PDA

View Full Version : Wartecher : Pros and Cons?

matduke
Oct 20, 2006, 09:49 AM
This class is really appealing to me and I'm really curious to know what I should expect by picking this one.

I'm an ex-WoW player and I loved to play Paladins and Shamans, which are kind of similar (melee + magic) but in this game, they had a very big problem. Their healing/magic damage would just not be enough compared to a priest or a mage (a force in comparison) and their melee would suck compared to a melee specialized class with no healing/magic damage (a hunter?).

I don't want to be left out because I'm not specialized in any. I know hybrid classes sounds nice for a party but eventually people might realize they prefer a good combination of non-hybrid classes to perform.

Also, can Wartecher use Fans?

Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: matduke on 2006-10-20 07:50 ]</font>

Magician
Oct 20, 2006, 10:01 AM
Yes, Wartecher can use fans. But the only S-rank items they can use are Dagger and Twin Dagger. Plus, with their Skill and Techniques topping at level 20, you'll have to be comfortable with everyone (who picks a non-hybrid class) being more powerful than you as either hunter or a force.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 20, 2006, 10:04 AM
On 2006-10-20 07:49, matduke wrote:
This class is really appealing to me and I'm really curious to know what I should expect by picking this one.

I'm an ex-WoW player and I loved to play Paladins and Shamans, which are kind of similar (melee + magic) but in this game, they had a very big problem. Their healing/magic damage would just not be enough compared to a priest or a mage (a force in comparison) and their melee would suck compared to a melee specialized class with no healing/magic damage (a hunter?).

I don't want to be left out because I'm not specialized in any. I know hybrid classes sounds nice for a party but eventually people might realize they prefer a good combination of non-hybrid classes to perform.

Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: matduke on 2006-10-20 07:50 ]</font>

Here's the thing, WoW and PSU are on totally diffrent types of play systems. IN WoW, you have set roles, these roles the game bases its mechanics behind, mainly to commemorate the fact that aside from instances, the number of players could be massive. Becuase of this they had to limit the power of what One particular class could have/do. For this its going to be broken down into moreandmore nitches.

The role of a Tank, Primary Healer, AOE'r, and Melee DPS'er, are pretty much what you will find in a WoW set up. Also WoW has another game aspect to balance these classes around, which is PVP, making hybrids tricky to make.

PSU doesn't have so many restirctions, so their hybrid classes are quite honestly more unique and powerful. You won't be so limited as a Wartecher as you would say trying to make a Retribution Spec'd Paladin, or a Survival Spec'd Hunter, or even a Melee baesd Shaman. The main role of those base classes is still underlined, which is why you can only deviate so far in a game like WoW with hybrids, cus it would make the base classes too weak in comparison as far as PVP goes, and would throw raiding off entirely.

I guess what I'm attempting to say is there's no true active comparison to classes PSU to WoW. You should check out psupedia.com and take a look at the diffrent expert classes, find the set of weapons they use that you feel you will enjoy and specialize in them. Whatever route you take you'll be contributing to your team in some way which is what makes this game in ways more appealing.

I Hope this helps a slight bit :/

Mah 10 cents

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 20, 2006, 10:11 AM
Specialty and hybrid classes are both limited in one way or another. It just depends on what you really want out of a char as opposed to what limitations you can live with.

matduke
Oct 20, 2006, 10:13 AM
Yes, I'm checking PSUPedia Expert Classes section daily and I'm completely torn between nearly all of them. I first want to invest myself completely in one of them, even if I should probably try all of them eventually.

Magician
Oct 20, 2006, 10:15 AM
On 2006-10-20 08:11, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
Specialty and hybrid classes are both limited in one way or another. It just depends on what you really want out of a char as opposed to what limitations you can live with.

I'm just saying that, as a Wartecher, you'll never be the strongest force and you'll never be the strongest hunter, but you'll be very good at both.
Is that something you'd want to play as? When you play a game like PSU, a game that can take hundreds of hours of your life to enjoy, I'd ask yourself if it's something you can live with.

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 20, 2006, 10:20 AM
Maybe, if I really want to try a greater variety of weapons. I'm personally going to make a fortefighter as my main char. I'm with you and would rather be a master of my trade as opposed to not so good but well versed. others will want more variety and will be happy (hopefully) with a hybrid. my second char will be a Figunner as a variety of weapons is more condusive to my play style as a ranger more so than as a hunter.

matduke
Oct 20, 2006, 10:24 AM
I also have a second question but don't want to start a completely new topic...

