PDA

View Full Version : Are Force characters going to be like PSO?

sscaff1
Oct 18, 2006, 11:39 PM
Are they going to suck at high levels when you compare them to a HUcast or something? Or, are the classes actually going to be balance now?

wraith5k
Oct 18, 2006, 11:43 PM
yes.

Nani-chan
Oct 18, 2006, 11:45 PM
I must have played a different game then you. 30 buff techs were really useful, and should be even more useful now considering there is now 6 people parties. Also there is more types of buffs like helping beast hunters with ata with zodial.

Then with enemies with high def, nukes would often hit hard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-10-18 21:46 ]</font>

-Break-
Oct 18, 2006, 11:46 PM
The only real answer to such a question is: Maybe.

sscaff1
Oct 18, 2006, 11:47 PM
I realize buffs in PSO for the DC/GC (I played both from day one) were incredibly useful but lets face it a HUcast could outdamage a FO any day of the week.

wraith5k
Oct 18, 2006, 11:50 PM
On 2006-10-18 21:46, -Break- wrote:
The only real answer to such a question is: Maybe.

Is it? I think it's 42.

EJ
Oct 18, 2006, 11:59 PM
unlike pso the tech in psu do way more damage than physical attacks and I thnk forces are way more powerful in PSU than the hunters are especially a force with lvl 30 techs

Garnet_Moon
Oct 19, 2006, 12:02 AM
Who cares how much damage the HUcast did on Dark Falz? Who was the person one-shotting an entire line of mobs with one Megid? Me. >:3

zakuman
Oct 19, 2006, 12:06 AM
Everything seems more balanced in PSU. So I think characters will have their pluses in different ways. A force can dish a lot of damage with one spell. But a hunter can dish out a crazy combo. Both doing a similar amount of damage.

Time will tell though... which one is truely stronger. Even if the hunters are stronger, you can't deny the usefulness of a force.

BlueInfinity
Oct 19, 2006, 12:25 AM
forces mabe weak compared to other classes but at least they can give any class a run for their money. Plus the new lv 30 debuffs seem more like curses than they do skills.

FenixStryk
Oct 19, 2006, 01:00 AM
Forces are actually better than they were in PSO, since magic is Force-only now. However, whose to say whether they trump Hunters at this point? We barely started!

Drown
Oct 19, 2006, 01:05 AM
A Force's usefulness is more than merely damage. Buffs, debuffs, healing, all are options that become available to Forces. If you intend to just do damage, you're probably better off taking hunter or something.

Mikaga
Oct 19, 2006, 02:19 AM
Still, the OP has a point.

The useful spells (read: the Heal and Support lines) were freely castable by any non-Force non-Android. Resta still healed everyone to full health, Anti still cured all statuses, Reverser still revived, Ryuker still made a portal. Sure, Shifta and Deband were a little weaker, but the fact that you've got a Hunter casting the tech instead of a Force means greater party damage output anyway.

The attack techs just blew. I gather they got a little better in Blue Burst, but seriously. They just blew. Level 30 Grants with maximum MST against a Normal Rag Rappy did some miserable ~600 damage. Any Hunter could do more than that to most monsters in VHard with the first hit of a 3-hit combo.

Not to mention the Force's dire weaponry selection (slashers being the only multi-hitters) and atrocious armour selection (like 40% of the armour in v1 and v2 was "Hunters and Rangers only.")

In Phantasy Star Universe, exclusivity to Resta, Anti (Reverser?), Reverser (Giresta?) and the buff/debuff spells will be a dramatic increase in the value of Forces, and it seems for once their squishiness will be fairly compensated by their ability to make enemies equally squishy.

I don't know what I feel about end-game. I believe it would be unfair for Forces to deal significantly less damage than Hunters, but there are two suitable reasons why Hunters should still deal at least a little more damage overall:

(1) Hunters' special attacks cost PP now, so the Force's "But our attacks are limited!" argument is gone.
(2) They're friggin' Hunters. They don't get to muck about with healing, resurrection and stats. Their job is to deal lots and lots of damage.

Killuminati
Oct 19, 2006, 02:50 AM
I don't know what game you were playing but forces were just as powerful as hus if not more if you ask me. A force could wipe out a whole room in seconds it would take a hu awhile to do it as they can only attack one at a time.

Zato-2TWO
Oct 19, 2006, 04:05 AM
I always felt Hunters were underpowered in PSO. My HUney always partied with a RAmarl and FOmarl, and not only is every boss except the Dragon and Vol Opt part II non-Hunter-friendly, the RAmarl and FOmarl would clear every mob before my poor HUney could even touch them. A Rafoie here, a Frozen Shooter there, a Grants here, a Yasminkov 9000V there...the Hunter just could not compete against the sheer destructive power of Rafoie-spam and high powered guns! And what happens when I finally brandish my BKB +80 on the lucky foe who escaped Rafoie/Grants/Yasminkov7000R wrath? MISSMISSMISSMISS *HUney gets whacked* RAFOIEDOOM. Normally between me and the RAmarl, it's Frozen Shoot!->BKB!->Whackwhackwhack!->BLEH!, but with the FOmarl in our party my job went straight to hell!

The fact that Hunters get crazy awesome moves in PSU should at the very LEAST compensate for their inability to grab kills in time before the bloody Rangers and Forces do. If you ask me, Forces were already powerful enough in PSO. They still should be just as powerful in PSU, but this time with the new spell targeting system the Hunters should at LEAST have a chance to get their hits in.

sscaff1
Oct 19, 2006, 06:57 AM
I didn't know that Force now have exclusive rights to Resta and stuff. That makes them so much more appealing. I mean to be honest I am going to create a hunter - I just like all the different weapons I can use - and most likely a beast hunter because I don't know I got my HUcast to level 150 in the DC game (Force was a little higher which is why I was complaining) and I think I'd get sick of another HUCast. Plus I like the Nanoblast. The only thing is by the time I stopped playing the DC version I was almost always playing my hunter because of massive difference in damage outputs when I compared it to my Force character. And since Humans and other classes could heal just as well as me I just found it pointless to play my force. I just didn't want the same thing to happen here.