PDA

View Full Version : De Ragon

Drizzit
Oct 20, 2006, 10:16 AM
What level is best too fight De Ragon at ? ive tried him at lvl 17 and went threw 20 Dimates and didnt kill him.

Parn
Oct 20, 2006, 10:24 AM
Anytime. I killed him at level 6 online. The trick is to not be reckless, and you won't go through all your healing items. If you rush in PSO style, you're not going to have a pleasant experience.

Tystys
Oct 20, 2006, 10:24 AM
Were you playing with anyone else or did you try to solo him? Soloing in this game really isn't recommended, especially when the mission De Ragon is on is like Level 15+....and even though you're 17, level 15+ missions are still a bit of a hassle to handle on your own

mitchm
Oct 20, 2006, 10:27 AM
man that dragon pissed me off... i had to deal atleast around 5 to 6 thousand damage to him (100 per hit and hit like countless times). how much HP does he have???? i soloed him around lvl 9...

GalaxTheWanderer
Oct 20, 2006, 11:27 AM
Ummm...I have a lvl 11 hunter, beast, with a breaker, and am killing lvl 15 enemies no problem....

Akaimizu
Oct 20, 2006, 11:32 AM
Nah, fighting those level 15+ monsters are only scary if you're like level 8-9. It's like a marthon sessions, and you'll be using up PP like a madman, trying to survive. Two of us tackled that setup, and we were basically watching each other's backs and keeping each other alive.

I believe you're right about the hitpoints of the level 20 Dragon. I kind of guessed it had around 5000-6000 hp. I believe I was mostly there when the server booted me, that time. Thank goodness, unlike some of the field monsters, that thing can't heal itself.

roygbiv
Oct 20, 2006, 12:23 PM
One thing I found is that you really have to be careful about timing and stuff, pay attention to what he is going to do next and you can avoid most/all of his attacks. He gives you clues as what he is about to do, just pay attention as you are playing and don't worry about how long it takes.

Eclypse
Oct 20, 2006, 12:35 PM
You can take him down at any level but it really help to have Rangers that can attack from a distance. The team I had set up last night was myself (lv 10), another 10, an 11, 14, and 7. We didn't have a Force and 1 person died during the fight but we still beat him. As Parn said, you can't go PSO style and just expect to win because he does alot more attacks and moves alot more now.

Ryogen
Oct 20, 2006, 12:46 PM
Me (a lvl 12) and a guy I was with (a lvl 14) we bet him down but it took some items to get there.

Shye
Oct 20, 2006, 01:12 PM
If you can do damage to it you can kill it, it just takes time to learn his pattern and patience.

Lots and lots of patience. >.>

My suggestions are to stay off to his sides, out of AOE range on his stomp. If he looks at you to blow fire (while on the ground, I mean) run around to his front and hit him in the head. I could usually get one or two PA's off (with hunter) or three Diga's off (with Force).

You can shoot him in the head while he walks around, if you use diga shoot it ahead of him and he'll walk right into it as it floats by.

Aside from that, just be conscious of your surroundings (if you're near a wall, etc...) conscious of what part of his pattern he's on, and dodge a lot.

Don't rush in unless you know you can get some hits off without taking any back.

It may take a while, but anyone can do it once you know the pattern (provided you're patient)

Drizzit
Oct 20, 2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the info all. Guess i was expecting the fight too be over quick. I took my time and beat him down with only 2 Dimates. Yay S ranked that mission finally. thanks again all for the info.