I like to play in party but I also like to solo a lot. Which class has proven itself to be the most productive soloer? Ranger, hunter or force?

Magician
Oct 20, 2006, 10:25 AM
On 2006-10-20 08:20, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
Maybe, if I really want to try a greater variety of weapons. I'm personally going to make a fortefighter as my main char. I'm with you and would rather be a master of my trade as opposed to not so good but well versed. others will want more variety and will be happy (hopefully) with a hybrid. my second char will be a Figunner as a variety of weapons is more condusive to my play style as a ranger more so than as a hunter.

I was very torn too. Two weeks before the beta I was mulling over the expert classes to see what I'd like. Originally, I had my heart set on a fortecher. But then I started playing the demo and I really enjoyed being a hunter; on top of that I tried the knuckles for the first time and loved them. I still wanted a character that could use techniques; wartecher, easy choice for me. Power though, is very attractive. Its difficult not wanting to be the strongest in one particular class.

Magician
Oct 20, 2006, 10:28 AM
On 2006-10-20 08:24, matduke wrote:

I like to play in party but I also like to solo a lot. Which class has proven itself to be the most productive soloer? Ranger, hunter or force?

Every class does well soloing. Instead, you may want to test every weapon that you can. I found that I despise guns, sans the handgun. So it was easy for me to pass on the ranger class. Find the weapon you dig the most and find the expert class that can use it and go from there.

Kaply
Oct 20, 2006, 10:29 AM
On 2006-10-20 08:24, matduke wrote:

It also sort of depends on your PM/race. Both will net you an extra NPC that basically helps out with soloing. The tech PM (GH 450?)has one weapon that has resta on it so it will use resta quite often. Likewise, newman NPC also has a healing weapon and with the new AI in the JP version they tend to heal quite a bit as well. So long as your character isn't going to go down quickly they'll be able to heal you back up (themselves as well). So it's not just about which class you pick, but also which NPCs you can bring along.

matduke
Oct 20, 2006, 10:35 AM
Nice, these replies are really helping me! Thanks a bunch!

A cast figunner would probably be nice for me since I love the weapons, and a healing PM would really help with that. I'm just scared the game will be flooded with newman forces and cast hunters...... I like being kind of unique.

Wartecher is appealing too, but very limited when it comes to weapons. I WILL have to make both.

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 20, 2006, 10:39 AM
if you want to be unique then you'll have to make you own game and play by yourself. uniqueness is impossible in a situation where the option for thousands of people are limited to like 6 choices. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

matduke
Oct 20, 2006, 10:43 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
You're right, but I'm an online player all the way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I like the challenge of being unique online!

Also,
Is it possible to make a full melee character and to have a full caster PM by feeding it properly?

(edit : and will this PM still be able to craft good melee weapons?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: matduke on 2006-10-20 08:43 ]</font>

Scirrocco
Oct 20, 2006, 10:52 AM
My main concern is that wartechers seem to be more casting oriented. They can only use wands which can equip two techniques, so to have any selection of spells they have to have a bunch of wands. This cuts down on the melee weapons they can bring with them.

Mazoku
Oct 20, 2006, 10:56 AM
Is it possible to make a full melee character and to have a full caster PM by feeding it properly?

Yes. But a 450 is pretty expensive to make, so it'll probably take you longer to acquire than most other PMs if you're doing it with your first charater.

Yes, but not as well as a melee PM. I'm not sure on how dramatic the difference is. I'd love to hear more about this fom someone else.

I'm in the same situation as you. I'm going to be a cast Figunner. I'd love to have a GH-450 for battle but I was leaning towards a 420 just so I can focus on power and defense for it for crafting. I know I could use another character to craft but I don't really want to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mazoku on 2006-10-20 08:58 ]</font>

Magician
Oct 20, 2006, 11:12 AM
On 2006-10-20 08:43, matduke wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
You're right, but I'm an online player all the way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I like the challenge of being unique online!

Also,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: matduke on 2006-10-20 08:43 ]</font>

Unknown at this point. Yes, its possible to be a fortefighter or figunner and raise a GH-450 as your PM for the best soloing support, but chances are the GH-450 will not be able to synthesize S-rank melee weapons.

