PDA

View Full Version : PSU VS. FFXI. A lecture. Part 1.

wraith5k
Oct 19, 2006, 03:22 AM
(Disclaimer: If you have a short attention span, no sense or sarcasm, are a spy for the French, please just go to the bottom of this very, very, long and totally serious post. You have been warned.)

As a former (But still oh so satisfied!) player of the platinum selling ubergame of the cosmos (not WoW but the other only mmo in existance) FFXI, I feel it is my civic right, and solemn duty to defend it's honor from the slanderous sayings being thrown about by some misinformed halfwits on the internets today. "This game is just(/kinda/not really but I'm comparing it to it anyway) like FFXI!

Ah, but only in a better world comrade. A better world neither you nor myself could ever possibly fathom living in.

In this article I plan to hopefully once and for all show you the light! That this horribly made, atrociously produced piece of asian fecal matter is in NO WAY like the godsend to all gamers that is FFXI. Let's start shall we?

To begin with, the firt thing you should do when you start either game, is make a character! What does PSU have to offer.

Humans - Wow, the one thing they got right. Only bedcause they are in every other game ever made. Way to go sega, you didn't fuck up your standard well rounded class.

Newmans - Ooooh, humans with pointy ears. (They are called elves for the record sega.) They cast magic better. Don't see those anywhere else.

Casts - Robots in an MMO? Nice try being original sega, but you don't see robots in other mmo's because EVERYONE ELSE KNOWS THAT THEY ARE GIMPY PIECES OF SHIT. They belong in armored core, virtual on, and japanese elementry school playgrounds. Not here. You know what other MMO had robots in it? RF fucking Online. Have any of you readers heard of that game? HELLZ NO you haven't. Because it is the fucking worst game to ever come from the east. Except for this one. Still better than PSU (but that's another article). (/sarcasm. Those SUV weaps are fucking badass though, glad I'm gonna be a cast [sarcasm])

Beasts - Finally you have your beastmen. I sort of orginal concept that sega did a horrible job bringing over. Seriously, anyone who played FFXI (a good game) know that beastmen are for exping ON not exping WITH And what is up with those ghey ass ears? How come that Lionel guy from the story mode had kick ass fuzzy ears but when I actually get to play a beast (heaven forbid I have to play this game after I preordered it) I have two fucking furby's attached to my head? Only redeeming factor, highest ATP and nanoblasts. (Seriously, those ears fucking suck bozhangles.)

That brings us to the options you have to options you have to customize thise mundane and uninspired characters! You have intirely too many! I want to play the game! Damn my looking apart from people! My name ~XvxsixsixsixSePhIrOtHsixsixsixxvX~ is more than enough to tell me apart from the crowd. (even those in this game you get to have the same name as someone, and that is just WRONG)

But I digress, as it is time to try and explain to you just how much better FFXI's races are. A relatively unimportant difference, but a difference nonetheless, that must be pointed out. The following mystical and exotic characters populate the servers of FFXI.

Humes - Ah your good ol' familiar Human characters. Perfect for players who would like to experience all the different jobs with out being bad at any, and with the right gear excel at all! The hume models are all excellently designed, and stand out from humans from other games! One (2?) of the models is a bald white guy, with a goti. but hold on to your hats! He has a tatoo running down the middle of his head. Sheer genious on square/enix's part! Oh and the chicks are hawt too.

Elvaan - Totally original race. Elves came from Elvaan, but lost their long, graceful (did I mention long. They are pretty fucking long. No joke.) necks through de-evolution from not being awesome enough. But the originality doesn't end there!! Elvaan actually excel in melee combat and should shy away from magic! (well the WHM's are okay.) This is opposite from any game ever made. ever *sigh* how I miss my Elvaan DRK though even when at lvl 50 hit about 1/4 as much as a lvl 1. (when fighting the appropite lvl mob of course silly goose!)

Galka - Ah one of the most original races ever thought of! Why you may ask? (well, other than the fact can't even begin describing exactly what a galka is supposed to look like) You can't choose your sex! And why should you? No from for women if your gonna hve the highest HP of all races! Reproduction? A-sexual of course! (but it's just a game don't worry about it) They are the biggest class so naturally the most suitable for tanking. (common sense) PSU is void of tanks. Because it is nothing like FFXI.

