PDA

View Full Version : I just got this thought...

Arcanum
Oct 20, 2006, 07:50 AM
Saying that a beast force is bad is like saying a girl can't work as police/army/fireman right?

That's so damn sexist/racist then... o.o

Cross
Oct 20, 2006, 07:53 AM
I hope you got the warranty with that thought.

Edit for less sarcasm: It's not really the same thing. While it's not right to say "women can't be fire fighters", it is perfectly valid to say "people without a certain level of strength can't be fire fighters", and it just so happens that as a general trend, women are built with smaller frames than men and don't have the same raw strength.

That is to say, a woman who's just as physically fit as a an can do the job fine, but there are going to be less of them because the chance of those physical characteristics being present in women is lower than in men.

In PSU, it's even more progressive, to the point where anybody can be any job, regardless of their raw capability for the tasks it requires. That's kind of necessary, though, since there's no genetic variation between people of the same race and gender, and different races are clearly defined as being better and worse than others in various respects.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-10-20 06:01 ]</font>

Callous
Oct 20, 2006, 07:54 AM
Well, they're obviously not going to be the best suited for the task. I'd call that realistic, not racist :P

Arcanum
Oct 20, 2006, 07:57 AM
Then... If a newman is bad as a hunter... why do police department still gets a woman for the job? Dosen't that mean she can do the job well even tough she's less build than a guy physically?
Let's just see it as a point of view that the newman is a girl...

lol

Bleemo
Oct 20, 2006, 07:58 AM
What follows this brief message will sum up my entire philosophical view on this post:

GEET back in that KITCHEEN, WOMAAAN!

Elleranda
Oct 20, 2006, 07:59 AM
On 2006-10-20 05:57, Arcanum wrote:
Then... If a newman is bad as a hunter... why do police department still gets a woman for the job? Dosen't that mean she can do the job well even tough she's less build than a guy physically?
Let's just see it as a point of view that the newman is a girl...

lol

Because real life humans don't have stat points. I'm stronger than most guys I know.

Akaimizu
Oct 20, 2006, 08:04 AM
Yep. That's the ticket. Where in the real world, there is such a thing as diversity of the individual to upset some average; there is no such thing in a game world. So yes, Beasts will always be lesser Forces than Humans and especially Newmans, doing the same thing.

I'm sure they can be somewhat capable as a Force, just that if you have the choice between a similar levelled Beast Force, and a Newman one. It'll be no surprise who is more effective.

Draugar
Oct 20, 2006, 08:07 AM
*hits 'Reading to much into things' alarm*

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 08:07 AM
On 2006-10-20 05:58, Bleemo wrote:What follows this brief message will sum up my entire philosophical view on this post:
GEET back in that KITCHEEN, WOMAAAN!LOL! That's great. However, comparing an ill-suited class to women is about as politically correct as bashing the president face to face. Even IF the comparison is valid, everyone will put a big red "MrConstipated" label on your forehead. =3

As a CAST Guntecher, I say nay to the naysayers.

Elleranda
Oct 20, 2006, 08:10 AM
On 2006-10-20 05:58, Bleemo wrote:
What follows this brief message will sum up my entire philosophical view on this post:

GEET back in that KITCHEEN, WOMAAAN!

Right after you fix my toilet, dear.

Bleemo
Oct 20, 2006, 08:13 AM
On 2006-10-20 06:10, Elleranda wrote:

Oh-ho! Backtalk!

No credit card for you for a week, missy!

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 08:13 AM
Jeez, are you two married? You sound way too good at that. XD

Cross
Oct 20, 2006, 08:14 AM

Toilet, schmoilet. Plumbing is a fad. We're moving to the bucket system.

Elleranda
Oct 20, 2006, 08:16 AM
On 2006-10-20 06:13, Bleemo wrote:

Oh-ho! Backtalk!

Now do you like the ham on your sandwiches with or without the feces? I can never remember.

Bleemo
Oct 20, 2006, 08:21 AM
On 2006-10-20 06:16, Elleranda wrote:

Oh-ho! Backtalk!

Now do you like the ham on your sandwiches with or without the feces? I can never remember.

Okay, you win. I'm officialy disgusted.

Remind me to never marry a woman that would sneak feces in sandwiches in order to get back at me.

You women are on a level which you don't understand.

*Heads to the toilet, head low in defeat.*

Draugar
Oct 20, 2006, 08:22 AM

Oh-ho! Backtalk!

I sense a decent poll topic coming up =D

Elleranda
Oct 20, 2006, 08:25 AM

Remind me to never marry a woman that would sneak feces in sandwiches in order to get back at me.

I can't imagine any woman who would limit themselves in their quest for revenge. Maybe you should go gay.

And yes, we understand it. We understand it very well. Muwahahahaha!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elleranda on 2006-10-20 06:26 ]</font>

Trinitystar
Oct 20, 2006, 08:25 AM
OK lol as a x-police officer myself (my hubby is still one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) I was 115lb and got the job done just as well or even better then some of the guys we trained with lol. Hell some of the guys 200+lbs did not even make it out training. It's all about how bad you want something and how to work around your weakness and make it work for you. when I went in I was no gym rat and it was mad hard work but I wanted it and with most women when we want something bad we get it lol. I say play want you want and make it work for you.

Bleemo
Oct 20, 2006, 08:37 AM
On 2006-10-20 06:25, Trinitystar wrote:
OK lol as a x-police officer myself (my hubby is still one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) I was 115lb and got the job done just as well or even better then some of the guys we trained with lol. Hell some of the guys 200+lbs did not even make it out training. It's all about how bad you want something and how to work around your weakness and make it work for you. when I went in I was no gym rat and it was mad hard work but I wanted it and with most women when we want something bad we get it lol. I say play want you want and make it work for you.

This is something I've always wondered: is the police academy training seperated by gender? Do you train with the men, or is it mixed?

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 20, 2006, 08:49 AM

Dorms are mixed, but the acutal training istelf is CO-ed. At leaset that's waht it was like when I did my military Police trianing, I don't see why it'd be any diffrent :/

Plus Females who do things generally males do pwn~~ Like B-girls(Chicks who breakdance.), Females who do martial arts (contrary to popular belief in the west females associate martial arts as a thing 'Guys' do for the most part and not a great many take true intrest in it sadly unless its kick boxing, bleh!), And the almighty Female gammer~~

That said one of the coolest/bestest females I ever knew (aside from My Woman~~) Was the only chick on the wrestling team (captain mind you.), and made prom queen that same year. Females FTW?

Mah 10 cents http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FAHR-3NH317
Oct 20, 2006, 08:56 AM
I guess the moral of the story is that girls and guys have a few differences, weaknesses and strengths... of course - everyones different regardless of sex - however, beasts suck as forces BWAHAHA

Trinitystar
Oct 20, 2006, 08:58 AM
On 2006-10-20 06:37, Bleemo wrote:

This is something I've always wondered: is the police academy training seperated by gender? Do you train with the men, or is it mixed?

We all train at the same time doing the same things, it's like you have what it takes or you don't they don't take it easy on you cuz your a girl and I would not have wanted it that way. Hell there were tears on some days lol not only from the girls but we pushed and gave it all we had to make it out. Im at home now with my kids depression proved to be harder then the job and seeing what you see on the job made it that much harder. But I will always be proud of myslef for a job well done http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zabot
Oct 20, 2006, 09:22 AM
i think this topic has become to much of a sexist attack topic.

If you really want to know what i think, i think MOST men are fucking pigs, all they want to do os sleep, eat, and have sex, they dont care about anyone else, and the sole reason they work is so they can bring in food and whatnot. Then they expect something in return. GUESS WHAT THATS LIFE, you could work your whole fucking life and not get anything in return, but you gotta do it anyway, you dont deserve, or have to get SHIT. WOMEN DONT OWN MEN, AND MEN DO NOT OWN WOMEN. I have seen to much of what PEOPLE are capable of, its always, women need to cook and stuff, and men have to work and shit, i dont think i have seen anyone work as hard as my Mother, and for that matter my dad is a FUCKING DICK. try growing up in a family that tells you your worthless all the time. its fucking time to stop all this sexist nonsence and steriotyping.

And just to let all of you know, i am a guy, and im NOT gay, im enganged to a beautiful young lady, we are getting married in a year or two, we need to be a little more finacially stable

Elleranda
Oct 20, 2006, 09:23 AM
Holy shit!

Zabot
Oct 20, 2006, 09:26 AM
On 2006-10-20 07:23, Elleranda wrote:
Holy shit!

what??

Im just extremely morally Right in the head

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zabot on 2006-10-20 07:27 ]</font>

Parn
Oct 20, 2006, 09:30 AM
On 2006-10-20 07:22, Zabot wrote:
its always, women need to cook and stuff, and men have to work and shit
So, do you know how to cook? And when I say cook, I mean make something from scratch and not opening up a bag of Top Ramen and boiling some water, heh.

