PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing a button or something? D:

Azurewrath
Oct 19, 2006, 12:42 PM
Hey, I got the Japanese version of PSU, and other then it getting mass slowdown in large battles, monsters get behind you, andwhen you try to turn, the camera goes the opposite way, and you get screwed up and run in a random direction. I know pressing "<-" Auto targets, but if the monsters behind you, you just start strafing around. you need to be hitting the target to auto target it, and by then, theres no point to.

My question is: Is there a quick way to turn around or something? You have to litterally run in a huge circle in order for your camera to keep up, and if you press "<-", which also points your camera in front of you, you start strafing, and lose your speed, which causes death. ;P

uhawww
Oct 19, 2006, 12:47 PM
Nope, you have to turn then recenter camera...
but you should be able to turn quickly anyways though, you aren't driving a car.
If you start strafing, you are holding the recenter button down too long...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-10-19 10:47 ]</font>

adamgnome104
Oct 19, 2006, 02:27 PM
You don't need to press and hold it, just press it once.

Azurewrath
Oct 19, 2006, 02:32 PM
Uhaww, Thats exactly how it is, its like im driving a car.. Maybe it just takes some getting used to D: Also, in the settings, it says in the graphics menu:

Textures
[Normal] [Compressed]

Motion Calculation
[_] CPU [_] Hardware

Post Effects
[_] On [_] Off

LOD
High Model [16]
Low Model [20]
Model Manifestation Buffer [12]

What do these mean? And What should I set them on so my game runs smoother (The low setting)?

Tystys
Oct 19, 2006, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that if you set it on the low setting, it should work a bit better.

Azurewrath
Oct 19, 2006, 02:35 PM
yeah, but what is the low setting? lol >< the ones on the left? Cause I'm guessing Post effects off = Low, errgh im confused with that D:

Azurewrath
Oct 19, 2006, 02:36 PM
Also, how do i heal my party members? lmao.

Kyuu
Oct 19, 2006, 02:40 PM
Textures
[Normal] [Compressed]This one determines if the textures used are compressed or uncompressed. Compressed textures are smaller and, therefore, are faster to load and draw, but generally don't look as good as uncompressed. If you want more performance, change it to Compressed. From what I've heard, the difference in quality is negligible.

Motion Calculation
[_] CPU [_] HardwareThis determines whether the calculations for movement of characters/objects/whatever else are done by the CPU or the GPU. Unless you have a really strong CPU coupled with a horribly weak GPU (which is unlikely), leave it on Hardware.

Post Effects
[_] On [_] OffThis turns the glowy effects of PAs and weapons on and off. Weapons especially are much uglier with this turned off, but it does provide a noticable improvement in performance, most especially when there are lots of character throwing their weapons and PAs around.

LOD
High Model [16]
Low Model [20]
Model Manifestation Buffer [12]Basically, the lower these settings (for the first two at least), the quicker it'll run. I'm not 100% on exactly what these control (though my thoughts are the draw distances for detailed models and not-so-detailed models, respectively, for the first two. The third one is obviously a buffer to hold the models, but I'm not sure what effect on performance making it higher/lower might have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-10-19 12:43 ]</font>

uhawww
Oct 19, 2006, 02:44 PM
On 2006-10-19 12:40, Kyuu wrote:
I'm not 100% on exactly what these control (though my thoughts are the draw distances for detailed models and not-so-detailed models, respectively, for the first two. The third one is obviously a buffer to hold the models, but I'm not sure what effect on performance making it higher/lower might have.

You are exactly right.
These are purely for the model/draw distance relationship.
If you've got a lot of RAM, you can pump this up to prevent having a ton of grey characters on your screen most of the time.

Kyuu
Oct 19, 2006, 02:56 PM
Ah, thanks uhawww. So, if you've got a lot of RAM (1GB or more, I'd guess), you can turn up the draw distances (specifically, the High Model one) and buffer size to get rid of those grey placeholder character models. But, if you don't have enough RAM, the models will eat up too much of your memory and your performance will suffer.

What are the highest those settings will go?

Azurewrath
Oct 19, 2006, 04:09 PM
Thanks guys. How do i get new Photon Arts for a new weapon? ;x

uhawww
Oct 19, 2006, 04:19 PM
Buy 'em from weapons shop.
You use them like an item to learn the PA.
Then in the respective weapon menu, Link the Photon Art to the weapon.