PDA

View Full Version : making the best?

Razorback
Oct 19, 2006, 06:45 PM
i was trying to firgue out what would be the best weapon combo for making the bets beast hunter, but i couldnt what do you think would do the most damage?
i liked the rising strike saber with a handgun with fire blast. me and a friend liked that so would that be good for the party?(cause it worked IMO)

P.S. ill fix the question so it makes more sense, what weapons and phonton arts would you like to have on the hunter in your party?

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 19, 2006, 07:11 PM
choose what you think looks cool and stick with it. and I don't care what photon arts another hunter in my party has, he can have whatever PAs he wants.

Blackwaltz-R
Oct 19, 2006, 07:15 PM
The best is what you feel comfortable with, this is not something anyone can answer for you.

Katrina
Oct 19, 2006, 07:23 PM
It doesn't matter to me what weapon the hunter in my party uses. As long as he/she actually uses the weapon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif , and doesn't just run around spamming the victory pose mumbling "oooo, lookie... glowy..."

P.S. If you catch me doing this... feel free to boot me... Victory pose FTW! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sevenfold
Oct 19, 2006, 07:25 PM
Theres always going to be those who feel they have to have the best and most powerful.

Alexandrious1
Oct 19, 2006, 07:29 PM
On 2006-10-19 17:25, Sevenfold wrote:
Theres always going to be those who feel they have to have the best and most powerful.

And yet wont mean squat if you dont have the skills and knowledge to even wield that power. =3

Musashy
Oct 19, 2006, 07:30 PM
Lol isnt that human nature........We always have to be great and can never settle for just good. We demand perfection and want to be the best so everyone strives to be level 200 with the rarest most powerfull weapons.

Sanjiro
Oct 19, 2006, 07:36 PM
On 2006-10-19 17:30, Musashy wrote:
Lol isnt that human nature........We always have to be great and can never settle for just good. We demand perfection and want to be the best so everyone strives to be level 200 with the rarest most powerfull weapons.

I agree

Typhoeus
Oct 19, 2006, 07:44 PM
Doing the most damage depends on the mobs, what kind of mobs, the number of mobs, whether your solo or in a group, and so on. It depends on what weapons and resources you have available, and so many factors that it would be impossible to just answer you easily. Once you start playing often, you'll understand how to get the big numbers. A good start is elemental weapons imho.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-10-19 17:45 ]</font>

Blackwaltz-R
Oct 19, 2006, 08:36 PM
Its a noobish mentality to go around wondering what the "best" setup in a game is when the whole point would be just to play and enjoy yourself, not to strive for optimization. Just playing the game will give you a feel for a game and you will develope your own personal sense of optimization. No one plays the game the same way so what one eprson might consider the "best" setup may clash with your own personal style whcih may be the best for you than someone elses insight. asking for tips would be mroe prudent than asking for a clear-cut method of optimization. Many of us have played plenty of games with noobs sporting the "best" setups and still sucking mad donkey sack (Monster Hunter noobs being the biggest example).

Xeraphim
Oct 19, 2006, 08:57 PM
Mhm. The best results come from someone who just knows how to play the damn game. Instead, you mostly get people who only play cookie-cutter combinations but have no grasp of basics when it comes to the game. They end up sucking hardcore compared to those who play to suit their own styles. To everyone, do not play to please others. Play to please yourself; you'll get much better results that way.