PDA

View Full Version : PSU and Updates

-Break-
Oct 19, 2006, 08:36 PM
As I'm sure many of you have heard, Sega plans to release updates for the US version of PSU in the same order and time periods as they did for the JP version. For example JP version gets an update two weeks after it comes out, the US version is then also not updated for two weeks after release. I'm not sure on the validity of this but I've heard it around the forums many times. So I was wondering, since the 360 servers will be linked with those in Japan will 360 users get updates in the same time frames as the Japanese do or do they plan to keep the updates in sync with PC/PS2? I also wonder if the late 360 release date in Japan will effect this? If so there is going to be a lot of anger from PC/PS2 players about the 360 getting updates before they do.

On a side note, I sure hope they don't update in this method. I don't want to be sitting around waiting to use weapons that the Japanese have had access to for months.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-10-19 18:47 ]</font>

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 19, 2006, 08:37 PM
edited out, was being irritable

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2006-10-19 19:04 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Oct 19, 2006, 08:39 PM
The only update I really think should be up immediately after release on the 25th, is the Halloween Event & decorations.

I'll be a little bit sad if they are not up.

I do think other updates should be like once every 4 weeks or so for low level updated content, and like maybe new quests/missions every 5-6 weeks. One update/adding/unlocking content once every 3 months is really streching out players patience just a bit far IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-10-19 18:43 ]</font>

-Break-
Oct 19, 2006, 08:44 PM
So basically we buy half the game, then sit around and wait for new updates while Sonic Team could pretty much implement them whenever.... Almost makes me want to wait to get the game....Almost

-Break-
Oct 19, 2006, 08:59 PM
So....This doesn't piss anyone else off I'm guessing? I want my damn Fan/Card weapons.

Valatar
Oct 19, 2006, 10:05 PM
Honestly, I don't see it as affecting us that much, at least at the beginning. It will, after all, take time for us to catch up with the Japanese players in levels. Releasing high-level missions right now won't do us much good.

Look at it this way, the Japanese players are beta testing the content for us. They'll be the ones who have to deal with the crashes and downtime, while we (hopefully) are getting more polished material from their pain.

February
Oct 19, 2006, 10:08 PM
On 2006-10-19 20:05, Valatar wrote:
Look at it this way, the Japanese players are beta testing the content for us. They'll be the ones who have to deal with the crashes and downtime, while we (hopefully) are getting more polished material from their pain.

That's exactly how I look at it. I dont mind waiting for the extra content because by the time we get it, it should all be bug fixed and what not.

Reeses
Oct 19, 2006, 10:13 PM
Wow, i never thought of it that way guys. Like break, I have been wondering if the JP players were going to be showing off new weps, armor, CLOTHES, before us but if they are the ones getting the crashes and downtime, more power to THEM haha.

But that raises one question, dont you think that the JP have a test server, like every other game. So in all fairness, we may still be a few weeks behind a perfectly good patch.

MrConstipated
Oct 19, 2006, 10:17 PM
haha wow i forgot about that. Its FFXI all over again for you NA 360 users. The JP users are gonna be showing off all their ubers while you guys are just starting off. HOW FUN! LOL

yet another reason to skip on the 360 version. Not to mention communicating with 3 NA users and 3 JP users in the same party is gonna be a pain in the ass unless you all speak the same language or discriminate on JP users because of language barriers.

my first assumption is only IF the 360 JP version is already out over there.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 19, 2006, 10:21 PM
Actually, I think the JPs get the 360 version like a month AFTER we do, so we'll be the ones flaunting.

MrConstipated
Oct 19, 2006, 10:22 PM
Ok.

My communication issue still stands though.

Reeses
Oct 19, 2006, 10:25 PM
Well Mr. Constipated, looks like you will be having some interesting talks in your parties while I on the other hand, can enjoy witty conversation...in english too~

MrConstipated
Oct 19, 2006, 10:28 PM
I won't have that problem considering i'll be on the pc/ps2 servers thank you very much.

Reeses
Oct 19, 2006, 10:31 PM
On 2006-10-19 20:28, MrConstipated wrote:
I won't have that problem considering i'll be on the pc/ps2 servers thank you very much.

Er...care to start witty conversation in english...

I could have swore you said you were on XBox 360.... god i love assuming thing....