PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Things that leave me wondering

Grr
Oct 19, 2006, 02:07 AM
Hi all , brand new to the forums but old school PSO player (since DC , and then later on xbox)
and i had a few issues i needed data on because they have been bugging me since i left the beta.
i deleted my beta monday to wait for the final game but a few quesitons i am unable to answer without help.

First off , that data is concerning those who have played quite a bit into ranger. I picked cast and made it to LVL 5 ranger (25 character level) before i put beta aside.

my setup was
two (ice) 2000 Mez GMR Blasters(used those a ton so i carried two)
a set of the 9250 (or round about) board double pistols with dual fire i synthed
a shotgun (ice PA)
a 2000 Mez Saber (GMR , PA EQed) with 2000 Mez (ice) mechgun (also GMR)
and a 2000 Mez GMR spear for when i completely ran out of bullets (happened several times , because i soloed the B ranks as soon as they opened for me , and went back to recharge after every block or so)

now as you can see , i used the ice element ALOT. To tell the truth, incasing any enemy in ice (esp. flying/charging types to help melees) was too darn handy to pass up.

i did notice a slight sink in my damage to ice based enemies (the large barta casting ones in the fall colored forest) and since they are paired with fire type enemies (burrowing flowers) the damage difference is really noticable side to side when compared to my twin burn double handguns (the handguns still won damage wise on any mob because they were two teirs ahead of any other weapon, but looking at how the shots were both affected by defense i may go with more Adv. rifles over handguns in the actual game because i tend to play a few levels higher than i should and need all the def piercing i can get)

however,
now while i did notice the element bonus plays a small part (only 20-30 points at 25 but i can see a much larger scale later), the chance to freeze won over the chance to burn ALOT. now my question is , since i had no fire/ice comparisons of the same weapons , whould a fire bullets PA give a higher % ATP bonus as the PA bullet leveld ? it whould seem to make sense given PSO history with fire being the strong pure damage element.

if the question is worded akwardly think about basic foie V barta. foie hits harder (and has burn chance) but barta has chance to freeze.

so whould that mean a lvl 30 fire bullet whould hit harder than a lvl 30 ice bullet ?

the test data whould be easy enough to collect ( buy another 2000 GRM rifle and level fire bullet to match ice) but alas , as stated , i am minus one beta.

EDIT :answered. thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif and yeah, sticking mostly with ice element.

frozen monster > 5% ATP

---------------------------------------------

Another question that came while palying is about the SUV blast. I obtained both the hegel and grom blast , and from what i saw , the grom, while more pricy , is far superior to the hegel IMO. while that makes since (more Mez spent = better (in shop)) is there any instance where they wide wide spread of the hegel beats out the moderately wide spread of the grom ? the grom seems so much more useful , hitting multiple targets for severals times if your aim is right.

to see how i use the grom theres a room in the sleeping warriors quest that has six jumping enemies in a triangle formation and when they are killed they spawn a large (two target zones) enemy and four more jumpers. if you are behind the large one facing the way it faces when it spawns , you can wipe that entire wave no problem and (maybe) leave an alive but serverly injured large enemy. only beefs i have with that is that room is usally in block 3 , not giving me time to recharge blast for mini boss.

---------------------------------------------

And on last just becuase deep in the back of everyones mind is the distubing thought that eventually everyone will have Lolibots following them into batlle.

iI noticed most foods I feed (not items(monomate/etc) actual food type units) my bot gives +2 range -1striking (or something similar) what do these status actually effect ? will it be the PM bots stats in battle once it can join you or will , along with raising its level , rasing its range alot make it able to synth guns more easily ? this is more a guess than a question. (you bet im waiting on 3 star luck for major syths. sure i may be able to make a character , but that character will not have a leveled PM (T.T))

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grr on 2006-10-19 02:29 ]</font>

Nani-chan
Oct 19, 2006, 02:13 AM
In the ranger thread it was stated that fire/earth have a +5% atp over ice/lightning.

edit: Use whatever SUV you prefer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-10-19 00:55 ]</font>

Grr
Oct 19, 2006, 02:15 AM
quick and precise. as a certain chef whould say. BAM.
i have a few more questions so ill section them off and go from there. no use creating a new topic everytime i have a question. but ill be sure to do somemore digging in the ranger topic before i ask O.O ( i did do a quick fruitless search before posting)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grr on 2006-10-19 00:19 ]</font>

Mazoku
Oct 19, 2006, 10:12 AM
iI noticed most foods I feed (not items(monomate/etc) actual food type units) my bot gives +2 range -1striking (or something similar) what do these status actually effect ? will it be the PM bots stats in battle once it can join you or will , along with raising its level , rasing its range alot make it able to synth guns more easily ?

Your PM questions should be answered here:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=121714&forum=20

Basically, the stats do not effect the way the PM fights. Having a high range stat will give you a higher chance of synthing guns successfully.

Grr
Oct 19, 2006, 03:44 PM
so it looks like ill be feeding my PM lots of berries >.>