PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Customization

MayLee
Oct 19, 2006, 09:06 PM
I cannot wait until PSU comes out, sadly I never got to play the Beta version due to move and having to wait a week to get internet back up

I want to know a couple things with customization issues

Do you get to actually create the style of your clothing instead of just changing the colors of your robe or outfit like in EP 1 and 2 and can you have add ons (like Jackets, hairties, exc...)

I'm super excited about the Personal Machines because I was a big MAG fan back in the day.
Once your PM has reached humanoid level I wonder if you can set the gender of your PM and customize how they look (Clothes, skin tones and hair and eyes)-That has been on my mind the most

I'm very curious and I am super excited about the upcoming PSU game.

Hustler_One
Oct 19, 2006, 09:14 PM
Im pretty sure you CANT fully customize your clothes, I think when you make your initial character you can change the colors or something but im not sure.

My best guess? Probly not,

As for your PM I honestly have no clue. Sorry = /

Akaimizu
Well, you have certain selections of outfits from different in-game manufacturers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Basically, Tops/Bottoms/Shoes can be applied separately, and mixed and matched.

You have some accessory choices including lipstick and nail polish, would you believe?
Glasses, too. I haven't messed with all the accessories yet, but I did take a look at them, in the store. Many shops have men's and women's clothes sold from two different counters. Since there is a storage cabinet, in the room, to put stuff accessible by any character on the same account; (or the option of buying with the intention of someone else wearing it) you have the option of buying both. If you buy for the other gender, it simply gets stored in inventory so you can place it for a different character.

There's different entire motifs for tops and bottoms, if you ask; but there's no indication I've seen for much layering. It's more like, a top design you chose in comparison with another; so down the line, if there was some jacket design, you're getting whatever comes with it, for the top only.

Grr
Havent played around with Human characters enough to know about clothes.

As far as PMs go , i think the final versions are set as is , and all of them are little girls

Reeses
Oct 19, 2006, 09:15 PM
Yes, i agree im super stoked about PSU FINALLY coming! Tuesday the 24th will be the longest day of my life i just know it haha. Seens though i pre-ordered it and i'll (hopefully) get it wednesday.

I made a topic just a second ago about fashion actually. There seems to be quite a few styles of clothing to choose from. Ranging from the starting clothes to the 50,000 meseta shirts on Moatoob (So I've heard). The Fashion in this game is going to be amazing! Also, each outfit comes with like 4 different color varieties. The estee shop supplies hair ornaments depeneding on your hairstyle.

The PM is purely female once it gets into humanoid stage. I could be wrong but female PMS are the only ones i've seen and ive watched a TON of videos and seen countless pictures.

If you havent checked this site out yet: http://www.psupedia.org then i would do so. It has a great database for PMs, clothing, weapons, pretty much anything!

I hope this helps haha.

VoidAbsolute
Oct 19, 2006, 09:17 PM
lets just be glad it isn't like PSO where everyone was just a different color half the time lol but yeah, there are cloths shops for humans, new, and beasts and parts shops for cast...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VoidAbsolute on 2006-10-19 19:18 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Oct 19, 2006, 09:19 PM
And before you ask, the clothes for human, newmans, and beasts, can all be worn by each other. Sometimes, a clever combination can be made with all 3.

I know with my character, I'm pretty much sticking with a circus performer motif, so whatever my character changes into, I'd rather stay true to that kind of background.

VoidAbsolute
Oct 19, 2006, 09:23 PM
On 2006-10-19 19:19, Akaimizu wrote:
And before you ask, the clothes for human, newmans, and beasts, can all be worn by each other. Sometimes, a clever combination can be made with all 3.

I know with my character, I'm pretty much sticking with a circus performer motif, so whatever my character changes into, I'd rather stay true to that kind of background.

lol, my cast will have to go to the shops and have his armor drilled off from his body....not a simple as pulling a shirt over your head lol

MayLee
Oct 19, 2006, 09:33 PM
Wow that's awsome, nail polish too?

