PDA

View Full Version : gaah, cant decide which version to get

atomisk
Oct 18, 2006, 07:40 PM
alright, well, i have a ps2, 360, and a decent laptop and I cant decide which I want to use for psu. I really want to use the 360 but I hate the idea of voice chat and and am worried that it will turn into the xbox pso which gets completely neglected and underpopulated. with ps2 i feel like id be getting a lower quality product than the 360 or computer and I got my ps2 at launch so its kinda on its last leg (gets alot of disc read errors, I couldnt finish xenosaga 3 because of it) and I also dont like the idea of using my laptop when I have a nicer TV screen. anyway, if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 18, 2006, 07:44 PM
pc/ps2 have a larger playerbase as being merged.
xbox has voice, no choice in the matter, taht can be good or bad depending on your wishes/xbox live experience.

Im getting it for old ps2, because event hen when I egt a better comp I can still dl the game and use the code I got from my ps2 (same account, just diff system dont need to pay) and when I eventually (egh pricey not right away) get a ps3, it will run beautifully on that Im sure.

eh xbox360's have been unreliable to me in all my past experiences so Im a bit biased, but theres my 2 cents

Dr_Lantis
Oct 18, 2006, 07:45 PM
The PS2 version is pretty much going to be neglected; the 360 and PC versions are good choices and neither should lack in updates (although if was a lacking, it would be in the 360 version most likely).

I wish I could play it on the Dreamcast though.

Thrash777
Oct 18, 2006, 07:46 PM
for your situation, 360 sounds the best... and the voice chat works fine, its not like the old xbox version with people screaming in lobbys, as you can only chat with people in your party, which is sensible

Bleemo
Oct 18, 2006, 07:47 PM
Honestly, if you plan on playing Xbox 360 with random groups and you hate the voice chat, I advise against getting the 360 version. Voice chat constantly conflicts with keyboard chat in most random groups. If you can bear with the voice chat, then go for the 360 version as it will undoubtedly look better and recieve less slowdowns.

I'll state it again: if you absolutely hate voice chat, don't get the 360 version. If you can learn not to mind it, get the 360 version.

There are many here who are in your situation that can only play either the PS2 or Xbox 360 versions, and choose to play PS2 because of the voice chat system.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 18, 2006, 07:48 PM
On 2006-10-18 17:45, Dr_Lantis wrote:
The PS2 version is pretty much going to be neglected; the 360 and PC versions are good choices and neither should lack in updates (although if was a lacking, it would be in the 360 version most likely).

I wish I could play it on the Dreamcast though.

to neglect ps2 would eb to neglect the pc. They are merged cant really pull that off unless they seperated the two completely, and being as the two are merged and will have a larger playerbase, they will more likely have the higher priority.

Pop_Rocks
Oct 18, 2006, 07:51 PM
If you have a nice TV and a nice laptop...Couldn't you just hook the laptop up to the TV?

Eelijah
Oct 18, 2006, 07:53 PM
Iam going 360 cause my long time pso Buddie doesn't have a ps2 or a good pc. when u think about it pc or ps2 would be smarter cause it should be a bigger community with both platforms, but also it means more cheaters from the pc side, on the other hand 360 is hacker safe atm and better graphics....

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 18, 2006, 07:54 PM
On 2006-10-18 17:53, Eelijah wrote:
Iam going 360 cause my long time pso Buddie doesn't have a ps2 or a good pc. when u think about it pc or ps2 would be smarter cause it should be a bigger community with both platforms, but also it means more cheaters from the pc side, on the other hand 360 is hacker safe atm and better graphics....

I dont htink hacking will be as much a problem this time, just my thoughts, btu yea if your firneds are all egtting one version going witht hem would be funnest most likely

SpishackCola
Oct 18, 2006, 07:55 PM
damn man, all 3 systems? If you aren't going into the game with friends on specific systems I'd just do a bunch of random "games" to decide for ya. Like drawing lots, rolling dice, that line ladder following thing, round robin coin flip, etc etc etc.

atomisk
Oct 18, 2006, 07:58 PM
ok, first, how does one go about hooking a laptop up to a tv and how would I use a keyboard? second, how would a laptop with an amd 3200 processors, 512 megabytes of ram, and a radeon express 200 video card compare to the other versions? third, how much worse does the ps2 version look/run than the 360 version?

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 18, 2006, 08:02 PM
On 2006-10-18 17:58, atomisk wrote:
ok, first, how does one go about hooking a laptop up to a tv and how would I use a keyboard? second, how would a laptop with an amd 3200 processors, 512 megabytes of ram, and a radeon express 200 video card compare to the other versions? third, how much worse does the ps2 version look/run than the 360 version?

currently the "ps2" versions we've been seeing have been bad quality and on bad connectiosn so alot of them are actually irrelevant, it likely wont be as good, but certainly isnt as bad as I've heard alot say.
If you are planning on a ps3 anytime in the future get it for ps2

if you have friends get it with them, whatever it is

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2006-10-18 18:03 ]</font>

Roguearthur
Oct 18, 2006, 08:07 PM
On 2006-10-18 17:54, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

I dont htink hacking will be as much a problem this time, just my thoughts, btu yea if your firneds are all egtting one version going witht hem would be funnest most likely

everything is hackable, and when its patched, it will just get hacked again sooner or later..

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 18, 2006, 08:08 PM
On 2006-10-18 18:07, Roguearthur wrote:

On 2006-10-18 17:54, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

everything is hackable, and when its patched, it will just get hacked again sooner or later..

precisely, with "everything" being a keyword, what I meant was I dont think hacking will be as ignored as it was in previous pso games, or perhaps simply being hopeful of such.

Pop_Rocks
Oct 18, 2006, 08:13 PM
On 2006-10-18 17:58, atomisk wrote:

Well, if you have an S-Video port on your laptop, you can just plug it into the S-Video on your TV then go into your video settings and set it up from there. Only done it once or twice, and sound still comes from the laptop, but you probably have some speakers lying around or somthing to make it sound better, right?

atomisk
Oct 18, 2006, 08:28 PM
hmmm, i have a port on my laptop that has an S, what looks like a tv, and an arrow, im guessing thats the S-video port? anyway, would this set up work? laptop connected to the tv, using the xbox 360 controller (by the way, how do you get the xbox controller to work with the pc?) with a wireless keyboard?

Pop_Rocks
Oct 18, 2006, 08:36 PM
Well, my laptop dosn't have anything like that on it, but I can't imagine it being anything else. Since you probably don't have an S-Video cable laying around you should probably ask BestBuy or whoever about it just to be safe.

On the subject of the 360 controller, I'm pretty sure I remember people talking about it being able to be used as a PC controller, so I'm guessing (since it's Microsoft and all), that part of the controller is a USB plug and you just plug that on in and you can easily set it up from there (if it dosn't do it automatically). Ofcourse, maybe Microsoft just has a controller designed LIKE the 360 controller for PCs. I dunno. Not really into Xbox myself.