Shade-
Oct 20, 2006, 11:31 AM
On 2006-10-20 08:52, Scirrocco wrote:
My main concern is that wartechers seem to be more casting oriented. They can only use wands which can equip two techniques, so to have any selection of spells they have to have a bunch of wands. This cuts down on the melee weapons they can bring with them.

I too would like to point this out.

Limited only to canes, they can have access to only 12 spells at any given time. In that situation though, seeing as canes are main hand only weapons, thier offhand can only be a ranged weapon (rather useless to a wartecher). This is a glaring problem IMO. I wanted to be a wartecher, and I still wanted to be one after seeing thier weapon abilities, but the fact that, in most situations, you will have about 3 canes on your action pallet, it's just not enough. If they, for example, allowed a cane in the offhand, even if it's just for wartecher, you can then have a claw/dagger in your main hand. I dont wan't to come off as whining/complaining about classes, but they just seem a tad limited compared to the others, and really the fact that they only have 1 weapon that they have an S in, makes me wonder if they really are that powerfull that any more would be overpowered, of if ST has something else in store for them.

matduke
Oct 20, 2006, 11:37 AM
On 2006-10-20 09:12, Magician wrote:
chances are the GH-450 will not be able to synthesize S-rank melee weapons.

Even so, a figunner can specialize himself in selling S-Rank force weapons, and can buy S-Rank melee weapons off other sellers, so it's not much of a problem, right?

Magician
Oct 20, 2006, 12:00 PM
Even so, a figunner can specialize himself in selling S-Rank force weapons, and can buy S-Rank melee weapons off other sellers, so it's not much of a problem, right?

True. But why build a PM that specializes in s-rank force weapons when you cannot enjoy them yourself? Doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun to me.

EnSill
Oct 20, 2006, 12:01 PM
On 2006-10-20 09:31, Shade- wrote:
I too would like to point this out.

Limited only to canes, they can have access to only 12 spells at any given time. In that situation though, seeing as canes are main hand only weapons, thier offhand can only be a ranged weapon (rather useless to a wartecher). This is a glaring problem IMO. I wanted to be a wartecher, and I still wanted to be one after seeing thier weapon abilities, but the fact that, in most situations, you will have about 3 canes on your action pallet, it's just not enough. If they, for example, allowed a cane in the offhand, even if it's just for wartecher, you can then have a claw/dagger in your main hand. I dont wan't to come off as whining/complaining about classes, but they just seem a tad limited compared to the others, and really the fact that they only have 1 weapon that they have an S in, makes me wonder if they really are that powerfull that any more would be overpowered, of if ST has something else in store for them.

So true http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I was thinking about it a lot.

There are some interesting options, but I don't know if it's even technically possible, or how it would change the class (and the game).

It includes having a wand in left hand (like you said).

Or having special Wartecher left-handed melee weapons.

Another idea would be to have special twin daggers with two sets of buttons (like the rod), one for melee (with the classic attack/PA), the other one for technics (with 2 of them).
I doubt we'll ever see that though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But it's funny to think about it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DreamLocke
Oct 20, 2006, 12:08 PM
Someone who had the import mentioned the wartecher is most like a FOmar in PSO. So keep in mind melee is a secondary focus. I think the first impression is that wartechers would be more like HUnwearls. The fact that you need a wand for techs limits your melee options right off the bat.

Scirrocco
Oct 20, 2006, 12:12 PM
Do cards use techniques or bullet arts? If they use techniques that could help. I was planning on making a wartecher that could mostly buff and heal, so I wasn't so concerned about casting and attacking at the same time (that is a good point though).

Making wands usable in either hand would help. Or create an offhand weapon that holds one technique, so it would still make rods useful.

My main point though was that, because of their technique difficiences, they don't seem to be caster primarily, but because they can only use 1 s rank weapon, they don't seem melee oriented either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scirrocco on 2006-10-20 10:14 ]</font>

EnSill
Oct 20, 2006, 12:27 PM
On 2006-10-20 10:12, Scirrocco wrote:
Do cards use techniques or bullet arts?

Cards use bullets.

Making wands usable in either hand would help. Or create an offhand weapon that holds one technique, so it would still make rods useful.

An offhand wand usable only by Wartechers might be more interesting, and not overpowered.
After all, WTs can use wands with A rank max.

My main point though was that, because of their technique difficiences, they don't seem to be caster primarily, but because they can only use 1 s rank weapon, they don't seem melee oriented either.

Well... that's a big problem.

S rank weapons: Daggers, Twin Daggers
You'd think they're melee oriented, specialized in daggers.