Mithra - Ah what another wonderful and never seen before race! (Not to be confused with the catgirls of...well everything but FFXI) Because now you have to be a female to be a balanced melee class! But that's okay because some guys like to be women anyway (who doesn't? they have boobs) Tell me that isn't fucking ground breaking!. As kitties (with fully animated tails no less? why can't sega do that?) They are the most agile of all the races. (Kitties are natures ninja's. You dare defy my logic! Peasant!)

TaruTaru - Last, but certainly not least (Well...maybe.) The magical Tarutaru. Aren't they just the most cutesy-wutesy little guys you've ever seen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif! The Tarutaru, or called by some taru, have the highest magical ability of all the other races. By a lot. I mean a fuckload. If you play a taru as any other class but blm,whm,smn,rdm, blu(m), or brd (/whm) you are a fucking n00b. Who should be shot. But you still get almost as many class options as the pathetically limited PSU (once again another article).

And the character creation! The options for each race are the way PSU's should be. Blissfully limited and to the fucking point. Yes. Blissfully. You get to choose sex (3/5th's of the time) and hair. Each hair style has a set face and two robust colors! If you play you get half as many hair styles but double the colors! You may think that clothing otpions are limited initially, but just wait till you get out of your AF gear! Then you can say "I totally look different from all those lvl 65 and down n00bs." Totally worth the 3 zillion hours spent. If you disagree you have no work ethic. None! Go get a job! Like whm! Slacker!

All of us FF vet's know that individuality is something you earn(grind?) not something you create.

Okay, if you actually read that, I hope you had as much fun reading it as I did writing it. If two or three of you liked it I might try and write some more (comparing classes + gameplay at least) before the game comes out. The first post I wrote actually gave me a bunch of ideas http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I would've put this in the landfill, but who actually reads that shit?

Btw, this is fucking satire. If you skipped to the bottom and manage to see this before posting a flame...congrats.

Ether
Oct 19, 2006, 03:23 AM
Sigh

Nani-chan
Oct 19, 2006, 03:25 AM
We don't like Flame baiting in these parts.
The only baiting that's acceptable is Master.

Miyoko
Oct 19, 2006, 03:26 AM
On 2006-10-19 01:23, Ether wrote:
Sigh

afcakey
Oct 19, 2006, 03:36 AM
i liked the other one better.

Authenticate
Oct 19, 2006, 03:44 AM
TLDR QQ more and l2p

Jozon
Oct 19, 2006, 03:48 AM
whatever, call the ninja swans on him!

Kakashi_Xero
Oct 19, 2006, 03:54 AM
keep in mind its a sci fi future set mmo -_-' too many whiney people in the world

jarek99
Oct 19, 2006, 04:09 AM
i read like 4 sentences and decided this thread wasnt for me.

Zato-2TWO
Oct 19, 2006, 04:12 AM
Am I the only one who actually got a kick out of reading this? I was practically replacing everything FFXI with WoW in my head as I was reading and it got even MORE amusing.

Halcyon17
Oct 19, 2006, 04:13 AM
most pointless thread ever

Grr
Oct 19, 2006, 04:31 AM
Hammering your own arm. wtf. ? (o.O)/

oNijohso
Oct 19, 2006, 04:40 AM
As a player of FFXI and PSU I can say thats definitely spot on, good job. Ignore all the 'lol internet' short attention span users, some of us can actually read more than a back of a cereal box without thinking about 4chan.

Typhoeus
Oct 19, 2006, 04:50 AM
WTF, RMT (CAN I HAVE IT?) JP ONRY WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW HEY GUYZ PLZ HALP NEED OHAT PLZ XD ^_^ >.>; (BUY) KRAKEN KLUB 5000000000000GILZ PLZ. TELEPROT DEM (CAN I HAVE IT)!!111111111 DRG (NO THX) (GOOD BYE) NIDHOGG POP, ZOMG BOTS BOTS!!! LS DRAMA (DO *YOU* NEED IT?)

On 2006-10-19 01:22, wraith5k wrote:
Btw, this is fucking satire. If you skipped to the bottom and manage to see this before it's in the fresh kills landfill...congrats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-10-19 03:10 ]</font>

AnamanaAU
Oct 19, 2006, 04:51 AM
If you're going to flame PSU so much, then why are you posting here? Hate how limited it is? Don't buy it. Trolling in here and comparing games does not make you look intelligent, no matter how good your grammar and spelling.

Zato-2TWO
Oct 19, 2006, 04:53 AM
OH MY GOD GUYS THERE'S A DISCLAIMER FOR A REASON. =O

Raiyez
Oct 19, 2006, 05:05 AM
[Hmmm.] I love FFXI with a passion, but trying to put down psu's originallity is retarded. If I was Goro from Mortal Kombat, I'd give you four thumbs way down.

Zato-2TWO
Oct 19, 2006, 05:06 AM
*sigh* I think this board is not ready for satire. =|

AC9breaker
Oct 19, 2006, 05:14 AM
tldr

Grr
Oct 19, 2006, 05:16 AM
HA.

sorry i gets my chuckles from the old school.

My thumbs up to Raiyez.

RamenEater
Oct 19, 2006, 06:06 AM
Btw, this is fucking satire. If you skipped to the bottom and manage to see this before posting a flame...congrats.

OMGZ YOU ARE NOOBLETS!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RamenEater on 2006-10-19 04:07 ]</font>

Nayte
Oct 19, 2006, 06:09 AM
"WTF, you didnt sub NIN? GTFO my TP burn Party!"

Heh, funny thread.

Jaleigha
Oct 19, 2006, 06:36 AM
I never played FFXI but my son I'm sure will enjoy reading it. BTW, he's already canceled his FFXI acct and we are impatiently waiting for PSU.

Great post.

Starshape
Oct 19, 2006, 06:38 AM
I just tried to read... after 10 lines I couldn't take it anymore.. it's not that I have a short attentionspan.. you just write really boring!

Raiyez
Oct 19, 2006, 06:40 AM
Mother and son MMOing together... beautiful... /tear

Rhyv
Oct 19, 2006, 06:47 AM
well.... umm.... ehh.... i... hmmmm

i have no idea wat to say except ffxi and psu are 2 completely different mmos

Arcanum
Oct 19, 2006, 06:55 AM
PSU> FFXI
Too many problems in FFXI and the game is broken. The community is retarded as hell, I mean... just look at you?

FFXI was fun.. but it lost it's edge about 3 years ago... when the BETA ended.

PJ
Oct 19, 2006, 07:01 AM
Congrats Wrath5k

You've brought the illiterate PSOW members to 1 topic XD

Sammy
Oct 19, 2006, 07:04 AM
Ahaha. Is the disclaimer actually that easy to miss?

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 07:05 AM
wow that realy wasn't nessisary...... thank you for wasting our time... now pls die.

cobfab
Oct 19, 2006, 07:10 AM
On 2006-10-19 04:47, Rhyv wrote:
well.... umm.... ehh.... i... hmmmm

i have no idea wat to say except ffxi and psu are 2 completely different mmos

lol He wasn't doing any thinking before he made this thread and wasted 1 hr typing those boring sentences.

Feelmirath
Oct 19, 2006, 07:19 AM
lol, I quite enjoyed that. I enjoyed the brainless reactions some people made, too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Rurisho
Oct 19, 2006, 07:23 AM
I played both. Would it have killed sega to put tails on the beast race? I like tails >.>
Seriously though, the one thing that is oh so refreshing after playing FF isthe character creation. As in you can actually DO it =P

As for this post, it's just amusing satire. No need to freak out. Now if there was some way to combine the two games... *drool*

Miphesto
Oct 19, 2006, 07:27 AM
it's either wow or this....i wouldnt even consider playing ffxi.......i LOVED ff7 and ff8...but everything else from the ff series has pretty much been horseshit...as well as ffxi

Fleece
Oct 19, 2006, 07:30 AM
God When push comes to shove the morons REALLY come out the woodwork.