Zabot
Oct 20, 2006, 09:36 AM
yea seriously, the only reason people like that need and i quote "women" is because MOMMY did EVERYTHING for them and they cant do ANYTHING themselves

Bleemo
Oct 20, 2006, 09:36 AM

If you really want to know what i think, i think MOST men are fucking pigs, all they want to do os sleep, eat, and have sex, they dont care about anyone else, and the sole reason they work is so they can bring in food and whatnot. Then they expect something in return. GUESS WHAT THATS LIFE, you could work your whole fucking life and not get anything in return, but you gotta do it anyway, you dont deserve, or have to get SHIT. WOMEN DONT OWN MEN, AND MEN DO NOT OWN WOMEN. I have seen to much of what PEOPLE are capable of, its always, women need to cook and stuff, and men have to work and shit, i dont think i have seen anyone work as hard as my Mother, and for that matter my dad is a FUCKING DICK. try growing up in a family that tells you your worthless all the time. its fucking time to stop all this sexist nonsence and steriotyping.

And just to let all of you know, i am a guy, and im NOT gay, im enganged to a beautiful young lady, we are getting married in a year or two, we need to be a little more finacially stable

If you were my homosexual lover, I would make you GEET back in that KITCHEEN.

Yoiyami
Oct 20, 2006, 09:38 AM
On 2006-10-20 06:21, Bleemo wrote:

Oh-ho! Backtalk!

Ha! *high-fives Elle* ^o^

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 20, 2006, 09:40 AM

I feel you.., I have had a similar up bringing, but this as a result has caused me to aprpeicate what My own mom does. With her being in the military I'm here with her to help with my brother so he can finish school while she faces the likely hood of going to Iraq shortly in November. (And I know about the single mother busting their ass bid.)

The steryotyping going on is not meant to be in anyway negative, its just to give a tounge-in-cheek comparison to A single class. I took it as an opprotunity to give Females Props, but all in all people are people and are capable of anything another person is, Dispite Race, Gender, or age.

So I ask *please* don't take this *that* seriously http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif And congratulations on your enguagement, Me and My Woman are in the same position right now as well~~ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mah 10 cents.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 20, 2006, 09:44 AM
On 2006-10-20 07:36, Zabot wrote:
yea seriously, the only reason people like that need and i quote "women" is because MOMMY did EVERYTHING for them and they cant do ANYTHING themselves

Well..to be consistant with my Last post, I've seen a lot of women who think because they are women that someone should do everything for them entirely and feel that what they have between their legs is reason enough to do it(Run-on-sentence of dooooooom~~). Sadly many acutally take them up on that offer :/ (Thank goodness for people acutally having their own opinions/upbringing to be DIFFRENT) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mah 10 cents~~

Zabot
Oct 20, 2006, 09:44 AM
On 2006-10-20 07:36, Bleemo wrote:

If you were my homosexual lover, I would make you GEET back in that KITCHEEN.

obvioulsy you are a immature child who knows no respect for the common individual, i truly belive you will die very lonely. seriously, grow up now, it just gets harder the older you get, i was lucky enough to grow up at about age 17, right before actually, and i thank god i did or i wouldnt be where i am right now. . . and its definitly not IN YOUR KITCHEN BITCH!!

http://bleemo.justgotowned.com/

Zabot
Oct 20, 2006, 09:46 AM
On 2006-10-20 07:44, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:

On 2006-10-20 07:36, Zabot wrote:

Well..to be consistant with my Last post, I've seen a lot of women who think because they are women that someone should do everything for them entirely and feel that what they have between their legs is reason enough to do it(Run-on-sentence of dooooooom~~). Sadly many acutally take them up on that offer :/ (Thank goodness for people acutally having their own opinions/upbringing to be DIFFRENT) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mah 10 cents~~

no i know, thats what i said in an earlier post, i hate how each sex treats each other like they own them, and how they "deserve certian things" because they are of a certain gender, i know extactly what you mean, im sick of it all too LOL

sorry if you missunderstood me

Peace

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zabot on 2006-10-20 07:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zabot on 2006-10-20 07:47 ]</font>

Elleranda
Oct 20, 2006, 09:47 AM
Hahaha XD What the hell?

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 20, 2006, 09:48 AM
@Zabot No problems sir~~

Zabot
Oct 20, 2006, 09:48 AM
On 2006-10-20 07:47, Elleranda wrote:
Hahaha XD What the hell?

why are you so shocked to see the way im acting??? im just curious http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Peace