PDA

View Full Version : A Recommendation For Judgemental Players

Shye
Oct 18, 2006, 11:05 PM
I suggest that, before you laugh someone out of your party, you see what that person can do.

I realize this will go unheeded by many, be scoffed at by most, and flamed or made fun of by some, but if just one person changes the way they interract with people joining their parties then I've done more than enough.

I'm speaking of a particular group of level 15's. Apparently obtaining S-Rank on a Beta is more important to them than enjoying themselves or meeting someone new. Fine, it's a free game world, do what you like...

But please don't berate someone for joining you if they're a lower level than you expect. Really, please. Just because you have to be level 15 to play properly doesn't mean everyone has to.

And for your information, after I left (to the sounds of your jeers and taunts) I went right back in to my own game on the same level... and beat the dragon by myself. No death, two monomates.

Your fears about me ruining your S-rank were unfounded, and you lost the chance to make a friend.

Even if I was level 6.

Sev
Oct 18, 2006, 11:18 PM
Well... When I played the Beta it didn't seem to matter what level they were, people just kept dying. It was hilarious, but eventually I had to solo a bit to actually get some job EXP until the Tutorial was doable. I made a good bit of money in those parties though, simply because if you're not picking something up... I will steal.

chrisy05
Oct 18, 2006, 11:26 PM
darn thats no fare. When my party got to the boss portal and entered the loading screen would never stop loading for the bosses... it would just keep going and going -.- .... untill i had to go back to the dash board and log in again which took 20 minutes ...do to the high amount of people playing.
Point is, i made a popular lv 16 ranger and was never able to fight a boss with him... even when i was in a party =(

but umm yeah, the more people in a party the better i say.

Aaron777
Oct 18, 2006, 11:52 PM
Bravo Shye...when I played WoW there were too many people that were far too "elite" to play with the likes of me when I was a lower level...I just hope this mentality could change somewhat

fcukReality
Oct 18, 2006, 11:52 PM
its xbox 360 ... your bound to run into more scrubs and 13 year olds on ego trips, than decent people ...

Cipher
Oct 18, 2006, 11:56 PM
yet another reason to get the pc version

zakuman
Oct 19, 2006, 12:00 AM
unfortunately.... xboxlive had a good community when it started. But yeah, there's a lot of d-bags now. That's why I mainly play with friends, and let other people join. If they give me gruf, I give them the boot. (I normally host too, so that option is available to me).

Ether
Oct 19, 2006, 12:01 AM
God, can't any thread go 5 posts without OLO XBOX 360 SUCKS posts. The constant flamewars are getting ridiculous

-Shimarisu-
Oct 19, 2006, 12:02 AM
I was a judgemental player, obviously I was well aware of this and thought of myself as such, so when I saw this thread I recognised that it was aimed at me and therefore clicked on it. And now I am utterly cured of my judgemental ways, thank you sir, your post made me see the light!

Temari
Oct 19, 2006, 12:04 AM
I would hate to have a noob in my party but then again, the noob has to have experience so he or she won't be called a noob again.

We were all there before. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Trinitystar
Oct 19, 2006, 12:06 AM
On 2006-10-18 22:02, Trinitystar wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-10-18 21:05, Shye wrote:
I suggest that, before you laugh someone out of your party, you see what that person can do.

I realize this will go unheeded by many, be scoffed at by most, and flamed or made fun of by some, but if just one person changes the way they interract with people joining their parties then I've done more than enough.

I'm speaking of a particular group of level 15's. Apparently obtaining S-Rank on a Beta is more important to them than enjoying themselves or meeting someone new. Fine, it's a free game world, do what you like...

But please don't berate someone for joining you if they're a lower level than you expect. Really, please. Just because you have to be level 15 to play properly doesn't mean everyone has to.

And for your information, after I left (to the sounds of your jeers and taunts) I went right back in to my own game on the same level... and beat the dragon by myself. No death, two monomates.

Your fears about me ruining your S-rank were unfounded, and you lost the chance to make a friend.

Even if I was level 6.

Im sorry that happened to you and you don't need friends like that anyways. There will always be what I call Fun Killers ppl who get off making others feel bad to make themselfs feel good. You will find real friends there are more nice ppl out there then mean, keep your head up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DrewSeleski
Oct 19, 2006, 12:07 AM
lol noobs

Niki
Oct 19, 2006, 12:08 AM
Too bad you're on 360, I'd party.

Bluecowbank
systems don't change peoples behavior, they act the way they act because they choose to, odds are that the monthly fee will weed out most of the blammers and inconsiderate people, but in the end, it still comes down to peoples choices. I look forward to the games release, seeing as I deleted the beta cause I thought it was over today -sigh- oh well I can wait... I hope. but ya anonemity causes alot of people to get braver Aka shooting off their mouthes. No matter what the system or game, you will always run into those who have to bully to make themselves feel better.

Temari
Wait... level 15? I guess they have nothing better to do than to "beat the game".

... nerds... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif!

Cross
Oct 19, 2006, 12:10 AM
See, sometimes it's not about you being low level, or even you being likely to ruin the group's grade of the mission.

Sometimes, I just gotta be a total dick, and some low-level dude is a good outlet. I mean, if I didn't do that, I wouldn't be such a cheerful nice guy on these forums and things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-10-18 22:11 ]</font>

Bluecowbank
Oct 19, 2006, 12:14 AM
... Ahem, lvl 16<<< Nerd T-T

ProfessorZ
Oct 19, 2006, 12:33 AM
If you wanna have fun go someplace else. This is America and we want S rank!!

Drown
Oct 19, 2006, 12:44 AM
God, that is totally ridiculous. Why do you care so much about getting stuff on a char that is going to be gone within days?

Screw em, anyway. There are plenty of worthwhile people free from compensation issues on any system. Just find the good people, and someday you will probably get a chance to return the favour some people have extended you.

Shazbot
Oct 19, 2006, 12:45 AM
It's sad that some kids booed him out of their game but I think the slightly sadder part is that it was eating him up so bad that he went to a website and wrote them a letter telling them off--which they will probably never read. Reading this post, I imagined a skinny kid with glasses and the sniffles typing away at his computer, a single tear running down his face. I'm not trying to be mean or anything -- I certainly would never boot someone for being under-leveled -- there's just something piteable about the post.

Sevenfold
Oct 19, 2006, 12:48 AM
On 2006-10-18 22:45, Shazbot wrote:

It's sad that some kids booed him out of their game but I think the slightly sadder part is that it was eating him up so bad that he went to a website and wrote them a letter telling them off--which they will probably never read. Reading this post, I imagined a skinny kid with glasses and the sniffles typing away at his computer, a single tear running down his face. I'm not trying to be mean or anything -- I certainly would never boot someone for being under-leveled -- there's just something piteable about the post.

All too true. Preach it.

FenixStryk
Oct 19, 2006, 12:49 AM
I've been the victim of nubcakes like this before. But look whose pwnin' noobs now?!

fcukReality
Oct 19, 2006, 12:50 AM
im not saying that xbox 360 sucks or anything ... im just stating that the general 360 community in general are immature kids that try and act tough online ... and that your bound to run across at least a few of them throughout your time playing on it... thats one of the reasons i stick to PC ...

Drown
Oct 19, 2006, 12:51 AM
Meh, if he wants to tell em off, that is certainly his right.

DraginHikari
Oct 19, 2006, 12:57 AM
Being a relatively casual player on online games, I don't quite people who make ordeals because someone dies here or there. Or doesn't play as well as someone else. I understand playing well is important for the ranking setup. But it's hard for new people or people in general to enjoy a game if they're not allow to make any mistakes at all.

Minswune
Oct 19, 2006, 01:07 AM
Sad to hear about your story http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Personally, i really think it depends on the situation, ie- If a group of level 20's is rushing the C rank first Parum mission, to head to the second area where they can fight the dragon, but on B rank, they really couldn't do a B rank dragon due to level pre-reqs, thus having grounds to boot someone low.

However, if your just doing a normal run, give the person a chance, and see if they can manage themselves, if so, let them enjoy the experience. However, please note, not everyone is too "Sharp" some people, no matter what level, will be fighting the dragon, and stand still when he's breathing fire on them...

Anyhow, hope to see the community doesn't thrash on the nublets of society, and gives them a chance :/

Cross
Oct 19, 2006, 01:14 AM
On 2006-10-18 22:50, fcukReality wrote:
im not saying that xbox 360 sucks or anything ... im just stating that the general 360 community in general are immature kids that try and act tough online ... and that your bound to run across at least a few of them throughout your time playing on it... thats one of the reasons i stick to PC ...

Yyyyeaaaaahhhh...

