PDA

View Full Version : Documented correlations of PM/synth percents?

Valatar
Oct 19, 2006, 09:20 PM
The title pretty much sums it up, has there been any research into working out PM evolution stages and stats as pertains to item synthesis?

What I've seen thus far has been suggestions that the PM's statistics influence the success rate like so:

Power - Melee Weapons
Dex - Ranged Weapons
Def - Armor
Mind - Force Weapons

Other people have mentioned seeing the success percentage rise and fall dramatically whenever their PM evolves. If the whole 'statistic = better synthesis' holds with the evolutions, then one can assume that the best melee synthesis will come from a 410 with 100 power, ranged synthesis from a 430 with 100 dex, armor synthesis from a 440 with 100 def, and force synthesis from a 450 with 100 mind.

However, is that the case in practice as well as theory? Has anyone leveled multiple PMs and kept track of their synthesis percentages to know if that's actually how it works?

Player-synthed equipment looks like it's going to be the way to get the best gear in the game, so having a stable of PMs optimized to have the highest success rate strikes me as being a player's best friend. Nobody wants to watch the Nei Claws board that's a one in a million drop result in a monomate, after all...

Cross
Oct 19, 2006, 10:16 PM
5 in one stat gives +1% success in its related item category. I know that for sure.

However, that's not the end of it. Supposedly the PM's combat gauge (works sort of like job levels for the PM) can have an effect, and I've heard there's a 5% bonus in the category that the PM uses weapons from, but I haven't confirmed that myself. There also appears to be a cap on the maximum success chance, but I'm not sure if it's constant or variable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-10-19 20:17 ]</font>

Valatar
Oct 19, 2006, 10:47 PM
Oh yes, I'd forgotten. I believe it was mentioned that ten 'levels' on the combat gague gave +1% to synthesis. Whether it's as cut and dry as 1 level = 0.1% or if there is rounding and fractions and other factors involved seems to be a mystery for now.