GUYS HE SAID IT WAS SATIRE FFS!!!!

I.E. He was taking the fucking piss, but to be fair i think we should just laugh at the people who THOUGHT he was serious LMAO.

_Deliverance_
Oct 19, 2006, 07:34 AM
Seriously guys, if you don't have to wait for 2-3 hours until a bard is around for exp party, then you don't belong in MMO's.

In PSU, getting online and going straight out to earn a respectable amount of currency or experience points is TOO EASY! You kids don't know the meaning of hard work. Hell, you can just find cool rare items in a box at RANDOM. Try earning your gear. Hell, try patiently dedicating yourself to hunting Ullikimi for 5 hours each night. We FFXI players know the true meaning of fun!

Miphesto
Oct 19, 2006, 07:39 AM
that's the problem with MMOs today....i dont have 5 hours a night, i work 14 hours a day 5 days a week...

Fleece
Oct 19, 2006, 07:40 AM
I dont play a GAME for it to be hardwork To be fair, i play it to enjoy it, not stand around with 1 guy i know and 3 other people trying to make idle chit chat while we try and get a WHM near our level. Its fucking stupid, i got over level 25 once on FF by solo-ing because everyone else was a twat. Then I quit.

Carlo210
Oct 19, 2006, 07:41 AM
XD

zemog
Oct 19, 2006, 07:41 AM
I appreciated this for a few reasons:

One, I played FFXI and could not get myself past lvl 30 DRG because I was sick of fighting crabs for hundreds of hours... I hate that game (and WoW) and can't wait for PSU.

Two, I like reading something on here game related which makes me laugh. The only negative criticism I have is I find there is too much profanity. I swear every other word, but for some reason don't feel comfortable reading it in boards.

Three, I'm also entertained by those who STILL take the time to post a response when they either blatently did not read a word of the post or simply didn't understand it's overall meaning, or admit to reading only a few lines and then think the thread is pointless. That's cute.

Personally, I think it is far from pointless... I'd love to spend hours bashing FFXI and WoW on here because I know many others feel the same way about those games. I'll gladly read someone else's efforts to do so. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Realmz
Oct 19, 2006, 07:44 AM
On 2006-10-19 05:27, Miphesto wrote:
it's either wow or this....i wouldnt even consider playing ffxi.......i LOVED ff7 and ff8...but everything else from the ff series has pretty much been horseshit...as well as ffxi

you kidding? ff7 and ff8 are both horseshit.

on anoher note, well played my friend well played.

now we know who does and who doesn't had reading disorders

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 07:48 AM
On 2006-10-19 05:34, _Deliverance_ wrote:
Seriously guys, if you don't have to wait for 2-3 hours until a bard is around for exp party, then you don't belong in MMO's.

In PSU, getting online and going straight out to earn a respectable amount of currency or experience points is TOO EASY! You kids don't know the meaning of hard work. Hell, you can just find cool rare items in a box at RANDOM. Try earning your gear. Hell, try patiently dedicating yourself to hunting Ullikimi for 5 hours each night. We FFXI players know the true meaning of fun!

I play games to escape work not to work even harder. And thats the diffrence between a casual mmo. Not once do I ever remeber FF11 being fun... it felt like work all the damn time and not once did I ever WoW was fun in end game. I rather noit waste my entire night not having fun looking for a rare. PSO was the only MMO I ever palyed that was fun. I played PSO to come off of WoW after a raid.

Fleece
Oct 19, 2006, 07:53 AM
On 2006-10-19 05:48, Genobee wrote:

I play games to escape work not to work even harder. And thats the diffrence between a casual mmo. Not once do I ever remeber FF11 being fun... it felt like work all the damn time!

Quoted for truth.

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 07:57 AM
On 2006-10-19 05:53, Fleece wrote:

On 2006-10-19 05:48, Genobee wrote:

I play games to escape work not to work even harder. And thats the diffrence between a casual mmo. Not once do I ever remeber FF11 being fun... it felt like work all the damn time!

Quoted for truth.

yea for me if felt like a raid all the time, like I could go anywhere with out 5 people.