I really, really don't want to be mean and burst your happy bubble of ignorance, but the relative maturity of online gamers is pretty much the same from platform to platform. For every stupid kid playing Halo 2 and being a moron, there's one playing Counter-Strike on the PC.

Miyoko
Oct 19, 2006, 01:14 AM
You know, to be honest, if I was a Lv15/16 character, and a Lv5 character joined the team, I'd ask them to leave. I wouldn't boot them unless absolutely necessary, but still, a Lv5 character isn't going to really help the team much, and further more, it's not exactly fun for ME or MY TEAMATES to run around babysitting lowbies like that.

Getting booted from the team isn't fun for you, we get that. But having someone drag the team down isn't fun for the rest of the group. Deal with it.

Drown
Oct 19, 2006, 01:18 AM
From my experience, the community does, for the most part, seem to be a helpful one. At any rate, there will be people worth the time. Find them.

Drown
Oct 19, 2006, 01:20 AM
On 2006-10-18 23:14, Miyoko wrote:
You know, to be honest, if I was a Lv15/16 character, and a Lv5 character joined the team, I'd ask them to leave. I wouldn't boot them unless absolutely necessary, but still, a Lv5 character isn't going to really help the team much, and further more, it's not exactly fun for ME or MY TEAMATES to run around babysitting lowbies like that.

Getting booted from the team isn't fun for you, we get that. But having someone drag the team down isn't fun for the rest of the group. Deal with it.

Actually, I always found that in PSO, differences in levels didn't really do much to ruin the game. However, PSU may be different, and that is certainly fine. PS has always been a game better suited to the non-elitist(who play WoW), so I would hope that PSU continues the trend.

Miyoko
Oct 19, 2006, 01:22 AM
On 2006-10-18 23:20, Drown wrote:

Actually, I always found that in PSO, differences in levels didn't really do much to ruin the game. However, PSU may be different, and that is certainly fine. PS has always been a game better suited to the non-elitist(who play WoW), so I would hope that PSU continues the trend.

You're right and wrong about PSO. You're right, as later on in the game, yeah, it didn't matter if you had a Lv200 teaming with a Lv100 -- You'd do fine.

But try getting 3 Lv15-20s, going into ruins, and bringing a Lv5 with you. Not quite the same http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm sure PSU -will- be friendly with levels again, but, I'm sure it'll be the same, and not so friendly untill later levels.

Drown
Oct 19, 2006, 01:24 AM
On 2006-10-18 23:22, Miyoko wrote:

On 2006-10-18 23:20, Drown wrote:

You're right and wrong about PSO. You're right, as later on in the game, yeah, it didn't matter if you had a Lv200 teaming with a Lv100 -- You'd do fine.

But try getting 3 Lv15-20s, going into ruins, and bringing a Lv5 with you. Not quite the same http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm sure PSU -will- be friendly with levels again, but, I'm sure it'll be the same, and not so friendly untill later levels.

Perhaps. I think another good rule of thumb would be to try to stick with people near your level. Of course, we are two different people, with different opinions. Plus, I haven't played yet, so we'll have to see.

Miyoko
Oct 19, 2006, 01:29 AM
On 2006-10-18 23:24, Drown wrote:

Perhaps. I think another good rule of thumb would be to try to stick with people near your level. Of course, we are two different people, with different opinions. Plus, I haven't played yet, so we'll have to see.

'Tis a good rule to follow. And mind you, I'm not trying to attack anyone, and I respect your opinion -- I'm just justifying why someone may ask you to leave the team due to level http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Some people will do it 'cause they suck, yeah, but there are legitimate reasons for it with some people.

Drown
Oct 19, 2006, 01:43 AM
On 2006-10-18 23:29, Miyoko wrote:

On 2006-10-18 23:24, Drown wrote:

'Tis a good rule to follow. And mind you, I'm not trying to attack anyone, and I respect your opinion -- I'm just justifying why someone may ask you to leave the team due to level http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Some people will do it 'cause they suck, yeah, but there are legitimate reasons for it with some people.

Oh, I agree, no hostility here. Just a friendly chat.

Undubbed
Oct 19, 2006, 02:11 AM
Do some people on this forum really believe that if every PC/PS2 user used a head set that you wouldn't find the same kind of assholes?

SpishackCola
Oct 19, 2006, 02:20 AM
On 2006-10-19 00:11, Undubbed wrote:
Do some people on this forum really believe that if every PC/PS2 user used a head set that you wouldn't find the same kind of assholes?

