PDA

View Full Version : How is loot going to work?

sscaff1
Oct 19, 2006, 06:49 AM
I heard somewhere there are rules you can set as to how loot works so that every damn hunter isn't taking all the loot because they are right next to the enemy when he dies. I can't find anything in the beta though as to how this works.

Magician
Oct 19, 2006, 06:55 AM
Set the item distribution to Random in Order.

That way everyone gets a piece.

You can find this at the menu just before you start a mission.

sscaff1
Oct 19, 2006, 06:59 AM
Thanks a lot. Is there a way to see what people set it to if I'm looking to join a random party just for experience? I'm playing a force character that's kinda why I'm so concerned.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sscaff1 on 2006-10-19 04:59 ]</font>

Magician
Oct 19, 2006, 07:01 AM
I always start my own missions and people just eventually join, so I've never noticed where to look for these settings when searching for a party, sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magician on 2006-10-19 05:01 ]</font>

Merumeru
Oct 19, 2006, 07:21 AM
XD oh i was so glad enabling that, because otherwise some people will not leave me or any other party members anything x.x

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 07:28 AM
On 2006-10-19 04:55, Magician wrote:

well that sounds like crap....

Rurisho
Oct 19, 2006, 07:29 AM
Haha, same here. Rangers get nothign when it comes to hanging back to shoot. "Oh what's that? That was YOUR meseta? To bad you weren't right next to it!!"

Thrash777
Oct 19, 2006, 07:46 AM
rofl, one of the perks of being a hunter eh? hehe

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 07:52 AM
I think loot should work as need before greed. Like if a sword drops the hunter get to roll on it first.

Magician
Oct 19, 2006, 08:02 AM
Too bad meseta isn't distributed evenly as well.

I hate first come, first served.

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 08:07 AM
Hell I wouldn't mind, you get what you kill either.

February
Oct 19, 2006, 08:09 AM
On 2006-10-19 05:52, Genobee wrote:
I think loot should work as need before greed. Like if a sword drops the hunter get to roll on it first.

That's how me and my friends played PSO. I use Daggers and Double Bladed wepons so all Daggers, Double Sabers went to me no matter who got them, and the same went for whatever wepons my friends wanted. Too bad that only works in tight groups of friends.

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 08:12 AM
On 2006-10-19 06:09, heavenly6 wrote:

On 2006-10-19 05:52, Genobee wrote:

That's how me and my friends played PSO. I use Daggers and Double Bladed wepons so all Daggers, Double Sabers went to me no matter who got them, and the same went for whatever wepons my friends wanted. Too bad that only works in tight groups of friends.

yea I used to do that too, but once we got decked out, who evere made the room usualy got to decide with wahter we found.

Nayte
Oct 19, 2006, 08:19 AM
The good thing is, that the controls used to attack and pick up loot are different now. So you're not forced to pick up something before you can even attack.

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 08:21 AM
On 2006-10-19 06:19, Nayte wrote:
The good thing is, that the controls used to attack and pick up loot are different now. So you're not forced to pick up something before you can even attack.

well neither where you in PSO just had to chage the keys around.

Nayte
Oct 19, 2006, 08:29 AM
True, i was just too lazy to do that.

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 08:31 AM
I ususaly just equiped the speacial attack on there. cause usualy it's not used alot.

Axel3792
Oct 19, 2006, 09:08 AM
On 2006-10-19 04:55, Magician wrote:

Can you explain this more in-depth?

Magician
Oct 19, 2006, 09:13 AM
I could explain it better if I had the game running in front of me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Um, enter the mission lobby (Space Station, Parum, where ever), select your mission. You'll see the menu choices of Start Mission, Abandon Mission, Set Password, etc. The item distribution options are right below set password. You can have rares and general items distributed "Default/Normal", "Random" or "Random in Order". Select random in order for rares, back out, then select random in order for general items.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magician on 2006-10-19 07:14 ]</font>

Axel3792
Oct 19, 2006, 09:16 AM
On 2006-10-19 07:13, Magician wrote:
I could do it better if I had the game running in front of me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Um, enter the mission lobby (Space Station, Parum, where ever), select your mission. You'll see the menu choices of Start Mission, Abandon Mission, Set Password, etc. The item distribution options are right below set password. You can have rares and general items distributed "Default/Normal", "Random" or "Random in Order". Select random in order for rare, back out, then select random in order for general items.

Actually, I meant is it a free-for-all like PSO, or is there anything special about this feature?

What exactly is the significance of this drop mode versus the others? Benefits? Cons?

Kyuu
Oct 19, 2006, 09:41 AM
We really need information about the looting systems to be put in PSUpedia, as we get this question asked way too often. Even using search, I can only find a few threads full of speculation and heresay, but nothing where anyone with any gameplay experience actually gave us a good rundown of the three looting options.

As far as I know, it's like this:

1) Finders-Keepers: PSO-style looting system, where it's first come first serve.
2) Random: Where any item that is picked up is randomly distributed to a party-member.
3) Ordered Random: Similar to plain Random, except I believe the game tries to more equally divide the loot, based on items' star values.

You can set seperate loot rules for "regular" items (those with a star value of 6 or less), and for "rares" (items with a star value of 7 or more). I'm not sure which category meseta is considered under, though my guess is it's the "regular" item loot rules. And yes, there has been a video that pretty much proved meseta is randomly distributed if the loot rules are set right.

Please correct anything I got wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-10-19 07:42 ]</font>

Axel3792
Oct 19, 2006, 09:54 AM
Wow. This "Random" thing might just work....

Thanks

Wild_Coyote
Oct 19, 2006, 04:01 PM
I'm looking for more detail on the two levels of loot and how both random and "in order" work.

First, I'm sort of assuming "in order" is like everyone taking turns, no matter who picks the item up, and random is just that, random assignment for each drop.

Does "in order" start the order with a random person, or always the party leader or similar?

I was thinking that items that got the scrolling text on the right for who got them used the second tier of the loot system, is that correct?

Thanks in advance!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wild_Coyote on 2006-10-19 14:05 ]</font>

Arcturus
Oct 19, 2006, 04:35 PM
On 2006-10-19 07:16, Axel3792 wrote:

On 2006-10-19 07:13, Magician wrote:
I could do it better if I had the game running in front of me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Um, enter the mission lobby (Space Station, Parum, where ever), select your mission. You'll see the menu choices of Start Mission, Abandon Mission, Set Password, etc. The item distribution options are right below set password. You can have rares and general items distributed "Default/Normal", "Random" or "Random in Order". Select random in order for rare, back out, then select random in order for general items.

Actually, I meant is it a free-for-all like PSO, or is there anything special about this feature?

What exactly is the significance of this drop mode versus the others? Benefits? Cons?

If using Random In Order, everyone gets an equal share of the drops, no matter who picked up what.

SpishackCola
Oct 19, 2006, 04:43 PM
The scrolling text on the right is when someone gets a 7-star or higher item. What I'd like to know is how people are skipping lower starred items in some of the videos. Is it just because their inventory is full? (Most of the skips I have seen have been restorative items)

NiteOwl
Oct 19, 2006, 04:55 PM
Yeah, you skip items if your inventory is full or your inventory is full for that particular item. As a Force, I end up running around with 20 monomates and 20 dimates all the time because we usually do random looting, so I skip a lot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SpishackCola
Oct 19, 2006, 05:10 PM
Ah thanks for the info http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DarkSeph
Oct 19, 2006, 06:46 PM
The problem with the items is you either have to grab what you can get or go, "eh" and shrug your shoulders while others take it all... I find the latter works the best when playing with random people online. Just play for the fun of it basically....that's what I do, and all that item stress just goes awayyyy. In my own teams we divide things up on a as need basis and as for Mega Rares usually we are all nice and share http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I actually only go for one good weapon myself and that is my Baby! hehe... Anything else I get I give away, it's not nice to be a greedy pirate. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wild_Coyote
Oct 19, 2006, 06:50 PM
On 2006-10-19 16:46, DarkSeph wrote:
The problem with the items is you either have to grab what you can get or go, "eh" and shrug your shoulders while others take it all...

Not anymore, just set the loot system to random...

Garroway
Oct 19, 2006, 06:58 PM
As the game evolves we will probably see a generaly accepted method of item and money distribution surface. In the meantime my suggestion is to just set the distrobution to random. That way if you are playing with a group of trusted friends, item distribution will be irrelevant, and if you're dealing with random strangers, a neutral 3rd party (ie the server) will be deciding on distrobution.

Clyde
Oct 19, 2006, 07:02 PM
While on the subject of drops, is there some way to give an item to someone in a group besides dropping it on the ground for the person to pick up. I say it because there is almost always someway who will try and swoop in and take it , even if its not for them.

It may not be a concern when your among friends, but how often will that happen =/

SpishackCola
Oct 19, 2006, 07:34 PM
I'm sure the trade menu will be returning from PSO. Anyone in the beta confirm this?

Diablohead
Oct 19, 2006, 07:37 PM
Trade is there, just walk up to someone so you highlight them and hit action. Not exactly hard, you do the same thing to party with people!