Also when you swtich classes...... it was like "hey know all that shit you just did to get here? Yea go do it again"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-10-19 05:58 ]</font>

Nilot
Oct 19, 2006, 08:02 AM
I've been playing FFXI for three years, and it's a good game, to an extent... Compared to FFXI, a lot of people on PSU aren't going to deny other people just because of their job, so theres no pressure by the majority, which shouldn't even be on an online game, sheesh. And, despite the number of areas in FFXI, players are only "able" to play in a few areas, then return to them at higher levels, and you can't be a ranged fighter, or melee without Ninja subbed =( its rediculous, and thats just LOOKING for groups... The big big linkshells are run like offices with really big-ego leaders =( I dunno what happens to people on that game, but it seems that when someone gets really obsessed into it, its not a game for them anymore and actually just a seperate imaginary occupation, stressful and pressuring. Good thing I quit =P lolz

February
Oct 19, 2006, 08:07 AM
On 2006-10-19 03:06, Zato-2TWO wrote:

Man, seriously. Either that, or people here don't know what Satire means.

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 08:08 AM
On 2006-10-19 06:07, heavenly6 wrote:

On 2006-10-19 03:06, Zato-2TWO wrote:

Man, seriously. Either that, or people here don't know what Satire means.

Satire is an Unhappy Wheel right?

Saikyn
Oct 19, 2006, 08:09 AM
With all do respect, your article was quite retarded.

If you want an honest comparison of FFXI vs. PSU from someone who has played FFXI for 4 years and done everything there is to do in the game...

FFXI is for people who can handle having slim to no life if you want to excell at it and be the very best. But what accomplishment is that when every fucking event takes 18-64 people to do, not to mention FFXI doesn't pay the bills or get your real lif friends in it's ending years. Also, if you leave an EXP party or something comes up where you need to turn the game off, you screw over 5 other people who wanted to exp all day like nerd. and yes, if you play FFXI you are a nerd, I turned into one after leveling multiple jobs to 75 over years). Some people can balance their playing time with real life quite well, but non-the-less they spend an exorbent amount of time doing stupid retarded shit that is NOT by any means fun. Don't get me wrong, I love FFXi....but the games too much for any casual player to get in to, it just requires too much time and causes so many people a great amount of aggrivation. Sitting around for 3 hours to "possibly" claim an HNM *Notorius Monser* then MABY getting its drop is in my opinion, something that was a retarded move by SE.

PSU- a much more laid back MMO which allows people to pick it up and play it and drop it at any moment without pissing off 5 other people. My review of PSU is coming from PSO, i played it a shitload. And I know I might be somewhat wrong with this review as I havent' played it yet, however from what i DO know. Is PSU won't cause people nearly as much aggrivation as FFXI ever did because it isn't a nearly as demanding MMO and it's probably alot more FUN of a game.

But again, your comparison of FFXI to PSU was utterly stupid. All you do is compare the races, not the gameplay. I states all the negative things I could think of in 2 minutes about FFXI because you failed to do so, all you did was bash PSU, a game which you probably haven't even played yet. So fuck off buddy^_^

Fleece
Oct 19, 2006, 08:09 AM
OMG I TINK I SAWZ SATIRE WUNCE ON T3H TELOVISIAN!!!!

February
Oct 19, 2006, 08:10 AM
On 2006-10-19 06:08, Genobee wrote:

Satire is an Unhappy Wheel right?

Yeah that's it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Nilot
Oct 19, 2006, 08:11 AM
^ too much to quote

I agree =P he said elves were an original race =( nuh uh....

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 08:16 AM
On 2006-10-19 06:09, Fleece wrote:
OMG I TINK I SAWZ SATIRE WUNCE ON T3H TELOVISIAN!!!!

ZOMG MEH TOOZ, NARUTO SAID IT!

February
Oct 19, 2006, 08:19 AM
Good Naruto, you look kind of cool

_Deliverance_
Oct 19, 2006, 08:39 AM
On 2006-10-19 06:09, Saikyn wrote:

If you want an honest comparison of FFXI vs. PSU from someone who has played FFXI for 4 years and done everything there is to do in the game...