Of course! On the PC/PS2 side its all rainbows, fluffy clouds, kittens, puppies, rivers of chocolate, rains flavored water and more! Once we finish playing our 1-hour session we all gather in the study to discuss current political and cultural events over tea.

Kakashi_Xero
Oct 19, 2006, 02:43 AM
im all for helping people that enter my party what ever there level is, three is no reason to be a dick, even if they do suck thats y you help them get better, but then again you do get those people that think there better than someon just cause of a 10 lvl or greater... but you dont have t worry about that playing with me im on the ps2

Shazbot
Oct 19, 2006, 03:09 AM
Joining a group of LV30+ Dragon killing fanatics with a level 5 character happens to be a really good way of grabbing EXP really fast. A single low-level guy who stays out of trouble and tags the Dragon once and then runs like hell isn't gonna drag down the team all that much. Let'em tag along...because I'm probably one of them.

Undubbed
Oct 19, 2006, 03:14 AM
On 2006-10-19 00:20, SpishackCola wrote:

On 2006-10-19 00:11, Undubbed wrote:

Of course! On the PC/PS2 side its all rainbows, fluffy clouds, kittens, puppies, rivers of chocolate, rains flavored water and more! Once we finish playing our 1-hour session we all gather in the study to discuss current political and cultural events over tea.

Damn, looks like the PC version is the best after all!

Miyoko
Oct 19, 2006, 03:16 AM
On 2006-10-19 01:09, Shazbot wrote:

Joining a group of LV30+ Dragon killing fanatics with a level 5 character happens to be a really good way of grabbing EXP really fast. A single low-level guy who stays out of trouble and tags the Dragon once and then runs like hell isn't gonna drag down the team all that much. Let'em tag along...because I'm probably one of them.

I personally wouldn't want you on my team if that's all your going to do. I like my teamates to contribute and help, earning the rewards they get.

Kakashi_Xero
Oct 19, 2006, 03:25 AM
im also one for helping lower lvls lvl quicker so they can contribute to the team, but people have a different mindset it cant be helped

Miyoko
Oct 19, 2006, 03:28 AM
Oh, I never said I wasn't one for helping out low-levels. I guide them through their missions if they desprately need it, but I don't do the work for them. They're not going to be very adept teamates if they don't actually try their job untill LV25.

There's a difference between "helping" and "Doing someone elses work".

Nani-chan
Oct 19, 2006, 03:31 AM
There is a "Edit Comment" selection for the leader of the pt right before he starts a mission. Maybe if we spread the word, then the pt leader can edit comments like 15-20 onry prease.

This would make people clear on whether a party is hardcore or not.

There, problem solved. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-10-19 01:31 ]</font>

Kakashi_Xero
Oct 19, 2006, 03:47 AM
well yeah im for helping and not doing someone elses work , unless there a close friend and what not , but on the other hand thats where you insert constructive critisizim but not be rude about it or try not to be rude about it

jarek99
Oct 19, 2006, 04:04 AM
Listening to one person call another a noob during a freakin beta is priceless.

Kakashi_Xero
Oct 19, 2006, 04:06 AM
hehe yep ^_^

Nayte
Oct 19, 2006, 06:17 AM
You're right on the monthly fee part. Look at Maple Story. The fact that its free and that you have nothing to lose (except your character) leads more people to think that they can just do what they want.

Callous
Oct 19, 2006, 06:28 AM
On 2006-10-19 02:04, jarek99 wrote:
Listening to one person call another a noob during a freakin beta is priceless.

I couldn't agree more, but I'd go so far as to call it pathetic.

In fact, unless it is someone clearly making a joke, any player using the word "noob" sends up a huge red flag for me, a crystal clear warning that here's someone I almost certainly don't want to play with.

PSO has always been a game where people help each other out. At least the good people do. I join your party of level 25s with my level 5, I know what I'm doing, I stay low and I get some quick XP. Next month, one of those people have started a new character, mine is now much higher level and I gladly return the favour. What goes around comes around. I can't count how many times I have helped and been helped through a couple of TTF runs to help level a character a bit.

Now, obviously there are situations where it just doesn't work. Like you're at a point where you simply cannot take down the end boss without a full party of able bodied characters, or the low level character literally dies every 5 seconds ruining the flow and fun for the rest of the group, but those situations don't really come up that often.

