PDA

View Full Version : How much memory is needed for the PS2 memory cards to play P

Ludamec
Oct 19, 2006, 09:26 PM
Taking all of the future network updates and what not into consideration...along with offline story mode data..extra mode characters AND online mode characters...how much data on a memory card are we talkin bout using here? I only have like..2mb free on my current card...something tells me that I need to buy another card come next week...any ideas ppl?

February
Oct 19, 2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah you should pick up another. it's going to take about 2 megs to start off with. And your online characters won't be saved to your mem card just for the record.

BlueInfinity
Oct 19, 2006, 09:30 PM
well that would depend on the size of the patches themselves, but im pretty sure they can downsaze most of them to kilobytes for the ps2 users

MrConstipated
Oct 19, 2006, 09:32 PM
i suspect close to 3mbs could be more though. If its anything like EQ for PS2, which is a full fledged MMORPG, it will be around that and all updates are done to the memory card, uncluding patches and fixes. Its actually not that out of this world EQ for ps2 was able to do a whole lot. And basically the 'majority' of PSU's content is just gonna be unlocked stuff thats already on the disc, similiar to eq-ps2.

but even with just useing the memory, new missions should be able to be made from scratch, you'd be surprised.

Ludamec
Oct 19, 2006, 09:48 PM
oh you're right I completely forgot that network characters are saved server side...hmm, in that case, if we are still able to have 4 offline characters per card, ill have to see how much data it actually needs to start before I shell out 20 bones for one...I'm really trying to avoid spending 20 dollars on a card if I dont have to.

February
Oct 19, 2006, 09:49 PM
Do what I did, delete stuff!
Yeah, I know how much that sucks to do that. I delete a bunch of RPG saves thinking it'll give me a chance to play through them again later when I get anew card. The game has a minimum of about 2 megs, so you'll end up needing a little more.

Ludamec
Oct 19, 2006, 10:16 PM
oh you're right I completely forgot that network characters are saved server side...hmm, in that case, if we are still able to have 4 offline characters per card, ill have to see how much data it actually needs to start before I shell out 20 bones for one...I'm really trying to avoid spending 20 dollars on a card if I dont have to.