PDA

View Full Version : So.. why can't i equip my new S-rank Unit?

Ryo_Hayasa
Oct 19, 2006, 10:48 AM
Simple: I got a S-rank Unit from the Hive Extra mode stage (wow, when you prepare for a boss fight, the boss is really not that hard)

anyway, I got a S-rank, yet there's a big red X on the unit, i'm not sure if it's my armor, or my class, or even my race. How can i tell?

If it matters, i'm a newman ranger.

I'm know i might not be able to get the help i'm looking for but it's worth a try.

Yeah i checked around but no luck..

uhawww
Oct 19, 2006, 10:49 AM
Can you provide a screenshot, or name/type of unit?

Mag_Launcher
Oct 19, 2006, 10:50 AM
You cannot use units of higher rank than the armor you're currently wearing. Also, you have to make sure your armor has the particular slot the unit needs. You COULD be wearing an S-rank armor right now where the only missing slot is the one you need.

Kyuu
Oct 19, 2006, 10:55 AM
My guess: You either have armor with no Extra Unit Slot, or your armor itself isn't S-rank. Pretty sure you can't equip S-rank units in non S-rank armor, A-rank units in anything below A-rank armor, etc.

Ryo_Hayasa
Oct 19, 2006, 11:09 AM
That explains it, I'm using a A-rank armor. My A-rank has slots, then again, i still don't know what kinda slots it has. Unofrtunately i can't give a screen shot. I wish i could, but unfortunately i can't.

Ha...HAHAHA that means i need to make enough money to buy an S-rank armor when i use blew all my cash on a S-rank Rifle.
And i believe i only has one Slot. If someone could provide ME with screen shots and a quick explination of Armor/Slots that would be great.

Kyuu
Oct 19, 2006, 11:16 AM
There's not much to show... if you go through the information on an armor, it'll list what slots it has. Go to the shop, look at the S-rank armor, and see what slots are available on it.

There are 4 slot types, I believe:
Head Slot
Arm Slot
Body Slot
Extra Slot

An armor, as far as I know, can only have up to one of each type, and each type of slot has different units associated with it (Head Slot units generally affect TAP, MST, or casting in some way; Arm Slot units generally affect ATP or ATA; Body Units generally affect DFP; and Extra Slot units can have any number of different effects, from a simple STA increase to HP-regen to giving you big glowing white wings).

Ryoga4523
Oct 19, 2006, 11:54 AM
Any screens of the big glowing white wings???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoga4523 on 2006-10-19 09:54 ]</font>

MXdude
Oct 19, 2006, 12:29 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZugOdTlfMDc

^wings.