PDA

View Full Version : Challenge mode in the future?

Scallop
Oct 19, 2006, 04:44 PM
This is one of the things they should add in the future (I hope they do). Challenge mode was very fun and challenging. You had to work with your teammates and communicate in order to win. Do you think there should be challenge mode for psu?

Aphael
Oct 19, 2006, 04:46 PM
C-mode, to this day, is in my top five most cherished memories of online gaming. Perhaps even number 1.

Ace, Emerald VRZ, if you're out there somewhere, I miss you both!

DarkShadowX
Oct 19, 2006, 04:48 PM
I'd really like to see C-Mode again, really great times back then.

uhawww
Oct 19, 2006, 04:48 PM
This would be a welcome addition...

Scrub
Oct 19, 2006, 04:51 PM
In actuality, every MISSION feels like challenge mode to me, with the need to be quick and not die at all in order to achieve a good ranking. It's sort of irritating.

Sev
Oct 19, 2006, 04:52 PM
Origionally I thought that ya know... Regular mode was closer to challenge mode in some ways... But I forgot the most important thing about C-Mode... It caps your level, and then times you and you can only use items you start with or find on the stage if I remember right. Not to mention the end reward.

So yeah, I would like to see it return actually, as long as you can still move weapons from character to character if you choose to.

Deus-Irae
Oct 19, 2006, 05:07 PM
id be dissapointed if there was no challenge mode somewhere in PSU.

but is there any indication that PSU has challenge mode allready included somehow (like allready included with PSU, but not available until its included through an update)?

i havent heard anything about it.

SpishackCola
Oct 19, 2006, 05:18 PM
C-mode was put in eventually for each PSO and always received a large player base that completed it. It would be a shame if ST didn't add it to PSU.

Callous
Oct 19, 2006, 06:12 PM
Sure, why not. Can't hurt to have options.

Kent
Oct 19, 2006, 06:17 PM
It does seem like some of the aspects of normal mission play were inspired by Challenge Mode... But I'd still really like to see it return, in its entirety.

Maybe we'll see it in that expansion.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 19, 2006, 06:17 PM
I loved C-Mode but it was hard enough on PSO... I can't even imagine the horrors of a speed run from level 1 through everything on PSU.

Pe-es-oh
Oct 19, 2006, 06:46 PM
I'd love to get some cool items from cmode again.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 19, 2006, 08:15 PM
"Chicken Sandwich" shoudla been "Rappy Sandwich" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Deus-Irae
Oct 19, 2006, 08:43 PM
On 2006-10-19 16:17, Kent wrote:
It does seem like some of the aspects of normal mission play were inspired by Challenge Mode... But I'd still really like to see it return, in its entirety.

Maybe we'll see it in that expansion.

i was just thinking the same thing. i hope we see it in one form or another, eventually.