PDA

View Full Version : PSU 360 beta, missing 1 planet.

Waber
Oct 20, 2006, 01:28 PM
Does anyone know why we can't get to Moatoob on the Beta, the other two planets are open.

BioWarrior
Oct 20, 2006, 01:29 PM
It won't even be open on retail until the first update. That's how it was on PS2/PC JP PSU so I don't see why it would be different for NA/EU.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 20, 2006, 01:30 PM
A comet made a runway out of it?

Waber
Oct 20, 2006, 01:33 PM
On 2006-10-20 11:29, BioWarrior wrote:
It won't even be open on retail until the first update. That's how it was on PS2/PC JP PSU so I don't see why it would be different for NA/EU.

Hopefuly it will be open with the retail game, if not http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Diablohead
Oct 20, 2006, 02:02 PM
Of course its open in retail...

Valkayree
Oct 20, 2006, 02:05 PM
Not right away, did you read BioWarrior's post?

Screenshot
Oct 20, 2006, 02:06 PM
Well the 4th planet wasn't unlocked in the retail right away, it took around a month or more I believe.

Hydra632
Oct 20, 2006, 02:06 PM
Its not guaranteed to be open in retail. Nearly 80% of the online quests will be locked from the getgo, no lie. Also expect there to be an artificial level cap stuck at around 50 until the 1st or 2nd update. I'll be on the US ver but I'll be keeping my JP account open for this reason alone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hydra632 on 2006-10-20 12:07 ]</font>

Tystys
Oct 20, 2006, 02:10 PM
Wow, people are still confused as to how this is going to work?

OK, basically, in order to keep us "interested" in the game, they're pretty much locking a good portion of the game in Online mode. For instance, it's possible that only Parum and Linear Line will be open for a good 3-5 weeks before another planet is added.

Why are they doing this? Well, essentially, while there is a HUGE amount of content on the disc(big enough to not add in a couple of features that the public was really interested in having)it's just that if they all just released it at once ....it seems a bit odd to them....don't know why. Whilst playing the beta, I just felt that sooner or later, these missions were going to get boring as all hell. Once you do Mad Creatures C for like the 10th time, it sort of gets tiresome lol

Here's to hoping that they don't take too long in adding intial content.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tystys on 2006-10-20 12:11 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 02:15 PM
4th planet's not missing, it's locked off in the beta. Didn't know it'd stay locked in retail, though. That's kinda lame. =

BioWarrior
Oct 20, 2006, 02:18 PM
If the beta status of JP PSU retail didnt delay the update for NA/EU then Moatoob will probable be open in 2-3 weeks I'd assume...

Otis_Kat
Oct 20, 2006, 02:28 PM
Moatoob was open for a few hours when beta began.

I was on it but there were no quests, npcs, etc so I guess it was meant to be locked out.

When I logged back in after I left, I was in my room and Moatoob was closed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Tystys
Oct 20, 2006, 02:29 PM
Moatoob doesn't look all that great anyways XD

BioWarrior
Oct 20, 2006, 02:29 PM
It is a shame moatoob doesn't ATLEAST have its shops open at launch.... no grinding for tenora weapons bleh. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

susaru
Oct 20, 2006, 03:18 PM
u guys should just give it a rest. ITS Only a beta for right now its only good for testing and gettin used to the controls, I think u should it as a way to get contacts to play with for full game. Levling beyond eleven is useless and crazy.
o