PDA

View Full Version : Character creation/delete limit?

AnamanaAU
Oct 20, 2006, 03:46 AM
Just wondering if PSU JP so far has any limit on making or deleting your characters? Made me think of a few easy ways to get money.

1) Make character
2) dump clothing in the account box.
3) Delete character.
4) Repeat until you have every garment of clothing.
5) Sell if it sells well.
6) ?????
7) PROFIT!

This is just me guessing. If this is possible, don't expect it to be unpatched for long. Got me thinking of other mmorpgs, mainly Ultima Online, where you could use mules to get their starting items/gold.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JubeiSaotome on 2006-10-20 01:48 ]</font>

Ryogen
Oct 20, 2006, 03:49 AM
It won't get you nothing. Ever seen how much photon art techniques cost? They cost 1k but sell 115 (somthing like that). The weapons you get would sell under 250. The method won't work. You won't make nothing but chump change. You have a better chance of building and sharing 2 to 3 characters than that method or just doing one mission run than doing that multible times.

Ryogen
Oct 20, 2006, 03:52 AM
Now a limit on creating and deleting characters, nah I don't think they would want to do that.

Just for you I'm going to try that, but I know what I'm going to come up with.

AnamanaAU
Oct 20, 2006, 03:54 AM
No money, but a decent wardrobe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Cross
Oct 20, 2006, 03:55 AM
You can get clothes that way, but not much meseta. Starting equipment generally sells for 1 meseta each.

The only thing you can 'exploit' through repeatedly recreating characters besides getting a multicoloured wardrobe of the same boring newbie clothes is to collect Shield Lines, Clothing, and Parts to feed a PM.

Ryogen
Oct 20, 2006, 03:55 AM
On 2006-10-20 01:54, JubeiSaotome wrote:
No money, but a decent wardrobe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

That is why I said I'm going to try it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AnamanaAU
Oct 20, 2006, 04:00 AM
Just as long as I can get a decent set of clothing to swap through, I'm fine with no money made.

AlMcFly
Oct 20, 2006, 06:12 AM
Definitely not a bad idea ;P. (I guess I know what I will be doing in my first two hours or so of PSU, lol.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2006-10-20 04:15 ]</font>

Diablohead
Oct 20, 2006, 08:22 AM
I thought about that to get a few new pieces of clothing, but i'll probably prefer to save up and buy something unique.

MayLee
Oct 20, 2006, 08:45 AM
Maybe I'll use that method for some nice clothing. It's cheaper that way too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2006-10-20 06:47 ]</font>

Mazoku
Oct 20, 2006, 11:09 AM
I'm definitely doing it to get all the outfits for my cast, there are so few it'll only take two made characters. ; ;

AnamanaAU
Oct 20, 2006, 11:51 PM
Casts get hardly any clothing, so it'd be a good way to get what little starting clothing they have.

Grr
Oct 20, 2006, 11:55 PM
I agree with the starting weapon thing. Although ill have to see how newbie rifles effect my PM status versus berries.

If i was a human , i could see the appeal of lots of clothes.

SpishackCola
Oct 20, 2006, 11:58 PM
Not to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't be surprised to see ST add one if too many people do this for an extended amount of time.

Sizzors
Oct 21, 2006, 12:00 AM
I prefer the three step version

1. Gather Underwear
2.?????
3. PROFIT!

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 12:00 AM
Another benefit of making extra characters is to save a lil' money if you're planning on playing a class different from the default.

Want to make a beast force? Make a newman force and fork over its wand, saves a tiny bit o' cash.

I think PSUpedia actually suggests making a bunch of characters and feeding their stuff to the PM for building it up, complete with descriptions of which starter race will help build which stat.