then it's a case of "GO TO THE TEMPLE AND STOP THEM!!". Outside of the tutorial the offline characters rarely (if ever) make a 'story based' appearance until the single player "Episode 2" missions (the first only just being released on the JP game). There are also numerous events and mini-bosses that are exclusive to the offline mode due to their story implications that it is unlikely we will encounter online for a good long while.

The network mission descriptions in PSU are all pretty basic "defeat X!", "we lost contact with Y, explore and clear Y!", "get through Z!!" type things so far and don't reference story events other than "SEED/BAD GUYS IS/ARE HERE AND MONSTERS GONE CRAZY! HELP!" (yet). The only kind of thing you might wonder "wtf?" is why there are certain enemy types in certain areas, so if that's a biggie, then hit the story mode if the network description is too vague.

Of course, in a perfect world, you would complete story 100% and then play online - but the draw of online mode is obviously quite huge in a game like this upon release.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-10-18 17:52 ]</font>

Genobee
Oct 18, 2006, 07:56 PM
it realy doesn't matter

Dr_Lantis
Oct 18, 2006, 07:57 PM
I'm most worried about the payment method and if that would be acceptable.

-Crokar-
Oct 18, 2006, 07:58 PM
ill be playing offline mode until i can actually play online wich may be awhile

February
Oct 18, 2006, 08:08 PM
On 2006-10-18 17:57, Dr_Lantis wrote:
I'm most worried about the payment method and if that would be acceptable.

It should be as long as you change your billing info each month. Send an email to Sega and ask to make sure though.