FFXI is for people who can handle having slim to no life if you want to excell at it and be the very best. But what accomplishment is that when every fucking event takes 18-64 people to do, not to mention FFXI doesn't pay the bills or get your real lif friends in it's ending years. Also, if you leave an EXP party or something comes up where you need to turn the game off, you screw over 5 other people who wanted to exp all day like nerd. and yes, if you play FFXI you are a nerd, I turned into one after leveling multiple jobs to 75 over years). Some people can balance their playing time with real life quite well, but non-the-less they spend an exorbent amount of time doing stupid retarded shit that is NOT by any means fun. Don't get me wrong, I love FFXi....but the games too much for any casual player to get in to, it just requires too much time and causes so many people a great amount of aggrivation. Sitting around for 3 hours to "possibly" claim an HNM *Notorius Monser* then MABY getting its drop is in my opinion, something that was a retarded move by SE.

PSU- a much more laid back MMO which allows people to pick it up and play it and drop it at any moment without pissing off 5 other people. My review of PSU is coming from PSO, i played it a shitload. And I know I might be somewhat wrong with this review as I havent' played it yet, however from what i DO know. Is PSU won't cause people nearly as much aggrivation as FFXI ever did because it isn't a nearly as demanding MMO and it's probably alot more FUN of a game.

But again, your comparison of FFXI to PSU was utterly stupid. All you do is compare the races, not the gameplay. I states all the negative things I could think of in 2 minutes about FFXI because you failed to do so, all you did was bash PSU, a game which you probably haven't even played yet. So fuck off buddy^_^

Although you're right about ffxi, you're still a fucking moron for not READING HIS POST FULLY, AND UNDERSTANDING THAT IT IS A JOKE POST!!!

Feelmirath
Oct 19, 2006, 09:10 AM
Every time somebody misreads this thread, my hope for the human race slowly depletes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

wraith5k
Oct 19, 2006, 01:12 PM
Zato-2TWo
oNijohso
Typhoeus
RamenEater
Nayte
Jaleigha
PJ (maybe?)
Sammy
Feelmirath
Rurisho
Fleece
_Deliverance_
zemog
Carlo210
Heavenly6
Nilot.

Thanks for the support, next one is dedicated to you guys! Whenever I write it.

kirinano
Oct 19, 2006, 03:21 PM
It's amazing how many people didn't get that this was a joke topic.

What ever happened to Reading Is Fundamental?

Typhoeus
Oct 19, 2006, 04:38 PM
On 2006-10-19 11:12, wraith5k wrote:
Zato-2TWo
oNijohso
Typhoeus
RamenEater
Nayte
Jaleigha
PJ (maybe?)
Sammy
Feelmirath
Rurisho
Fleece
_Deliverance_
zemog
Carlo210
Heavenly6
Nilot.

Thanks for the support, next one is dedicated to you guys! Whenever I write it.

Sweet!!!!!!1 So you *did* see my post about this going to the Fresh Kills Landfill??? Man I am sooooo glad you read disclaimers.

Saikyn
Oct 19, 2006, 10:01 PM
On 2006-10-19 06:39, _Deliverance_ wrote:

On 2006-10-19 06:09, Saikyn wrote:

Although you're right about ffxi, you're still a fucking moron for not READING HIS POST FULLY, AND UNDERSTANDING THAT IT IS A JOKE POST!!!

do believe in that paragraph i said in the "two minutes I've had to reply to the short bit i read" in there somwhere. anyway, i was on pain killers while reading this, guess that didn't help LAWLZ yeah im a stupid fucktard ^______________^

DizzyDi
Oct 19, 2006, 10:27 PM
sure are.

MaximusLight
Oct 19, 2006, 11:10 PM
Wow someone did a satire..... but really it just sounded like flaming.... even taken comically. And you know it really helps when you work your way into it and NOT swearing every second word though.....

Other than that I say good effort! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Seriously though if you want it to get the right effect in the future though put it in FKL first, it really helps the mind set.

wraith5k
Oct 19, 2006, 11:53 PM
ewww......too late. Oh well it will be here shortly.