PDA

View Full Version : So uh, about Casts.

Ischyros
Oct 19, 2006, 09:55 AM
I guess it's safe to say that most of the community will be Cast Fortefighters/Fightgunner, yes?

Zabot
Oct 19, 2006, 09:59 AM
Ill be a cast FIgunner, i love the HP, and DEF of the cast, Mixed in with the speed and extremely decent power of the FIgunner. thats what ill be

Pengfishh
Oct 19, 2006, 10:05 AM
I've been considering a number of things for my Cast, but Fortefighter is the most likely route.

Mwabwetumba
Oct 19, 2006, 10:07 AM
I hope the races will balance eachother out as time passes..Ive never liked being part of the majority:S

Zabot
Oct 19, 2006, 10:07 AM
If i were you guys, i would chose ForteFighter for a beast, they have the greatest Atack Power, cast is sencond, but if you really want to hit the big nuimbers then be a Beast ForteFighter

hope this helps XD

Peace

Zabot
Oct 19, 2006, 10:08 AM
On 2006-10-19 08:07, Mwabwetumba wrote:
I hope the races will balance eachother out as time passes..Ive never liked being part of the majority:S

itll be more classes than races, but yea i know what your saying, i dont like conforming either

Mag_Launcher
Oct 19, 2006, 10:12 AM
But beasts have the absolute worst ATA, while casts have the highest, I dunno about you but the big numbers aren't gonna be worth much if you can hardly hit things with it.

xzeekzx
Oct 19, 2006, 10:14 AM
i think that there will be a pretty good mix considering how many people there are playing this game

Mazoku
Oct 19, 2006, 10:19 AM
I never liked casts in PSO, but they've changed so much since then. I used to be a HUnewearl fan, but theres no advantages to being one in PSU. Then I tried to make a cast, and they look so cool now. The humanoid faces really appeal to me.

So I'm going to be a cast figunner. I've always been a fan of the faster weapons. I'm hoping the fact that mine will be female will make me look a little different than most of the other casts.

kirinano
Oct 19, 2006, 10:22 AM
On 2006-10-19 08:12, Mag_Launcher wrote:
But beasts have the absolute worst ATA, while casts have the highest, I dunno about you but the big numbers aren't gonna be worth much if you can hardly hit things with it.

Um, I think newmen have the highest ATA, but yeah beasts do have the lowest.

I'm still planning to be a beast hunter. I will mostly use ATA-boosting units to make up the difference.

SephYuyX
Oct 19, 2006, 10:24 AM
I wonder when people realize it wont matter what race you pick.

Scirrocco
Oct 19, 2006, 10:26 AM
I was thinking about being a cast figunner, until i've seen how many there will be. Now i've been thinking of a beast Wartecher. I may just be the only one in existence.

kirinano
Oct 19, 2006, 10:34 AM
On 2006-10-19 08:26, Scirrocco wrote:
I was thinking about being a cast figunner, until i've seen how many there will be. Now i've been thinking of a beast Wartecher. I may just be the only one in existence.

One of the only TWO in existence!

I plan to have my beast - eventually - be good at fortefighter and wartecher so I can change jobs depending on what our team needs.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 19, 2006, 10:40 AM
Newmans were never known for having that great of accuracy, and most stats point to cast having most ATA. It makes perfect sense.

Kyuu
Oct 19, 2006, 10:40 AM
Casts have the highest ATA. Newman are second highest.

Beast ATA is low, yes, but it's quite far making you unable to hit anything. Ask anyone who's actually played a Beast.

I hope the races are a little more balanced in terms of population. I don't want to see 5 million Casts running around, much as I love their platinum-plated hearts.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 19, 2006, 10:47 AM
Well, I'm more inclined to use my main human than my ranger cast now, because my cast would be pretty stereotypical compared to others, at least with my human main I'll have a little bit of style and originality.

Mwabwetumba
Oct 19, 2006, 10:48 AM
I hope Mwabwetumbas style will be original as well..hopefully he will stand out from the crowd!

ABDUR101
Oct 19, 2006, 11:01 AM
Complaining about not wanting to 'conform' in terms of not being in the majority of a race in a videogame? People, you've only got so many choices, you're playing a game with set parameters, beleive it or not you're 'conforming' by just playing the damn game.

I've been an HUcast since my first character on DC PSO Vers1. The tradition has continued ever since, it's not going to change now. Why? Because I like casts, regardless of who else has one.

Fleece
Oct 19, 2006, 11:09 AM
Beast - Protranser

Scirrocco
Oct 19, 2006, 11:40 AM
On 2006-10-19 08:34, kirinano wrote:

One of the only TWO in existence!

I plan to have my beast - eventually - be good at fortefighter and wartecher so I can change jobs depending on what our team needs.

I'm going for more of a paldin thing. Mostly melee, but I can heal and buff. If only wartechers could use weapons with more then two technique slots, i might even be able to get some damage spells in there.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 19, 2006, 11:44 AM
On 2006-10-19 08:22, kirinano wrote:

Um, I think newmen have the highest ATA, but yeah beasts do have the lowest.

I'm still planning to be a beast hunter. I will mostly use ATA-boosting units to make up the difference.

Casts have highest ATA, check the stats.
My cast will be a guntecher or fortegunner, may make a cast force too

Zato-2TWO
Oct 19, 2006, 11:49 AM
Darn, and I was so bent on Cast Figunner too. It's not like I'm conforming to a trend or anything, but I played a power-machine HUney in PSO and the poor thing could barely hit anything, so I think I want a speed-machine hunter this time around.

Kyuu
Oct 19, 2006, 11:51 AM
On 2006-10-19 09:49, Zato-2TWO wrote:

Darn, and I was so bent on Cast Figunner too. It's not like I'm conforming to a trend or anything, but I played a power-machine HUney in PSO and the poor thing could barely hit anything, so I think I want a speed-machine hunter this time around.
Really? o_0 Odd, my Hunny had no problem meleeing even into Ultimate mode. 'Course, being able to spam Gifoie and cast level 20 shifta/deband/jellen/zalure did help.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 19, 2006, 11:56 AM
On 2006-10-19 09:56, grimstone wrote:
im gonna make a focast why the hell not its psu not wow or final fantasy.

yea I wanna do that too, it'd be kinda cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

grimstone
Oct 19, 2006, 11:56 AM

Ryoga4523
Oct 19, 2006, 12:04 PM
I want to make a newman ranger, how many of those do you think there will be??? And eventually turn him into a Figunner or Protranser

Zato-2TWO
Oct 19, 2006, 12:04 PM
On 2006-10-19 09:51, Kyuu wrote:

On 2006-10-19 09:49, Zato-2TWO wrote:

Really? o_0 Odd, my Hunny had no problem meleeing even into Ultimate mode. 'Course, being able to spam Gifoie and cast level 20 shifta/deband/jellen/zalure did help.

I wasn't very good at raising mags, the one I had was an Asparas with 107 POW or something and only 20 DEX, and my units consisted of nothing but two Ogre/Power++, one God/Power and one God/Battle. Granted, I was dealing damage WAY too high for my level (I'm level 93 and I'm outdamaging a level 117 RAmarl), it didn't help that I only hit 2-4/6ths of the time with my BKB against Ultimate Mines and Ruins enemies.

So I've decided on Figunner; not because it's the only way to double-saber victory or because a cast hunter HAS to be a Figunner, but because I've lived through the nightmare of not being able to hit anything =O.

Bast
Oct 19, 2006, 12:20 PM
On 2006-10-19 09:56, grimstone wrote:

Amen.

I just say be the class/race you want to be. Never mind if everyone and their mother wants to be that race/class. You're the one playing the game and you’d be the one who is going enjoy or not. Conforming would be that you want to be a Cast because everyone is a Cast. Conforming isn’t the fact you want to be a Cast because “wow, robots are cool!”

I for myself wanted to be a Beast before I found out which stats they specialized in. I'm torn between being a Beast Ranger or Beast Hunter.

Uh well, either which way I'm planning on enjoying myself.

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 19, 2006, 12:24 PM
human fortefighter. just like my humars in other installments. that is always my first char. habit... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Flamingo99
Oct 19, 2006, 12:28 PM
Cast Fortegunner.......... I like guns......

Scirrocco
Oct 19, 2006, 01:09 PM
On 2006-10-19 09:01, ABDUR101 wrote:
Complaining about not wanting to 'conform' in terms of not being in the majority of a race in a videogame? People, you've only got so many choices, you're playing a game with set parameters, beleive it or not you're 'conforming' by just playing the damn game.

I've been an HUcast since my first character on DC PSO Vers1. The tradition has continued ever since, it's not going to change now. Why? Because I like casts, regardless of who else has one.

Conforming has nothing to do with it. I want to bring something special to a team. If everyone on the teams a hunter or ranger or figunner, then another figunner won't make any difference.

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 19, 2006, 01:13 PM
regardless of what class you choose you'll go through that eventually. it can't be helped.

kirinano
Oct 19, 2006, 01:14 PM
On 2006-10-19 09:44, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

Casts have highest ATA, check the stats.

I stand corrected! You're right. According to PSUpedia Casts are an 'A' in ATA and Newmen are a 'B'.

I guess I've read so many posts about newmen hunters that say something like 'but they have great ata...' that I assumed their ata was even better than it really is.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my 'D' in ata. Should be... challenging... I guess.

Does this game have God/Arm?

chibiLegolas
Oct 19, 2006, 01:16 PM

True, but don't forget you could always team up with a support force to bring up your ata.
At least I heard that there was such a tech, it's just not released yet?

Anyways, I'm disapointed to hear that Guntecher's techs only go up to level 10. So I'm debating between Guntecher or Fortecher for my FOcaseal. I luv my support techs!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2006-10-19 11:38 ]</font>

MAXIMUM679
Oct 19, 2006, 01:16 PM
On 2006-10-19 08:34, kirinano wrote:

One of the only THREE in existence!

That's gonna be my first class also

wraith5k
Oct 19, 2006, 01:35 PM
I'll be playing a Cast Fortefighter.

I would've been a beast..but I just can't get over how bad those ears are.

If I don't look cool, I'm not having fun.

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 19, 2006, 01:37 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-10-19 13:18 ]</font>

xTATANTULAx
Oct 19, 2006, 01:54 PM
I'm going to have a male cast fortefighter and a female cast fortegunner

I like me some casts

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 19, 2006, 02:07 PM
On 2006-10-19 11:35, wraith5k wrote:

ears on the beasts, specificaly the males, seem to be turning alot of people away.

Sevenfold
Oct 19, 2006, 02:09 PM
Me personally, yes, Im going to be a cast. But from everything Iv seen, and the BILLIONS of different polls on the subject, I highly doubt that everyone will be a cast. In all versions thus far, there was always a good mix of races. Maybe except for the forces O_o

Scallop
Oct 19, 2006, 02:10 PM

QFT, I could care less is there is 10000 million casts. And this is just this forum, we dont know whats the most popular race is going to be until online time.

NightHour13
Oct 19, 2006, 02:16 PM
Ya know what I always loved about the PSO community? The people here were diverse and did things because it was damn fun. The people who were stat freaks and OCD found themselves burnt out after a few months cause PSO (and now PSU) just aint that type of boring game.

We all know that HuCasts in PSO were the strongest, yet there were not many compared to the abundance of humars and newmans. Why? Cause who the hell wanted to look like a cast back in the PSO days. They were so limited looking.

Any way, the point is that alot of the people here will choose what they want to have fun with. They will grow and be strong and have a great time in whatever class they want, not just what is the strongest.

kirinano
Oct 19, 2006, 02:16 PM
On 2006-10-19 12:07, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

On 2006-10-19 11:35, wraith5k wrote:

ears on the beasts, specificaly the males, seem to be turning alot of people away.

Hmm, maybe because the beast male ears seem to be larger than the ears on the beast girls?

I've been playing around with that website that lets you try out character creation a little and it seems like you can make really cute beast girls. Maybe its because if you pick the ears that sorta hang down most of the haircuts almost totally cover them up and you can't hardly see them. On the man beasts it seems harder to make the ears not stick out so much.

But its only a flash site. I guess I'll see when I get the game for real.

Aphael
Oct 19, 2006, 02:22 PM
On 2006-10-19 12:10, Scallop wrote:
QFT, I could care less is there is 10000 million casts. And this is just this forum, we dont know whats the most popular race is going to be until online time.

Exactly - I'm sure there are a lot of folks out there who will jump on the Newman boat for "Yay! Elves!", and people on the Beast boat for "Yay! Furries!" and then people on the Human boat who are just "Yay!". PSOworld is pretty varied, but most of the population are fans of the series and people who have at least been following PSU's developement. We're a very different crowd from, say, an otaku with DiGi Charat posters.

And remember, pretty soon we'll have folks from the EU version to roll with, so if the US servers to become stagnant with Casties, we can always run away and play with them.

I'm not a fan of just being a face in the crowd either, but I'm still making a Cast, and I'm still making her a Fortefighter or a Figunner. If you have a complex about not being special, just strive to be better than all the other people who are the same setup as you. And who knows, if the game's community really flowers, you might become something of a legend. On my server in XI (And I know how much everyone hates XI being brought up, but bear with me), there was a hume Ranger named Muteki. Hume Ranger, wow, how RARE. But EVERYONE knew who Muteki was. He had religions around him.

So yeah, the point is, if you feel like you're just a number, rise up and transcend the bounds of mere mortality!

Scirrocco
Oct 19, 2006, 02:22 PM
On 2006-10-19 11:13, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
regardless of what class you choose you'll go through that eventually. it can't be helped.

True, but you go through it a lot less often if you're not the most popular race class combination. I'm still going to make a cast figunner, i just don't think he'll be my main anymore.

kirinano
Oct 19, 2006, 02:24 PM
On 2006-10-19 12:22, Aphael wrote:
So yeah, the point is, if you feel like you're just a number, rise up and transcend the bounds of mere mortality!

That is so cool! I think I might make that my sig, if that's okay with you Aphael. I really like that.

Mwabwetumba
Oct 19, 2006, 02:25 PM
Well, I sure as h*ll wont budge from making Mwabwetumba a mighty HUcast, just because some hoo-haas(not you guys) decides to flood the place with casts..I decided for HUcast when I first heard about PSU, a little more than a year ago!

I must train hard and long, so my skill will make me stand out from the crowd`^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-10-19 12:25 ]</font>

Emrald
Oct 19, 2006, 02:26 PM
Meh, casts....I'm keeping my cast pure ranger.....My newman pure force....and my beast pure hunter....and i might have a human expert skill....what ever seems good for a human

Bast
Oct 19, 2006, 02:31 PM
On 2006-10-19 12:25, Mwabwetumba wrote:
Well, I sure as h*ll wont budge from making Mwabwetumba a mighty HUcast, just because some hoo-haas(not you guys) decides to flood the place with casts..I decided for HUcast when I first heard about PSU, a little more than a year ago!

I must train hard and long, so my skill will make me stand out from the crowd`^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-10-19 12:25 ]</font>

qft

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bast on 2006-10-19 12:32 ]</font>

adamgnome104
Oct 19, 2006, 02:37 PM
My first character is going to be a human until I get used to it, then I'm going to make a cast character like everyone else, haha.

Mwabwetumba
Oct 19, 2006, 02:42 PM
On 2006-10-19 12:37, adamgnome104 wrote:
..... then I'm going to make a cast character like everyone else, haha.

Shaddap:D

Draugar
Oct 19, 2006, 02:44 PM
I'm torn between Beats and Casts, hell, I might be greedy and have one of each http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Aphael
Oct 19, 2006, 02:47 PM
On 2006-10-19 12:24, kirinano wrote:

That is so cool! I think I might make that my sig, if that's okay with you Aphael. I really like that.

Sure, I would be honored <3

kirinano
Oct 19, 2006, 02:53 PM
On 2006-10-19 12:47, Aphael wrote:

On 2006-10-19 12:24, kirinano wrote:

Sure, I would be honored <3

Awesome. Thanks!

Section8
Oct 19, 2006, 02:56 PM
Dunno really what I'm gonna be. Just glad to be on PSO world again. making a nonsense first post.

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 19, 2006, 03:17 PM
Casts are just popular because female cast with suv's = kos mos, male cast ranger = mega man

What does newman represent? legolas? hes not anime, but elves will always be #1 to the kiddies

Beast?, not many in anime and they are never the main character, furries are not as popular as elf-tards (btw have fun with your clone cast/newman of everyone else, ill stand out with nice ears whill you are just another cast invisible to the naked eye"

Human? "zomg why bez human when u r 1 irl ROFLLOLOLZ"

-BK-
Oct 19, 2006, 03:18 PM

Agreed. My main will continue to be a cast hunter as well, they just continue to look so cool.

Scirrocco
Oct 19, 2006, 03:34 PM
On 2006-10-19 13:17, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:

What does newman represent? legolas?

Deedlit, any number of magical beings/fairys have elf ears in anime.

Beast?, not many in anime and they are never the main character,

Inuyasha. He's still fairly popular with the kiddies. And are you serious? You can't watch any anime with a catgirl popping up somewhere. I will complement ST for not putting cat ears as a selecteable trait, though (outside of the estee shop)

Human? "zomg why bez human when u r 1 irl ROFLLOLOLZ"

Sephiroth. You know you'll be seeing him again. Neo and Dante may be making appearences as well.

Zorafim
Oct 19, 2006, 04:47 PM
Numans (erm, newmen, whatever) aren't elves though. They're a mixture of monsters and humans, closer to cats if anything. They just have, um, pointy ears...