I am getting PSU for my birthday on the 3rd of November.

I am a fashion geek when it comes to creating your own characters.

I want to kick butt and look good doing it. >.>

DonRoyale
Oct 19, 2006, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the site info Reeses, it really does have everything.

Reeses
Oct 19, 2006, 09:55 PM
May Lee, i will DEF. see you in game haha. Maybe we can set up shopping dates no? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Luno
Oct 19, 2006, 09:58 PM
I concur.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Luno on 2006-10-19 19:58 ]</font>

February
Oct 19, 2006, 09:58 PM
That's what I like about costume changes. I'm sure I'll change February's hair alot too.

MayLee
Oct 19, 2006, 10:01 PM
Reeses, that would be awsome. Haha. When I get PSU I'll come looking for you and maybe we can build ourselves a fashionable team http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Akaimizu
Oct 19, 2006, 10:07 PM
Well, I'm not sure about the nail polish. The lipstick is definitely in there, though. The head accessories are done by going to a shop to have your Hair done. From there, you have a selection of accessories you can apply to your head for each hair style supported. So you aren't stuck with one hairstyle for a particular accessory, unless you're buying hair-ties that kind of make the style. Even then, you might get a hairstyle that has a hairtie and another accessory.

In the same place, you'll often find Lipstick options, A tanning or Untanning salon, (Kind of a way to change your skin color) and an ability to alter the look of your eyes. (Kind of like getting some contacts that alter your eye's appearance)

However, as I mentioned before, the really cool and expensive outfits you have to buy, no defaults for those. There's one pair of fairly inexpensive boots you can get right from the beginning. They look cool, but they aren't the monstrocities of cost, some of the available footwear goes for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-19 20:27 ]</font>

Reeses
Oct 19, 2006, 10:08 PM
As a dear friend once put the other day when we were talking about this game on AIM:

"BOOTS!"
"HAIR!"
"SHIRTS!"
"SKIRTS!"
"NAIR!"

"Go Fashion!"

"By your powers combined, I am Captain Fashion!"

Captain Fashion, she's our hero
Gonna take ugly down to zero

she's our powers, magnified
And she's fighting on the cutie's side

Captain Fashion, she's our hero
Gonna take ugly down to zero

Gonna help her put asunder
Bad guys who hate to shop and wonder

"You'll pay for this Captain Fashion!"

We're the Fashioneers
You can be one too
'Cause dressing so sexy is the thing to do!

Bathing and Perfuming, is the way!
Hear what Captain Fashion has to say!

"The Power is Yours!"

Zorafim
Oct 19, 2006, 11:27 PM
With flieshies, you can buy cloths and change into them whenever you want. How does that work with casts? Can you only change parts by buying new ones and replacing old ones, or can you store parts and change them whenever you feel like it? Is it posible for casts to wear fleshy clothing?

EnixBelmont
Oct 19, 2006, 11:31 PM
On 2006-10-19 21:27, Zorafim wrote:
With flieshies, you can buy cloths and change into them whenever you want. How does that work with casts? Can you only change parts by buying new ones and replacing old ones, or can you store parts and change them whenever you feel like it? Is it posible for casts to wear fleshy clothing?

Don't think there is a way to wear Newman/Human/Beast clothes, but you can buy and store parts and wear them like clothes.

Hajile
Oct 19, 2006, 11:34 PM
From what i gather in extra mode is that only CAST merchants ,politicians , non battle CAST's (:aka NPC) wear human clothing ;p

Suetto_Rai
Oct 19, 2006, 11:50 PM
Are there any customizations that can be done to casts? just wondering..

Hajile
Oct 19, 2006, 11:57 PM
Cast's have all the adjustment's basicly like the other races except that if you pick a helmet instead of a visible (flesh face) , your stuck with that helmet forever.

you prolly know but cast's can only wear parts and are unique to them ;p

MayLee
Oct 20, 2006, 07:43 AM
Hahaha, Reeses that's a good one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif