PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure I understand how user shops work..

StanleyPain
Oct 18, 2006, 08:57 PM
I've been reading some things on the net about the user shops, and I can't seem to find a good answer to my question.

If I, for example, have a mag that can synthesize a Trimate, does this mean I can open a store that sells Trimates for less than NPC stores do? Does your store sell items that are possible for you to synthesize? OR, is it, instead, only for selling of SINGLE items that you specially place into the shop???

When I first heard about the idea, I was excited that you could continually sell an item, like a type of weapon or something, but now It's looking like you have to MAKE the item each and every time YOURSELF before it can be sold.

Nani-chan
Oct 18, 2006, 09:06 PM
I sure hope it's any item.. I'd like to sell items for slightly more than a npc buys it for.

-Break-
Oct 18, 2006, 09:08 PM
On 2006-10-18 18:57, StanleyPain wrote:

When I first heard about the idea, I was excited that you could continually sell an item, like a type of weapon or something, but now It's looking like you have to MAKE the item each and every time YOURSELF before it can be sold.

Economically, that would make no sense. It's called supply and demand

Cross
Oct 18, 2006, 09:15 PM
You can only sell items you've made. With Trimates, though, you have a 100% success rate with any PM and there's no synthesis time; they just pop out instantly. You can make them 10 at a time with a single board, as long as you have the materials.

The supply on Trimates far outstrips the demand, though, so you couldn't really make a ton of money on them. The money is in 5*+ equipment.

Edit: You don't have to put in single Trimates or anything though. You can put them up in stacks of 20, and you can put in tons of stacks at once.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-10-18 19:16 ]</font>

StanleyPain
Oct 18, 2006, 09:30 PM
I was only using Trimates as an example.

My meaning was that once you can manufacture an item on your own through synthesis, can the shop sell it infinitely, or do you have to physically MAKE the item for each copy you wish to sell?

FenixStryk
Oct 18, 2006, 09:33 PM
I'll assume it's per copy. Otherwise, it would be way too easy to dupe. I mean, CMON.

hans4
Oct 18, 2006, 09:35 PM
but u can still sell by traden

Kyuu
Oct 18, 2006, 09:39 PM
It's just a shop where you can sell items, it doesn't magically produce items out of nowhere. Besides, taking your trimate example... if everyone could just get the ability to make trimates infinitely and sell them, there'd be so many of them for sale that you'd have to sell them for practically nothing. Not much good, economically speaking.

Player shops are just a way to sell of items you don't want/need. I'm pretty sure you can sell anything, not just items you've synthesized yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-10-18 19:39 ]</font>

Skyly
Oct 18, 2006, 09:57 PM
I'd like if it was items you dont want. you can sell then in your shop.

Neo187H
Oct 18, 2006, 11:35 PM
How does the shop work? Do other players come into your shop and buy things? If so, how do these other players get to your shop to buy your things?

Cross
Oct 18, 2006, 11:39 PM
On 2006-10-18 19:30, StanleyPain wrote:
My meaning was that once you can manufacture an item on your own through synthesis, can the shop sell it infinitely, or do you have to physically MAKE the item for each copy you wish to sell?

You have to make the item. The reason you can't sell them infinitely is that you can't produce them infinitely. Besides the cost of the materials to craft the item, you only have a certain percent chance of succeeding in synthesis, and for equipment, there's also a certain amount of time required to synthesize an item. (Just as an example, a level 0 PM will craft 5* Rods at a 56% success rate, and it takes an hour for every attempt to complete.)

It's not that your PM 'can make an item', exactly - any PM can potentially make any item - but your chance of success goes up, so there's a certain point where your PM will be good enough that it's worth it to create items just to sell.

On 2006-10-18 21:35, Neo187H wrote:
How does the shop work? Do other players come into your shop and buy things? If so, how do these other players get to your shop to buy your things?

Your shop is attached to your room. Other players can get in their either directly (through partner cards or whatever) or by searching through the shop list either by character name, by advertising line, or by inventory.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-10-18 21:41 ]</font>

hypersaxon
Oct 19, 2006, 01:17 AM
No offense, but why on Earth would an online RPG allow you to sell the same item over and over again infinitely?

Meseta would be inflated in mere minutes.

Blenjar
Oct 19, 2006, 01:41 AM
Sure for this one: PELE
He has a nice shop with attribute weapons and others.

-- Blen

StanleyPain
Oct 19, 2006, 02:12 AM
I forgot that users set their own prices...now it makes sense. Before, I was thinking that an item had a certain value that could not be changed, thus not effecting the economy much. But, nevermind....I see how it works now.

Zato-2TWO
Oct 19, 2006, 04:25 AM
Here's a question: Can synth materials be sold on a Player Shop? Like, if you just got a sweet new board and wanted to start cranking out a set of awesome items without having to go out and farm for mats youself, could you just hit the markets and see if anyone has a stack of mats for sale?

Miyoko
Oct 19, 2006, 04:44 AM
Hrm. I don't suppose rare item drops can be sold in shops, then? :l Or is it just anything with an "official weapon brand" that can't be sold?

Magician
Oct 19, 2006, 05:57 AM
You can sell items you've found on mission or items you've synthesized.

Anything and everything can be bought or sold via the player stores.

Dark_Heal_v2
Oct 19, 2006, 06:20 AM
Your can sell anything you own, including decorations and even your used clothes.
Synthesizing has no direct connection with player shops, you buy the shop ticket to open a player shop, after that you can sell anything you have from then on.