Unfortunately, PSU and its class level ranking system seems like it will make it a lot more difficult to be a good samaritan without it affecting your own progression in the game. But hey, now and then, take a breather and help out the little guys. You're going to be one of them soon enough. Even if you choose not to do so, at least don't be an asshole about it. Lock your games or clearly state what you're after in the party description. And if by some chance you still end up in a situation where you feel it necessary to ask someone to leave, be civil about it.

Those are my recommendations, anyway. Some would call it common sense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2006-10-19 04:32 ]</font>

Shye
Oct 19, 2006, 06:28 AM
Ok, I think some of you might have misinterpreted my initial post a little.

I wasn't complaining so much about getting booted, or being made fun of... it was more a commentary on other people's attitudes and actions. I wasn't trying to invoke pity.

As has been mentioned, going into a higher level game is an easy way to get xp and that was one of the reasons I wanted to join. Another is, even at level 6 I was doing that level without any problems by myself. However, playing by yourself gets a little boring so I was going to help.

I in no way expected the rest of the team to cater to me or shield me. If I could get through that level by myself without getting hit I have even less chance of getting hit with five other people around.

My point was, I would have been a valuable member of the party considering I could do nearly as much damage as they, and I also had healing spells, but none of them would even give me a chance. It wasn't so much "boo hoo for me" considering I went right back through and did it all by myself anyway, it was the fact that they not only didn't bother giving someone they didn't know a chance... but ridiculed them as well.

I'm much more thick skinned than to be offended by it personally, I posted what I did because obviously there are some people out there that don't realize it might be beneficial to see what a person can do before being a jerk about it.

I'm just trying to spread a little open-mindedness.

Shye
Oct 19, 2006, 06:32 AM
Lock your games or clearly state what you're after in the party description. And if by some chance you still end up in a situation where you feel it necessary to ask someone to leave, be civil about it.

That's what I was trying to say with my post. Not "waaaah, I got made fun of!"

Sammy
Oct 19, 2006, 06:37 AM
Ah~, Shye. I'd like to be a part of your party when the game comes out. >.< I was level 15 and I had such a horrible time soloing that thing. After many deaths I've finally got it's attack pattern down and beat it, but the fact you beat it at level 6 makes me want to kidnap you.

McLaughlin
Oct 19, 2006, 06:40 AM
XD

If anyone wants to level, my Cast is 21, and I'd be more than willing to help out. I could synthesise some weapons too (assuming they don't fail like yesterday -_-').

Magician
Oct 19, 2006, 06:43 AM

Even if I was level 6.

Just sad.

I'm a level 10 Beast force, I'll party up anytime with you.

Shye
Oct 19, 2006, 06:43 AM
After you know the pattern it's pretty hard to get hit. I'm sure now that you know it, with force damage, you could do it without a problem. See? Kidnapping unnecessary. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Shye
Oct 19, 2006, 06:46 AM
On 2006-10-19 04:40, Zeta wrote:
If anyone wants to level, my Cast is 21, and I'd be more than willing to help out. I could synthesise some weapons too (assuming they don't fail like yesterday -_-').

I wasn't even really joining the party to level... I just wanted something more challenging and to play with other people. :/

Although, your offers are welcome and appreciated. Now why can't more people be understanding like that? >.>

Kent
Oct 19, 2006, 06:47 AM
...Or just use some common sense, and join a group of people closer to your level. Whichever.

Odds are, if someone made a game, and other people are in it, they're after EXP, and want all of the party's members to pitch in, and don't want anybody leeching (leeching EXP being, just plain rude, in basically all online games like this). This is probably what set them off, because they thought you'd be a liability to the mission ranking, and wouldn't really help out that much.

However, it's all fine and dandy that you can kill the dragon yourself, and they were wrong for 'laughing' you out of the game, but to say that their concerns of "a level 6" in their party potentially affecting their ranking are not legitimate concerns, is also just as wrong.

Sammy
Oct 19, 2006, 07:01 AM
On 2006-10-19 04:43, Shye wrote:
After you know the pattern it's pretty hard to get hit. I'm sure now that you know it, with force damage, you could do it without a problem. See? Kidnapping unnecessary. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

No. I really want to take you home with me. I can't use techs as I was a hunter. Zeta what universe do you play on? I'm getting lonely.

Callous
Oct 19, 2006, 07:13 AM
Odds are, if someone made a game, and other people are in it, they're after EXP, and want all of the party's members to pitch in, and don't want anybody leeching (leeching EXP being, just plain rude, in basically all online games like this).
This isn't my experience with PSO at all. Throughout the years, my various friends and I have always welcomed any low level player and have taken pride in how good we were at leveling them as fast as possible. This is assuming they were good people, obviously. Many of those low level characters have since grown to be new friends who carried on the tradition.

