PDA

View Full Version : PSU: What Race Makes A Better Protranser? Beast or Cast?

Kizzy
Oct 20, 2006, 06:47 AM
I mean, I know that human would be best suited for protranser since they are adept at everything. But I want a bit of a challenge for my 4th character. >:3

Is a Beast Protranser harder to raise, or a Cast Protranser? And which would most likely come out more powerful, or whatever?

Or is it a fair tie?

Kizzy
Oct 20, 2006, 07:05 AM
Whoo, double-posting!

Elleranda
Oct 20, 2006, 07:08 AM
Just so you know, you can click "edit" and then "delete" to remove posts.

Anyway, so little is really known about the protranser that it's kinda hard to say. I'm guessing Beast, though, as I think the protranser stat growth had some pretty decent ATA but lacking in ATP.

Nani-chan
Oct 20, 2006, 07:11 AM
It's intresting to note that Protranser is the only job with potential 30 skills and 30 bullets.
2nd best job for Axe and Grenade Launcher, (Fortefighter/Fortegunner) no other jobs can use those weapons.

I'd say pick whatever character you like the look of, but it you want to be powerplaying the stats; think of which weapons you want to use. Do you prefer to use traps and then hunter weapon the enemies for faster kills or do you prefer to ranger with the status effect bullets?

Kizzy
Oct 20, 2006, 07:13 AM
On 2006-10-20 05:08, Elleranda wrote:
Just so you know, you can click "edit" and then "delete" to remove posts.

Oh, I just did that post on purpose to bump the thread. XD

Kizzy
Oct 20, 2006, 07:14 AM
On 2006-10-20 05:11, Nani-chan wrote:
It's intresting to note that Protranser is the only job with potential 30 skills and 30 bullets.
2nd best job for Axe and Grenade Launcher, (Fortefighter/Fortegunner) no other jobs can use those weapons.

I'd say pick whatever character you like the look of, but it you want to be powerplaying the stats; think of which weapons you want to use. Do you prefer to use traps and then hunter weapon the enemies for faster kills or do you prefer to ranger with the status effect bullets?

Oh~. Okay, thanks. That helps a lot, really. =3

Jools
Oct 20, 2006, 09:04 AM
That questions very hard to answer as no one really understands Protranser just yet. Truly they are the most mysterious of the jobs as they appear to be utterly awful. Everyones assuming there's something we don't understand about them, but no one knows what that is just yet. Its too early to consider these things right now.

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 09:16 AM
I voted Cast, but that's because I'd use guns as a Protranser. Then again... what were the Beast adavtages? Casts get +Acc., -TP... Beasts get +Pow., -Eva? Nevertheless, it all goes down to playstyle.

Itsuki
Oct 20, 2006, 01:51 PM
my guess is: It really doesn't matter.

Reason: Protranser stats are just so low that the difference between a newman and a beast is almost nothing, so the difference between a cast and a beast is even less. The large majority of a protransers stats apepar to come from the class bonus, so no matter what race you are, its only a 1-2% difference overall at the end.

Kizzy
Oct 20, 2006, 04:26 PM
Hmmm. X3

Okay, thanks for all your help guys. =D

I really just wanna make a protranser for a challenge, basically, And, of course, to see how the playstyle is.