PDA

View Full Version : How do you bind shortcuts to keyboard (Xbox360)

kpong
Oct 19, 2006, 01:38 PM
I was scouring the forums for the answer but couldnt find anything. It could be this terrible Microsoft wireless keyboard (700 or something) i bought JUST for this game or something. Is there a special thing i need to do to make the shortcuts work? I can type just fine. Anyone with the same problems?

Lorsavasus
Oct 19, 2006, 03:30 PM
I'm having the same problem, though I didn't find any explanation listed yet.

...eh, hopefully just a fault of the beta...?

FenixStryk
Oct 19, 2006, 04:14 PM
If you mean the F1 thru F12 quick messages, you can edit them in the Community section of the Pause menu.
Otherwise, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Mez_Psu
Oct 19, 2006, 04:26 PM
This looks like a decent topic to ask my noob question in..

How do you do Cut in Chat, where your characters portrait appears on the screen to say something on the 360. Is it a keyboard function? I've look through the guides and didn't see any info.

FenixStryk
Oct 19, 2006, 04:29 PM
On 2006-10-19 14:26, Mez_Psu wrote:

How do you do Cut in Chat, where your characters portrait appears on the screen to say something on the 360. Is it a keyboard function? I've look through the guides and didn't see any info.

Press RT(R2) while you're choosing the quick message/typing your message, and it should bring up the menu.

-BK-
Oct 19, 2006, 04:32 PM
On 2006-10-19 14:29, FenixStryk wrote:

On 2006-10-19 14:26, Mez_Psu wrote:

Press RT(R2) while you're choosing the quick message/typing your message, and it should bring up the menu.

Or shift+enter on a keyboard.

StanleyPain
Oct 19, 2006, 05:18 PM
The function keys (F1-12) used to work for the bound phrases, but don't seem to work in the beta. I'm assuming in the real version, everything you bind to the 12 pre-set phrases will also correspond to the F-keys on the keyboard. That's how it was in PSO.

Thing is, it's almost faster to use the d-pad with the new system now.

SandstormX
Oct 19, 2006, 06:18 PM
For cut-in-chat you can type @ and a number 1-9. Say you want the mad face and say something it would be @9 (insert phrase here) Also you can have the faces lookin different directions as well. You just add another number 1-5 if i remember correctly. So it would be @91 (insert phrase here)