PDA

View Full Version : About Forces in PSO/PSU...

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 20, 2006, 08:28 AM
Is it me..., or is it *MUCH* more satisfying playing a force who supports in PSO/PSU, than it is to play a White mage in FFXI or, a priest in WoW/RO, I mean, it just seems more gradifying/not as hard pressed/more appreicated...

Ah, yes that's what it is, it seems people are more appreciative of Forces who heal vs other games, where even their role is abosolutely vital, I've distained support classes in all games Except PSO/PSU and I cannot figure out why :/ I was wondering if I was the only one Feeling this way. What do you guys think?

Mah 10 cents.

Diablohead
Oct 20, 2006, 08:32 AM
pso/psu forces are more like an action packed support then just watching the fight from afar heating your team mates, imo.

MayLee
Oct 20, 2006, 08:33 AM
You know I wondered that too and I cannot give you a good answer for it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

afcakey
Oct 20, 2006, 08:35 AM
typical mmo = stand around and mash button a.
psu = run around, smash button a, shoot a bow, cast deega, smash button a.

MayLee
Oct 20, 2006, 08:35 AM
On 2006-10-20 06:32, Diablohead wrote:
pso/psu forces are more like an action packed support then just watching the fight from afar heating your team mates, imo.

That' very true, mages and so on have to rely on their teammates for back up because all they are really good for is just healing while FORCEs heal and fight.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 20, 2006, 08:40 AM
On 2006-10-20 06:35, MayLee wrote:

On 2006-10-20 06:32, Diablohead wrote:

That' very true, mages and so on have to rely on their teammates for back up because all they are really good for is just healing while FORCEs heal and fight.

Maybe that's why In WoW I was absolutely estatic about Shadow Preists(effectivly a priest who can heal their group by dealinig damage, and still can offer support whilst still doing damage comparable to main damage dealing classes.) Unfortunately Being a shadow preist is like being the cause for Aids in that game, and people absolutely refusing to group with you becuase you arn't a heal bot totally turned me off to supporting. :/ think maybe its a community thing?

Realmz
Oct 20, 2006, 08:49 AM
On 2006-10-20 06:40, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:

Maybe that's why In WoW I was absolutely estatic about Shadow Preists(effectivly a priest who can heal their group by dealinig damage, and still can offer support whilst still doing damage comparable to main damage dealing classes.) Unfortunately Being a shadow preist is like being the cause for Aids in that game, and people absolutely refusing to group with you becuase you arn't a heal bot totally turned me off to supporting. :/ think maybe its a community thing?

thats why i made a dps holy priest, and freaked the shit outta people hahah

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 20, 2006, 08:55 AM
On 2006-10-20 06:49, Realmz wrote:

On 2006-10-20 06:40, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:

thats why i made a dps holy priest, and freaked the shit outta people hahah

Yeah PI was the shyt~~ I think tho in this game it will be fun that I can have the same play style my FOmar did in PSO, sit back and debuff *EVERYTHING*, toss a few AoE's and BEAT THE BEJEZUZ out of anything that *attempts* to attack me. They took my Scythe away from me but they are Letting me be a non-70's-reject FOnewman, with the possiblity to be a HUnewman (in the image of the HUnewearl of PSO) So its a trade-off I guess.

Now I just gotta find my team of RAcaseals all over again and It'll be just like old Times~~

FAHR-3NH317
Oct 20, 2006, 08:59 AM
ummm - I'm pretty sure playing anything (force, hunter, w/e) will be more fun then playing -anything- in FFXI. I can't tell you for sure just yet, but damn, FFXI sucked hard lol (compared to PSU :> )

grimstone
Oct 20, 2006, 09:00 AM
I loved being a shadow priest. your own side hates you cause you wont heal and the enemy hates you cause you keep killing them.

wraith5k
Oct 20, 2006, 09:02 AM
On 2006-10-20 06:35, afcakey wrote:
typical mmo = stand around and mash button a.
psu = run around, smash button a, shoot a bow, cast deega, smash button a.

In a typical mmo you mash button a.

but in FFXI you mash button a once.

Which one wins?

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 09:06 AM
Well, besides the fact that PSU Forces can actually fight, the game has more action and less "OMFG, YOU NOOB HEALER!! I DIED!!!?!". Go figure.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 20, 2006, 09:07 AM
On 2006-10-20 07:00, grimstone wrote:
I loved being a shadow priest. your own side hates you cause you wont heal and the enemy hates you cause you keep killing them.

But as a shadow priest, to Keel is to heeel~~~ (To explain for those who played FFXI, shadow priests gained an ablity called vampiric embrace which allows them to heal the party back a Percentage of the damage they do to an enemy. Thus my statment~~ Shadow priests also had something called shadow form which holy spells (healing spells) hence the hatred.)

Well I'm just going to conclude I think that the Phantasy Star community pwn'd. Its a shame PC/PS2 won't be able to play with the japanese either ;_; I Loved on PSO playing with them and learning new words. It was the only thing that motivated me to learning more Kanji and Hiragana http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif (Lazyness FTL)

DreamLocke
Oct 20, 2006, 09:07 AM
It's probably because Forces can heal and pull out a handgun and start cappin' fools.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreamLocke on 2006-10-20 07:08 ]</font>

Mikaga
Oct 20, 2006, 09:22 AM
is it *MUCH* more satisfying playing a force who supports in PSO/PSU, than it is to play a White mage in FFXI
Well, duh. White Mages are Square Enix's little joke. They can barely heal better than Red Mages, who get Refresh and Dispel on top of a bunch of other nice stuff.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 20, 2006, 09:51 AM
On 2006-10-20 07:22, Mikaga wrote:

is it *MUCH* more satisfying playing a force who supports in PSO/PSU, than it is to play a White mage in FFXI
Well, duh. White Mages are Square Enix's little joke. They can barely heal better than Red Mages, who get Refresh and Dispel on top of a bunch of other nice stuff.

o.o .....I passed up FF XI for RO, then I passed it up again and went to WoW, Looks like I made a good decicion then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tystys
Oct 20, 2006, 09:54 AM
Racists sons of bitches SE is.... LOL JK.

I don't know, maybe it's more enjoyable because you actually need to move OUT of the way of oncoming fire? lol

FAHR-3NH317
Oct 20, 2006, 04:58 PM
ffxi was supernaturally lame