PDA

View Full Version : Look ma! I am MSNing in class!

navci
Oct 19, 2006, 07:02 PM
I guess I honestly don't understand what's hip nowadays.
Well everyone in class have laptops, like, a variety of nice large laptops that cost a lot. They use those in class to take notes.
That's all nice and good.
Most of the time they also surf the net and get on MSN during the lecture.
Well, what people do with their mommy and daddy's money is really not my concern, of course. I don't really give a damn.

I start to get agitated when they start chatting with each other. Oh you know, like whispering with each other about today's sports news, their sex life, what did their boyfriend/girlfriend do, fashion, diet... you know. They maybe whispering, but a couple people whispering next to you gets VERY distracting. Have I mention cellphones? Honestly, how difficult is it for you to turn off the phone, or set it to silent when you're in a class? In every class there is at least 2 instances that some cellphones start to ring. One time it was of some really offensive music too. Why bother going to school/class when all you're doing really is move your computer at home to school, doing the same thing that you were doing at home. Again, I don't care, not my money that you're wasting. But really, keep it down, keep it elsewhere and let the people who wanna learn, learn!

It's kinda funny too, the guy sitting in front of me was writing to the professor about appealing for more marks in his mid-term. Well! If all you do in class is MSNing and looking at facebook (something like myspace), you really can't blame anyone for low marks now can you?

Ya. Shut up. Turn off that bloody cellphone. SHHHHH

Azraelscross
Oct 19, 2006, 11:45 PM
i agree. i just learned to shut it out when i actually listened in class though. at least when i did nothing at all i was quiet about it.hehe heres hoping to get back in in 2007.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Azraelscross on 2006-10-19 21:46 ]</font>

Leviathan
Oct 20, 2006, 03:20 PM
Navci, I totally understand what you mean. My school gave every kid there a laptop. <<were high schoolers so thes basically giving a monkey a loaded gun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif >>

Although the school can block of sites, some well hell ALOT of kids at the school have a proxy and Firefox, with AIM and all the fixings, so they can pass through the schools surveillance. <<they watch us through a big screen.>>

So if they are caught with it, the Campus techs take the computer away then, make the kids pay to get it back, but they also had to delete every program in there too. <<re~imaged>>

Well... that still doesn't stop them, because they keep downloading it again.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif Thats one vicioue cycle!

watashiwa
Oct 22, 2006, 08:40 PM
I just feel I need to come clean about something...

I'm the one who placed those tissues in your library...

Shadowpawn
Oct 22, 2006, 11:11 PM
On 2006-10-22 18:40, watashiwa wrote:
I just feel I need to come clean about something...

I'm the one who placed those tissues in your library...

How very disturbing...yet homoerotic...

Er, um...damn those kids and their AIM accounts? Seriously, what can you do...people gossip.

MaximusLight
Oct 23, 2006, 01:47 AM
I agree, SHUT UP USELESS TALKERS!?!

Skuda
Oct 23, 2006, 02:54 AM
wow.

that's pretty bad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

there is MSN going on in my classes, but that only seems to happen during work periods. And when it does, it's pretty light.

:/

navci
Oct 23, 2006, 10:10 PM
On 2006-10-22 21:11, Shadowpawn wrote:

Er, um...damn those kids and their AIM accounts? Seriously, what can you do...people gossip.

I don't mind them AIM/MSN whatever. I mind it when they start to talk in class, and hence makes it hard for others who are trying to listen to what the dude is saying.

Shadowpawn
Oct 23, 2006, 11:15 PM
Over AIM, clicky clacks make it hard to hear? I mean, I can understand of it's 10 people typing at 50 wpm. Under those conditions you might as well be at a horse derby. (Please don't tell me THAT many people are doing it at once.)

navci
Oct 23, 2006, 11:32 PM
On 2006-10-23 21:15, Shadowpawn wrote:
Over AIM, clicky clacks make it hard to hear? I mean, I can understand of it's 10 people typing at 50 wpm. Under those conditions you might as well be at a horse derby. (Please don't tell me THAT many people are doing it at once.)

This is in class. They are PHYSICALLY TALKING while MSNing, what is so hard to understand? Or you don't understand the concept of people actually using their voice to talk anymore since you internet so much? lololololz

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navci on 2006-10-23 21:33 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Oct 23, 2006, 11:44 PM
Whoa, calm down. Put the tiger back in the cage plz kthanx, I appreantly skipped over that in your rant. So they're basically talking while the professor is teaching whilst AIM/MSN/Trillianing/whatever and he doesn't do a thing? You're in one of those large classes with 100+ people aren't ya?

Jehosaphaty
Oct 24, 2006, 08:05 PM
On 2006-10-19 17:02, navci wrote:
...and looking at facebook...

which could be the biggest waste of time invented in recent years. I honestly know people who probably spend more time on facebook than outside of their rooms.

ShinMaruku
Oct 27, 2006, 11:50 AM
On 2006-10-23 20:10, navci wrote:

On 2006-10-22 21:11, Shadowpawn wrote:

I don't mind them AIM/MSN whatever. I mind it when they start to talk in class, and hence makes it hard for others who are trying to listen to what the dude is saying.

Classic examples of stupidty a bullet to their heads should work.