PDA

View Full Version : what are the roles of some of these classes?

atomisk
Oct 20, 2006, 12:29 AM
I was just curious what the roles of forces are later on in game (mostly support or mostly damage) and what the wartechers generally end up doing (do they melee with a little magic or do they mostly cast with a little melee?) also, on another note, how big is the difference between an A rank in weapon proficency and an S rank

Losodo1976
Oct 20, 2006, 12:34 AM
Forces are support and damage all through their advancement. Just gets better as you level up.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 20, 2006, 12:35 AM
The role of a Force is easy, but it changes with each party.

If your party likes to take hits, you heal.
If your party needs an edge, you buff. (should buff regardless of if they suck or not, but yeah)
If your party is doing good and doesn't need much healing or buffing, you blow up whatever looks at you the wrong way.

As for A and S i'm uncertain, and don't know about wartechers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-19 22:37 ]</font>

galaxy
Oct 20, 2006, 01:58 AM
i don't have any definite answers, but i'll contribue.

forces differ a little bit from their PSO counterparts, since damage techs in this game are far more useful. so, its really up to the force and/or the party to determine what role they will play. they can be a purely elemental damage dealer, or a healer/buffer, or a debuffer. its circumstantial now.

the nature of any class mixed with a magic dealing one, in most games, is that they supplement their combat abilities with magic. so, im going to assume that a wartecher will probably not use damage dealing techs all that much, but primarily have healing, buffing, and debuffing abilities. since wartechers to get tech lvl 20, their damage techs will still be useful, but i can see most wartechers using mostly gi-level techs, since they are centered around the player, and wartechers will probably be in the midst of battle.

also, the primary difference between S and A rankings, i THINK, is that each weapon that you find or make has a ranking, and you can only use weapons of up to the rank that your class allows. so, if you have two sabers, one is S rank and one is A rank, if your class only has an A rank in sabers, than they can't use the S ranked saber.