PDA

View Full Version : EXP Distribution on PSU

Beeach
Oct 19, 2006, 11:13 AM
I know every PSO game has distributed xp the same way forever, but I was wondering if there is anyway to share it all evenly. For Example, you're playing a force char and have to heal members and dont get a hit in on certain monsters (you get no xp). Or you don't get the last hit on a monster and you get about 80% of the xp the killer got. It's not really a big deal I just wanted to see how the rest of people reacted to this. It would make more sense if the WHOLE party got even xp. Just wondering what other's thoughts are on this.

Fleece
Oct 19, 2006, 11:14 AM
You earn your exp, no freeloaders in PSU.

Kjeldor
Oct 19, 2006, 11:14 AM
Im sure there be a fair even system.

Kjeldor
Oct 19, 2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah shes just saying like whoever hits the monster gets a chunk of the xp off of it.

Kyuu
Oct 19, 2006, 11:18 AM
It's the same as it was in PSO: tag an enemy by dealing damage to it or hitting it with a support spell, get partial experience (somewhere between 60% to 80%, can't remember the exact figure). Kill the monster, get the full experience.

Only difference is, doing zero damage to an enemy doesn't count as a tag anymore.

HC82
Oct 19, 2006, 11:25 AM
On 2006-10-19 09:13, Beeach wrote:
For Example, you're playing a force char and have to heal members and dont get a hit in on certain monsters (you get no xp). Or you don't get the last hit on a monster and you get about 80% of the xp the killer got. It's not really a big deal I just wanted to see how the rest of people reacted to this. It would make more sense if the WHOLE party got even xp. Just wondering what other's thoughts are on this.

Adjust your play style accordingly.

Sometimes it's best to bust out the cane/gun combo just to tag first with the gun, then do what needs to be done afterward with the cane, especially in easy areas where the HUs mop up too fast.

As for exp. It creates a driving force among the team to kill fast and hit everything. If you obtained exp for doing nothing, some players would do just that.... nothing or very little. Do I feel it's balanced? Not really. Some classes are going to come out with more exp per run overall, and different weapon styles are going to tag better than others. It's within the players ability to compensate for that and figure out the best way to maximize their exp gain without compromising their performance.

I do feel ST could of came up with a better exp sharing method IMO, that still instills the need for everyone to pull their own weight or suffer for it.

oronll
Oct 19, 2006, 11:25 AM
force can get EXP easy they have area attacks .. just run in throw out a few area attack spells .. then sit back and heal if you want

Beeach
Oct 19, 2006, 11:27 AM
I know guys. I asked for your thoughts not how it distributes xp, lol...

It's just if you have the choice to heal a player or tag an enemy to get the xp, well it kinda sux in that aspect.

As for freeloaders, kick them out of the party if they're not helping?

February
Oct 19, 2006, 11:27 AM
Projectile attacks FTW!

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 19, 2006, 11:32 AM
sucks for forces, guess I cant complain when they are too busy hitting everything to heal now.

Screenshot
Oct 19, 2006, 11:46 AM
No-one doesn't attack because of the difficulty, also you will want to be blasting techs nonstop because they take a ridiculous amount of time to level. PA attacks for the hunters take way too little time however, it's kind of unfair- and bullets take forever aswell. Hunters and rangers also get more exp, because they can keep laying hundred attacks on the enemies while us forces have to sit back and wait for the cast to finish. You have to also consider though, the fact that you may not hit all the enemies like you could with a force as a hunter as easily.

Pure-chan
Oct 19, 2006, 11:46 AM
On 2006-10-19 09:32, Silver_Wyrm wrote:
sucks for forces, guess I cant complain when they are too busy hitting everything to heal now.

Why would it suck for forces? You can tag everything at once with a debuff and get between ~60% and ~80% of the total exp possible from the room. Sounds like a pretty good payoff for supporting your team.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 19, 2006, 11:47 AM
On 2006-10-19 09:46, Pure-chan wrote:

On 2006-10-19 09:32, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

Why would it suck for forces? You can tag everything at once with a debuff and get between ~60% and ~80% of the total exp possible from the room. Sounds like a pretty good payoff for supporting your team.

I was thinking damage has to be done to tag, if this is the case, then thats great

Nayte
Oct 19, 2006, 11:56 AM
If a force uses an AoE attack/single target attack and kills the monster(s) before melee classes can even lay one hit then it wont really suck for them will it?

Pure-chan
Oct 19, 2006, 11:57 AM
On 2006-10-19 09:47, Silver_Wyrm wrote:
I was thinking damage has to be done to tag, if this is the case, then thats great

I think '0 damage' only pops up when your attack misses. Debuffs still count as a hit even though they don't do damage, from what I understand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-10-19 09:58 ]</font>

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 19, 2006, 11:58 AM
On 2006-10-19 09:56, Nayte wrote:
If a force uses an AoE attack/single target attack and kills the monster(s) before melee classes can even lay one hit then it wont really suck for them will it?

later levels enemies wont be dying in one hit, the lowest level/ranks aren't usually very good spots to draw points from

Nayte
Oct 19, 2006, 12:04 PM
I know that it wont be like that in later levels. but from what I've been reading about forces in the early levels, I can see this happening a lot.