But with Skills maxed at 20, the same as Technics, you'd think they're 50/50.

But then again they can't use S-Rank wands... Duh.

I really can't figure it out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
I feel like something's missing, but we'll have to wait and see how WTs really play and how strong they are actually.

matduke
Oct 20, 2006, 12:43 PM
I think I'll simply play both a Fortecher and a Figunner.

The Fortecher will have a melee PM that makes weapons for the Figunner and the Figunner will have a magic/healing PM that makes weapons for the Fortecher.

It could probably work out pretty well...

Aaron777
Oct 20, 2006, 12:50 PM
I just recently made the decision to become a fortefighter due to the above stated reasons of becoming a master of the hunter class so to speak. That.............................and...........axe s are just plain....................ridiculous!

Valatar
Oct 20, 2006, 01:11 PM
Yeah, the requirement to bring around a truck full of wands wherever you go is one that gives me pause when considering Wartecher. Having to go sorting through the weapon-swapping menu a couple times a minute seems like a bit of a pain. I was considering a Wartecher that focused on buffs and heals for the technique side of things and relied on the daggers for damage, but there are seven buffs, two heals, and one status-cure, so that means five wands to lug around all over the place, and that's without taking a single offensive technique.

Speaking of which, does anyone know the duration of the buffs (Agtal, Defbal, Zodial, Retial, Megistal) and the shields (Rendis and Dizas)? I'm assuming that their duration is tied to their level, and the shields seem to expire after absorbing a set amount of damage, but I don't know anything more than that. If you only have to cast the buffs once or twice per mission, that's something I can deal with, but if you have to recast every thirty seconds or something, that's way too much of a pain.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valatar on 2006-10-20 11:12 ]</font>

Scirrocco
Oct 20, 2006, 01:51 PM
If you bring megistal, you don't need to bring the others cause it's a buff to all at the cost of life. Just it and a cure. Personally i'm htinking as a wartecher you have to pick and choose what you bring. I was going to bring a heal, stauts heal, str+dfp up buff, and maybe ata up and melee shield or an attack (going for a paladin type guy). Thats three wands right there. Figure i'll bring a bow too, cause they rock. Thats another one. Now i have three open slots. for melee weapons. In this game i just don't think thats enough.

But then again wartechers don't have a huge choice. It's probably just best to bring three pairs of daggers.

Speaking of buffs, does their strength or duration increase with mst or tp any?

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 20, 2006, 03:04 PM
Wartechers will be able to buff there owns stats to bring them probably just under Fortefighter strength fully buffed, and will also have the ability to AE heal his party if needed and debuff mobs, hes got more survivability than the fortetecher and probably about the same damage thanks to buffs and S rank dagger, and a crap load more support powers than the fortefighter but it will be a pain to switch out the wands alot that is the only problem, but they are not a bad class if you consider that

Btw Valatar you dont need to bring every freaking buff, just focus on the important ones like ATP, MST if you are fighting magic mobs, or DFP if you are fighting melee mostly, and bring along the self only that buffs your whole stats

Wartechers are the World of Warcraft shamans like someone else put it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-10-20 13:14 ]</font>

Yoruichi
Oct 20, 2006, 03:09 PM
On 2006-10-20 08:04, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:

On 2006-10-20 07:49, matduke wrote:

Thanks!

Here's the thing, WoW and PSU are on totally diffrent types of play systems. IN WoW, you have set roles, these roles the game bases its mechanics behind, mainly to commemorate the fact that aside from instances, the number of players could be massive. Becuase of this they had to limit the power of what One particular class could have/do. For this its going to be broken down into moreandmore nitches.

The role of a Tank, Primary Healer, AOE'r, and Melee DPS'er, are pretty much what you will find in a WoW set up. Also WoW has another game aspect to balance these classes around, which is PVP, making hybrids tricky to make.

PSU doesn't have so many restirctions, so their hybrid classes are quite honestly more unique and powerful. You won't be so limited as a Wartecher as you would say trying to make a Retribution Spec'd Paladin, or a Survival Spec'd Hunter, or even a Melee baesd Shaman. The main role of those base classes is still underlined, which is why you can only deviate so far in a game like WoW with hybrids, cus it would make the base classes too weak in comparison as far as PVP goes, and would throw raiding off entirely.