I much prefer an atmosphere like that over one where hostility towards lower level characters rule.

But yeah, again, the class ranking system is going to make it more difficult.

Rurisho
Oct 19, 2006, 07:48 AM
I can't stand people who are so obsessed with powergaming in MMOs that they activ-ely shun or mock everyone else. I mean, why even bother playing? I had a great time last night with 3 guys in a party ranging from 2 - 12. Made some new friends and had a good laugh. Isn't that what online gaming's meant to be about?

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 07:50 AM
I just hate low levels who come into a game demanding rares or asking if he can have any hting usualy I tell them to leave or hand them a dragon slayer and tell them to shut up and gtfo

Decurae
Oct 19, 2006, 10:12 AM
I'm more of the "give the person a chance" kind of person. If the lower level isn't dying all the time, they're contributing, and the mission is going fine; I see no reason to boot a lower level character. A good low level character who knows what he/she is doing can be just as effective as a higher level character who may not be playing as hard as they could. If they're not doing so great, and their lack of help is noticed by other team members, I would rather politely ask them to leave, instead of booting them without a word. Everyone deserves a chance to show what they can do. And hey, who knows, they may have a higher level character and you may find yourself wanting to tag along as the "low level."

kirinano
Oct 19, 2006, 10:17 AM
On 2006-10-19 00:20, SpishackCola wrote:

Yet another post that made me smile today!

BlueInfinity
Oct 19, 2006, 10:28 AM
Everyone in the game has expectatoons and standards nobody has to lower theirs just because somebody else wants to "fit it" if their are people who don't want to join you because your low levled then cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlueInfinity on 2006-10-19 08:31 ]</font>

Mag_Launcher
Oct 19, 2006, 10:33 AM
I called it, I totally called this situation almost 2 weeks ago. Someone was gonna die, and someone would be like "YOU COST US S-RANK YOU NOOB!" and boo/kick out the person who died. I KNEW it was gonna happen.

Though, it was a little easier to jump in and just have fun in PSO, since you had no ranks to shoot for, and you could just jump into anyone's game and possibly hit it off, or just get yelled at.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2006-10-19 08:36 ]</font>

b3n
Oct 19, 2006, 10:50 AM

Even if I was level 6.

Your just saying this because your a noob who keeps getting kicked out of a squad by high leveled players. You should be making threads about how fast you can get owned.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 19, 2006, 10:55 AM
Your just saying this because your a noob who keeps getting kicked out of a squad by high leveled players. You should be making threads about how fast you can get owned.

Y'see, this is a prime example of the people we DON'T want populating PSU. GB2 Halo 2/Counter-Strike

Razorback
Oct 19, 2006, 10:56 AM
IT"S A BETA CALM DOWN, THESE PEOPLE PROBLEY DONT EVEN COME TO THIS SITE,

Yoiyami
Oct 19, 2006, 10:57 AM
Why in the world are some people blaming the system they're playing for the jerks they run into? People like that are everywhere, regardless of what system you're playing or where you live. How would that make any kind of difference? That's like saying you'd rather take the train because the bus usually has at least one PO'd passenger that gives you nasty looks. If you don't know how to handle it, then maybe you shouldn't be taking public transportation at all?

I'm sorry that happened to you, Shye. There are going to be a lot of elitists and anuses that are going to hound and whine about what rank they want to get, that much isn't a big surprise. But that won't matter much if you make your own party and let others join or party with some cool friends.
*kick*

Kyuu
Oct 19, 2006, 11:11 AM
Hate to play Devil's advocate here, but... it's not that unreasonable to want to play with people around your level. And I heavily disagree with anyone who claims that higher-leveled players have some obligation to power lower levels through their missions, or allow lower levels to tag along on missions that are too difficult for them and mooch experience and items. I'm not saying that's what went on in the OP's situation (if s/he could solo it, I'm guessing that particular mission is actually more around his/her level, and that the level 15s were just bastards who wanted to overpower a lower level mission with no effort and get the S-rank).

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 19, 2006, 11:42 AM

Even if I was level 6.

You win. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Drayma
Oct 19, 2006, 12:30 PM
Well there are certain things you can count on in life, death, taxes and "Mom!, bathroom, bathroom! ><".

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 19, 2006, 12:33 PM
On 2006-10-19 10:30, Drayma wrote:
Well there are certain things you can count on in life, death, taxes and "Mom!, bathroom, bathroom! ><".

I can swear I've heard that before....wheres it from? >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2006-10-19 10:42 ]</font>

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 19, 2006, 12:41 PM

Even if I was level 6.

Welcome to free online games/open beta's, home of the purest of internet trash, you will not meet NEARLY as many of those type of people once this game goes live and is 9$ a month, i can GAURANTEE that.

Dont let the morons in the free open beta make you think the community will suck when the game goes gold

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-10-19 10:43 ]</font>

Drayma
Oct 19, 2006, 12:46 PM
WoW southpark episode. You can see it on Youtube.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 19, 2006, 12:53 PM
On 2006-10-19 10:46, Drayma wrote:
WoW southpark episode. You can see it on Youtube.

thats it, I have seen it, knew I'd heard that recently.

EDIT: whoops, I think thats enough off topicness for me (not a real word)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2006-10-19 10:54 ]</font>

Ryudo
Oct 19, 2006, 01:45 PM

your your

xD leet level 15 beasts you

McLaughlin
Oct 19, 2006, 02:23 PM
On 2006-10-19 08:50, b3n wrote:

Even if I was level 6.

You shouldn't be allowed to post. Why don't you go have another beer and kill off that final brain cell. I'm sure it's lonely up there in that thick head of yours.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-10-19 12:23 ]</font>

Draugar
Oct 19, 2006, 02:36 PM
Having to wait until November 24th for PSU (Damn EU Release *Shakes fist*) I'm basing this purely on my PSO experiences and comments of other users, so this is purely my understanding and opinion

I have mixed feelings on the subject

I can understand the point of view of the higher levels, they wouldn't necessarily want a person 9 levels their junior possibly come into to a game to influence an S-Rank attempt they had been working on, But they should have specified this as you entered and asked politely to leave, not been ass-hats about it, But as a lower level character I would have assumed that people of a similar level would be willing to help someone progress (as long as they didn't instantly leech, steal, bitch, piss and moan or ask for rares all in caps) After all, we have all been at that level once and a helping hand can make all the difference.

The best part of PSO was jumping in at level 60 to Ult Ruins with a group of my buddies for a power levelling sesh, but I also used to take my 100+ ranger levelling the new characters, occasionally you would get someone in purely bugging me for rares but they would get bored after they elicited no response.

No-one should feel obligated to help or be helped someone of a junior or senior level, but wouldn't it be a nicer place if we did?

Now, where’s the tea and political discussion?

Callous
Oct 19, 2006, 04:28 PM
On 2006-10-19 12:36, Draugar wrote:No-one should feel obligated to help or be helped someone of a junior or senior level, but wouldn't it be a nicer place if we did?
My point exactly.

-BK-
Oct 19, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-10-18 21:52, fcukReality wrote:
its xbox 360 ... your bound to run into more scrubs and 13 year olds on ego trips, than decent people ...

You're likely to find it on all the systems, it's not just limited to the 360. Like Aaron777 said, you also saw it in WoW which isn't on any consoles. Seriously people, immaturity isn't limited.

b3n
Oct 19, 2006, 05:12 PM
You guys are noobs. My level is gona be at least double that of those who criticize me.

-BK-
Oct 19, 2006, 05:22 PM
On 2006-10-19 15:12, b3n wrote:
You guys are noobs. My level is gona be at least double that of those who criticize me.

Penis envy?

Yoiyami
Oct 19, 2006, 05:25 PM
On 2006-10-19 15:22, -BK- wrote:

Penis envy?

He's threatening to grow his e-peen twice as big as ours.

Phantasy Star Universe, intranet viagra.

Sev
Oct 19, 2006, 05:27 PM
Ya know... I'm randomly hearing the "Death Star" theme playing outside my window from the local high school band... Either that or I've just lost my mind.

Anyway... Umm... I stick by what I said earlier. On the Beta, there were just alotta people that didn't know how to play period. It probably would be a better idea to either start a game or to stick with people around your level though. It's not that it's because you could be a burden, but more to the point that people around your level won't even begin to give you that amount of grief. Still, it really would be nice if everyone could just play together without worries.

I normally lock my games if I wanna solo. And like said earlier... If they don't want certain levels in the group, use the edit button to specify that. If they can't do that much, they shouldn't complain about who joins there party.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 19, 2006, 05:31 PM
I wouldn't judge a person by what level they are. For all you know the person could be an experienced player that starting a new character. I will only judge their skill, their attitude and their willingness to help the team out as best as the can. Anyone "greatly" lacking in these 3 things I won't feel bad for booting.

Notice I said "greatly", because I don't expect every single person to have the same skill as me. So I'll always give someone a chance before I send them back to Oz(lol). I don't want to be too mean, but I don't want to be too nice either. That's my 2 cents.

vitius137
Oct 19, 2006, 06:23 PM
I seem to be extremely lucky. In MMOs I always go about my own business the way everyone does occasionally partying with others and I never get and bad treatment towards me, even if I accidentally KS on maple story (MAPLE STORY! THE FLAME GAME!!!!!!!) I never get scammed even if it would be extremely easy for the other person, I constantly get praised by party members when im doing good and if I steal kills by accident people forgive me without a fuss. Random people ask to hang out online and sometimes help me out with quests ect.

I have basically had a trouble free online experience in every online game I have played. So today a question arose. What am I doing wrong? XP

Seriously, I often hear people complain about 13 year olds or noobs or other problematic people but I have yet to experience that (ok, maybe once or twice on maple story). I consider myself ETREMELY lucky..... or am I just that likable?

Has anyone else found that they find way more nice people than bad people in games?

EDID: lol, spelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vitius137 on 2006-10-19 16:24 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 19, 2006, 06:24 PM

Just because you invest twice as much time in the game as I do doesn't mean you aren't an idiot.

Roguearthur
Oct 19, 2006, 06:25 PM

Even if I was level 6.

please tell me how you killed a level 20 dragon at level 6.. its impossible i cant even solo it im 13, well maybe if i had lots and lots of potions and was really carful.

b3n
Oct 19, 2006, 06:28 PM
On 2006-10-19 16:24, Zeta wrote:

Just because you invest twice as much time in the game as I do doesn't mean you aren't an idiot.

Ill play half the time you do, ill just be 10 times as good.

McLaughlin
Oct 19, 2006, 06:30 PM
Ahahahaahahhahhahhahhhahahahahaaaahhaha.

Oh, oh boy! That's rich!

Stop that!, I'm gonna have a heart attack!

Hahahahhahhahhahhahahahaaahhahahahahahahahahaaha.

Sammy
Oct 19, 2006, 06:34 PM
On 2006-10-19 16:25, Roguearthur wrote:

please tell me how you killed a level 20 dragon at level 6.. its impossible i cant even solo it im 13, well maybe if i had lots and lots of potions and was really carful.

Plus s/he only used 2 monomates. Incredible isn't it?

Garroway
Oct 19, 2006, 06:42 PM
Just ignore him Zeta. I honestly no longer believe that you can educate the willfuly stupid.

I disagree with the statement that most people are friendly and helpful. Saddly, experiences show that the vast majority of the population (in general, not the gamer population) are selfish, scared, and stupid. We will unfortunately have to wade through the vast cesspools of human garbage in search of other like minded individuals.

Yoiyami
Oct 19, 2006, 06:48 PM
On 2006-10-19 16:42, Garroway wrote:
Just ignore him Zeta. I honestly no longer believe that you can educate the willfuly stupid.

I disagree with the statement that most people are friendly and helpful. Saddly, experiences show that the vast majority of the population (in general, not the gamer population) are selfish, scared, and stupid. We will unfortunately have to wade through the vast cesspools of human garbage in search of other like minded individuals.

....-___-;

I think people like that just stand out a lot more than the decent people, making it look like there're more of them. That's what my experiences show, at least.

Garroway
Oct 19, 2006, 06:52 PM
I wish with all of my heart that you were correct...

Katrina
Oct 19, 2006, 06:53 PM
A lot of ppl that be-little others are often masking their own insecurities. Just like in school, usually you see these types of ppl hanging together, ripping on other ppl for the sake of making themselves feel accepted by their moronic comrades that feel the same way. Needy.

McLaughlin
Oct 19, 2006, 06:55 PM
Aye aye Garroway.

Aye aye.

DizzyDi
Oct 19, 2006, 06:56 PM
On 2006-10-19 16:53, Pixiesugar wrote:
A lot of ppl that be-little others are often masking their own insecurities. Just like in school, usually you see these types of ppl hanging together, ripping on other ppl for the sake of making themselves feel accepted by their moronic comrades that feel the same way. Needy.

Or its just fun.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif