PDA

View Full Version : Camera controls PC/360

myomer
Oct 19, 2006, 12:04 PM
Hey gang,

Those who've seen/played the retail (JP), is there a way to invert the y-axis on the contoller? I'm used to the "inverted mouse" setting on games like these and when I play a Ranger in the beta it throws me off. And I didn't see any settings on the options menu to change it.

Also, my wife hates the camera controls on the beta.... for the PC would it be more stable or have better camera controls (she gets dizzy with all the spinning)? I know lock-on with Hunters mitigates this somewhat but I was hoping in the PC there may be better camera handling. It's about the only thing that's keeping her from playing it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Damaged
Oct 19, 2006, 12:09 PM
I know you can invert it on the xbox360 beta version (atleast im 90% sure you can)

uhawww
Oct 19, 2006, 12:10 PM
Controller setup has to be done from the preliminary Launch menu (JP PC). In Options there, under controller setup, you can manually configure gamepads, including Y-axis inversion.

Wallin
Oct 25, 2006, 07:56 PM
On 2006-10-19 10:10, uhawww wrote:
Controller setup has to be done from the preliminary Launch menu (JP PC). In Options there, under controller setup, you can manually configure gamepads, including Y-axis inversion.

Uh, can you point out where exactly this is? In my Game Controller menu, under Camera Left/Right and Up/Down, there's no inversion option. My only choices are X, Y, Z axis, and X, Y, Z rotation - nothing about inversion at all.

myomer
Oct 25, 2006, 08:49 PM
It's not intuitive or has no description; but if you select one of those choices (Up/Down, or axis or whatever) a sub menu pops up where it'll say invert or something. At least in the 360 version it does this.

ssl118
Oct 27, 2006, 12:05 AM
I am also having a lot of trouble finding the invert y-axis option for PC

sonic_ray
Oct 27, 2006, 01:04 AM
The axis inversion option is available within the game in the options menu. You can adjust "camera follows char." (regular camera) and "first-person mode." Also, with first-person mode, with two analog sticks, the option set applies to the first stick, and the second stick is opposite. Weird, but true. From the pre-game menu, you can only set the controls, but not how they funcion. Now, if anyone could tell me what to do about the rumble feature for PC, I'd be ecstatic.