I guess what I'm attempting to say is there's no true active comparison to classes PSU to WoW. You should check out psupedia.com and take a look at the diffrent expert classes, find the set of weapons they use that you feel you will enjoy and specialize in them. Whatever route you take you'll be contributing to your team in some way which is what makes this game in ways more appealing.

I Hope this helps a slight bit :/

Mah 10 cents

I agree with you for the most part but the only defined roles in WoW are raiding time. For small party setups...which is the closest thing to PSU its ever gonna get. You get plenty of hybrid and multi-defined roles. The easiest to name is shaman and paladin, shaman being the most diverse because they can melee dps, magic dps, and/or healbot. The main healers priest can spec shadow and dps instead of healing.

I think the wartec's role will be more like a shaman can do it all and can chose thier role or do all of em if they wish.

Banert
Oct 20, 2006, 03:14 PM
On 2006-10-20 13:04, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
Wartechers will be able to buff there owns stats to bring them probably just under Fortefighter strength fully buffed, and will also have the ability to AE heal his party if needed and debuff mobs, hes got more survivability than the fortetecher and probably about the same damage thanks to buffs and S rank dagger, and a crap load more support powers than the fortefighter but it will be a pain to switch out the wands alot that is the only problem, but they are not a bad class if you consider that

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-10-20 13:07 ]</font>

That's what I was thinking, with buffs and heals a Wartechter shouldn't be THAT far behind a Fortefighter damage and defense wise, it'll take more skill I guess, but it should be an interesting class to play.

Roguearthur
Oct 20, 2006, 03:16 PM
are twin daggers or whatever that much worse? since i love being able to fight and being able to use a healing spell ;D lol i always run out of monomates http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yoruichi
Oct 20, 2006, 03:29 PM
Alot of the people on the jp servers say twin daggers are great, fast, multi hit and knock downs.

Kent
Oct 20, 2006, 03:48 PM
According to what I've seen in the beta, twin daggers are very fast, do lots of hits (on one target, several targets when using Renkai Buyou-zan)... But knockdown? No, not that I've seen. They might knock enemies down at level 21+, which isn't accessible in the beta, but they don't before then, and thus, can't knock enemies down as a Wartecher. I don't really like twin daggers that much...

Single dagger can knock enemies down, though. The last hit of its PA will knock down enemies, and I'm sure that the second step in the PA combo will probably knock back enemies (much like the second step of Rising Strike for Sabers).

Flunky
Oct 20, 2006, 03:53 PM
Yeah, the second part of the single dagger combo (11+) does a kick at the end for knock-back. It also makes you spin around to a similar effect as the twin-dagger PA. From what I've seen, the 'basic' PA for the single-handed dagger is one of the better ones out there (well, that's my opinion at least).

Rizen
Oct 20, 2006, 03:54 PM
Im surprised Ether hasnt popped in this topic yet lol

Kimil
Oct 20, 2006, 04:22 PM
I don't want to create a new topic for this question, so here goes:

What do you think the best race for this class would be?

Humans seem to work out for this class because of the generaly good stats for the Shifta/Deband and resta, and the melee aspect

Newmans would exel at the casting part for shure, but not being able to use the Rod class would hurt them and their melee would be far below average

Beast seems like it should be the best for this class (because Cast for Figunner, Newman for Guntecker, so... Beast for Wartecker?) but their MST would make the Wand uselss?

And Casts... well I just don't know about them

Which race SHOULD be best suited for this class?

Scirrocco
Oct 20, 2006, 04:33 PM
Well, like it's been said, Wartechers need to figure out what spells they'll use, since you can't use many? Are you going for debuffs, buffs, heals, damage, or a mix?

If you're going damage primarily, or think you'll do a lot of casting, probably human or Newman, so you get the most bang for you're PP. Debuffer? YOu could probably get away with cast (though i wouldn't want to level a cast to force level 5). I personally am going beast.

Kimil
Oct 20, 2006, 04:43 PM
Well, I'm thinking of this kind of Action Palette:
Dual Dagger - Ice or fire
Dual Dagger - Ground or Lightning
Dual Dagger/Other melee Wepon Light or Dark
Wand/handgun or card - Resta + Reverser
Wand/handgun or card - Megistal + (an attack tech)
Wand/handgun or card - Rendis + Dizas

So probably Human/Newman?

Wallin
Oct 20, 2006, 05:30 PM
From my experience in PSU, it doesn't matter whether or not your characters sucks, as long as the player doesn't.

