PDA

View Full Version : S-Rank at level 20 vs. A-Rank at level 30...

Valatar
Oct 20, 2006, 09:24 AM
Which leads to the best effectiveness, being able to use the best weapons with level 20 PAs, or using not-as-best weapons with level 30 PAs?

Or put a different way, how much better are S-rank weapons than A-rank, and how much better are the level 30 PAs than the level 20s?

Parn
Oct 20, 2006, 09:31 AM
Honestly, no one can answer your question because no one on any version of the network mode has reached a point where we can do a proper comparison. We don't even have access to S rank weapons yet, heh.

EnixBelmont
Oct 20, 2006, 09:35 AM
I have around 10 S-rank weapons in offline extra mode. They are very good, but it doesn't make as much as a difference as you would think. But that's most likely because all the S-ranks I have a re store bought and probably the worst of each S-rank type. If anyone really wants, I can post pics.

Valatar
Oct 20, 2006, 09:39 AM
I can never argue with pics. Kinda surprised that they stocked S-ranks in the store at all, expected those to be only player-built or rare drops.

Tystys
Oct 20, 2006, 09:41 AM
Meh, I'm happy they did, though.

Some I guess could be player built, but if that were the only way to get the items, it'd be impossible to get them in the first place.

EDIT:

Mainly because people would probably sell them at outrageous prices

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tystys on 2006-10-20 07:41 ]</font>

EnixBelmont
Oct 20, 2006, 09:41 AM
They are not all that strong, and they are freaking expensive. It might take a while, though, I have take the pcis, upload them to photobucket, and post them here. Well, not that long. Like 10 minutes, But still.

Tystys
Oct 20, 2006, 09:45 AM
Get cracking, boi!

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 09:47 AM
Interesting question. Sincee you only have the low-tier S-rank weps, compare them to low-tier A-rank weps. That'll balance it out. =)

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 20, 2006, 09:49 AM
as far as weapon effectiveness goes the offline mechanics may be different than the online mechanics. meaning comparing the two could be a bad idea.

Tycho
Oct 20, 2006, 09:52 AM
On 2006-10-20 07:41, EnixBelmont wrote:
They are not all that strong, and they are freaking expensive. It might take a while, though, I have take the pcis, upload them to photobucket, and post them here. Well, not that long. Like 10 minutes, But still.

You must be talking about the offline stats for the purchasable 10* weapons offline. Can't really make any decisions based on that.

EnixBelmont
Oct 20, 2006, 09:55 AM
On 2006-10-20 07:52, Tycho wrote:

On 2006-10-20 07:41, EnixBelmont wrote:

You must be talking about the offline stats for the purchasable 10* weapons offline. Can't really make any decisions based on that.

Well, I'd assume they are in the online game too, if not buyable.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/EnixBelmont/Claw.jpg

Those are the S-rank claws. Others are uploading now.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/EnixBelmont/Fists.jpg

Super awesome looking S-rank fists

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/EnixBelmont/Spear.jpg

Somewhat generic, but still awesome S-rank spear

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/EnixBelmont/Doubledaggers.jpg

S-rank double daggers. Eh, too flat on the non-bladed side, IMO.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/EnixBelmont/Twinsabers.jpg
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EnixBelmont on 2006-10-20 07:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EnixBelmont on 2006-10-20 08:12 ]</font>

Tycho
Oct 20, 2006, 11:49 AM
Stats are different offline. :/

Itsuki
Oct 20, 2006, 01:30 PM
stats and star ranking are different online. Something that is "S-rank" offline may not be online. Heck, something that is B rank offline may be A rank online.

Good examples are like the Ten golg bow:
offline: 4 stars, 459 atp, 49 ata Compared to a youmei 4s bow: 413 atp, 46 ata

online: 7 stars, 210 atp, 189 ata Compared to a youmei 7s bow: 487 atp, 243 ata

Those weapons may not even be S-rank online, and even then, their stats may be all over the place. Some more to consider is that some s-rank weapons may have additional properties. For example, the 7s youmei sword can hit 4 things instead of 3, that can be an advantage. Who knows what s-rank will offer. But in most situations, A-rank should be more than enough for damage purposes.

As far as the difference between 20 and 30, it can be a big difference with some weapons and some PAs, but others not so much. Its a pretty big huge difference, which really can't be replaced. I'm tempted to say that level 30 PA > S-ranks, but then again, there may be some s-ranks that amaze me later on. So far I'm not even sure if there are any online yet. Only thing I've heard about is a rumored double saber board that drops in linear line S part 1. But I don't even think it can be made yet.

EnixBelmont
Oct 20, 2006, 01:33 PM
Well, regardless, it's S-rank offline >_>