PDA

View Full Version : Irony

Minswune
Oct 18, 2006, 08:49 PM
So, in PSU, I've been playing around with each class, (Hunter, Ranger, and Force), and have noticed something rather amusing.

In parties, people say Hunter = Easy, Ranger = Middle, Force = Expert, right?

Solo, it seems like the exact opposite, Force = Easy, Ranger = Middle (Still), and Hunter = Expert.

Solo:
I say this, because forces can blast out incredible damage for a few PP from a range, and in the harder difficulties, can solo far more efficiently than the other classes, run out of pp? Just wait or back track to a recharge station, and refill for 100~ meseta or so, and continue on your merry way. Not to mention resta is a godsend.

Ranger, Tried this class a bit, like being able to melee and attack from afar for safety, and the ability to inflict status effects, however guns can empty out of PP awfully quick, and they also need to buy mates to replenish lost HP. Though all and all not bad.

Hunter, It may have just been me, but this job seemed like a real pain to safely use. (Don't get me wrong, it was certainly fun), but getting right in the enemies face to fight can result in you taking a beating more often than not, mates empty quick this way, and boss fights are just hell, get stepped on/burned/hit for massive damage, and your healing supplies can be eaten in no time, leaving you a sitting duck.

Now then, Party play:

Hunter: Attack like mad until the mob is dead, use PA's wisely, and avoid taking too much damage if your near death.

Ranger, Debuff mobs, and add support damage, stay out of the fray, and your golden.

Force, Bit different of a job this time around, you must focus on keeping your party alive, Resta is your best friend for parties, but can also leave you feeling like a baby sitter for crazy melee.
Also, aiming nukes can be a hassle with slow casting animations, when a hunter or ranger is knocking a mob silly. Still, a very fun job, just feels like more of a chore in party play.

Anyone have any thoughts regarding the subject? Notice the same trends or disagree? Sorry for the lame topic, just bored with XBL being on the fritz. ._.

Also, sorry the data is kinda "Force Heavy", play a force main. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Velsynic
Oct 18, 2006, 09:22 PM
I think it's basically the same trends so I agree. I didn't think it was a lame topic, it was interesting to read. Should be a blast!

Fleece
Oct 18, 2006, 09:29 PM
Always been like that.

But im always hunter so its never difficult, its just like sex, all about the timing.

Lovejuice
Oct 18, 2006, 09:32 PM
A lot of this changes late game, and balances out, if the new level 50+ things available on JP PSU are anything to go by.

Hunters begin to catch up with (and even outstrip) Force damage, Ranger support is still precious (and a constant stream of fire is great), and everyone genuinely seems to have a place in a team. Forces are gods at low levels, yes, but soon enemies begin to have bajiliions of hitpoints, much more varied and extreme resistances (one minute Forces are laughing due to enemies with low MST, and then the next you are up against something with immsense technic resistance), hit a lot harder, status effects fly everywhere and things go all upside the head. It does balance out. Not to mention the fact that Hunter PA chains get longer, and they are capable of unleashing more hits quicker than Forces can currently spam things like Diga (the cast times and things currently play a huge part in this balance, how many hits can a Ranger get in through bullets, or a Hunter through a PA during one whole cast of Diga from a Staff? With everyone constantly getting stronger, it's a pretty big thing). And then there's the issue of survivability. Even things like the Nanoblast and SUV weapon become much more tactical in use rather than just "RAR OWNAGE LOOKIE" as the enemies get hilariously tougher. I find it all great great fun.

Although, everything can, and probably will, change when even more is released (support and more offensive techs, PAs, new weapons and badguys), and people grow in to their expert classes, along with more advanced synth materials and boards and things. But for now, what is essentially the 'middle' game at around 50 - seems balanced.

Merumeru
Oct 18, 2006, 09:45 PM
Don't worry about such things XD just play the class you will have most fun with, thats all that will keep you playing in the end~

Flamingo99
Oct 18, 2006, 10:19 PM
Eh... my question is sort of on topic I guess. Well anyway here it is. Does Resta heal your party at lvl.1? If not what level does it allow you to heal other members? Also, is Resta a "range circle" like in PSO, or does it heal everyone in the party no matter how far they are from you? In your opinion Healing seemed like a forces biggest role, so I'm curious to see how Resta works.

Sevenfold
Oct 18, 2006, 10:20 PM
Lets all wait 5 more days and see what happens hmmm.

Trinitystar
Oct 18, 2006, 10:32 PM
On 2006-10-18 19:22, Velsynic wrote:
I think it's basically the same trends so I agree. I didn't think it was a lame topic, it was interesting to read. Should be a blast!

Feel the same way, good read I love to get reed back on the game ty http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Minswune
Oct 19, 2006, 12:59 AM
[quote]
On 2006-10-18 20:19, Flamingo99 wrote:
Eh... my question is sort of on topic I guess. Well anyway here it is. Does Resta heal your party at lvl.1? If not what level does it allow you to heal other members? Also, is Resta a "range circle" like in PSO, or does it heal everyone in the party no matter how far they are from you? In your opinion Healing seemed like a forces biggest role, so I'm curious to see how Resta works.

[/quote

Yes, it heals at level 1, and it has a "Heal Circle", not sure, but i think it increases as your Resta PA gets higher in level.

And happy to hear the game balances a bit : I have a good ranger friend who isnt thrilled with his ranger currently, since my forces damage dominates just about everything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

FenixStryk
Oct 19, 2006, 01:03 AM
Resta has an unbelievably small heal circle early on. You pretty much have to be RIGHT NEXT to someone for it to heal them at the lower levels. It gets much bigger, though. And once you get Giresta, it even cures debuffs.

Minswune
Oct 19, 2006, 01:09 AM
Giresta cures debuffs? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif thus making reverser kinda pointless? aside from cost efficiency.

Drown
Oct 19, 2006, 01:14 AM
I think if you play your class well, you'll be just fine.

DoubleJG
Oct 19, 2006, 01:22 AM
On 2006-10-18 19:29, Fleece wrote:
Always been like that.

But im always hunter so its never difficult, its just like sex, all about the timing.

lol sex, I love it.

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 08:41 AM
wow it was the compelete opisite in PSO.

The Racast was the easist class to play in the game.

HUcast was the hardist to play.

Forces where in the middle.

Saigan
Oct 19, 2006, 08:51 AM
I don't think anyone class was eaier or harder than the others (cept for FOs late game = crappy dmg). It all comes down to proper equipment use and your own play style.

Nilot
Oct 19, 2006, 08:51 AM
I guess it just comes down to how the player him/erself is comfortable playing

Nayte
Oct 19, 2006, 08:53 AM
The OP might have been going by what the in-game descriptions say?
The game itself says forces are reccomended for expert/advanced players

Zabot
Oct 19, 2006, 09:17 AM
On 2006-10-18 19:29, Fleece wrote:
Always been like that.

Sure as hell is LOL.

Minswune
Oct 19, 2006, 11:20 AM
On 2006-10-19 06:53, Nayte wrote:
The OP might have been going by what the in-game descriptions say?
The game itself says forces are reccomended for expert/advanced players

^ What he said.