It's not like WoW where if you're a paladin you need to heal or cleanse or else people will automatically die. Anyone can use a healing item as many times as they want and as often as they want, so if you're a little late to heal, it's not the end of the world.

Pretty much play however you want to play. I'll probably go with a CAST Wartecher just because I think Casts are cooler than Humans this time around (I'm a very avid HUmar fan). Right now I'm even playing a CAST Force. People are thrilled that I even heal at all, and when I'm not healing, they don't care what I'm doing.

So as long as you pay attention and don't just stand around, lag behind, or run ahead to grab all the box loot while everyone else is fighting, go ahead and play a Wartecher with the race you think looks the best. If you don't like your class, just go and change it.

PSU is going to be sweeeet.

Natrokos
Oct 20, 2006, 05:36 PM
On 2006-10-20 13:16, Roguearthur wrote:
are twin daggers or whatever that much worse? since i love being able to fight and being able to use a healing spell ;D lol i always run out of monomates http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I used twin daggers on my force in PSU and they were suprisingly awesome....(Im not even a big fan of twin daggers) The dps was amazing since they're so fast.

Wallin
Oct 20, 2006, 05:39 PM
Twin daggers look very cool, better than twin sabers in my opinion. I started out as a Human Hunter who used the giant sword, that was a snooze fest. I switched to a Force that used twin daggers and I was having the time of my life. It didn't even matter how much damage I was doing, the fact that I could hit so fast was too much fun. At level 15 I'm still stuck using the 800 meseta ones since I'm broke, but they still do 30+ damage. I can only imagine what the 8600 meseta twins are like. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wallin
Oct 20, 2006, 05:40 PM
Ooh, does anyone know if there's going to be units like Heavenly/Battle in PSU? Now that with twin daggers would just be awesome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nestahima
Oct 21, 2006, 08:15 AM
On 2006-10-20 14:43, Kimil wrote:
Well, I'm thinking of this kind of Action Palette:
Dual Dagger - Ice or fire
Dual Dagger - Ground or Lightning
Dual Dagger/Other melee Wepon Light or Dark
Wand/handgun or card - Resta + Reverser
Wand/handgun or card - Megistal + (an attack tech)
Wand/handgun or card - Rendis + Dizas

So probably Human/Newman?

While I was in the beta, I was wondering how to change the element of a melee weapon. I could do it with bullets on a Ranger weapon, but how do you change a Hunter weapon's element?

Kizzy
Oct 21, 2006, 09:18 AM
On 2006-10-20 14:22, Kimil wrote:
I don't want to create a new topic for this question, so here goes:

What do you think the best race for this class would be?

Humans seem to work out for this class because of the generaly good stats for the Shifta/Deband and resta, and the melee aspect

Newmans would exel at the casting part for shure, but not being able to use the Rod class would hurt them and their melee would be far below average

Beast seems like it should be the best for this class (because Cast for Figunner, Newman for Guntecker, so... Beast for Wartecker?) but their MST would make the Wand uselss?

And Casts... well I just don't know about them

Which race SHOULD be best suited for this class?

The race that SHOULD be best for Wartecher is human, since they are equally adept at things. For the other, there is always some sort of down part.

Cast = +Melee, but -Magic
Beast = +Melee, but -Accuracy for Magic
Newman = -Melee, but +Magic

So the easier race to do well with Wartecher-wise is Human, but if you want a challenge, you can play as another race. It all depends on what you want to do. =3

hans4
Oct 21, 2006, 09:34 AM
well u can switch espert classes so u might want to play around a little bit...thats what im doing

Nestahima
Oct 21, 2006, 09:38 AM
All in all, however -- all hunter classes will be over played. If you want to be unique, I'd try a Guntecher or a Protranser. :

Katrina
Oct 21, 2006, 11:29 AM
I was very happy with everything I've seen so far with Wartechers.

Twin Daggers are my personal fave weapon wise (+1)

I wanted a class able to use fans (+1)

I wanted to be ok healing/status wise without carrying healing items, check. (resta, reverser)

I was interested in buffing those 7 hit high-speed twin dagger combos to help compensate for techer's lower ATA, ATP. check. (zodial, agtal - or megistal - elemental tech)

For soloing, I felt a ranger PM would best suit me as a Wartecher, but I'm still undecided. (I'd like to get a difinitive list of the AI for each of the PM's before I commit to one...)

Overall, I'm very much looking forward to Wartecher. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif