PDA

View Full Version : I just can't decide on a class ;_;

Dr_Lantis
Oct 20, 2006, 05:48 PM
This is the biggest problem I have with MMORPGs; I'd love the game, but I could never stick to a character. In PSO, I played every class multiple times, because I couldn't stick to one person. I eventually lost interest in other MMOs (like WoW and Maple Story) because I couldn't stick to a character. I don't want to have this problem with PSU.

I am leaning against Rangers due to the fact that they have been reduced to a support class. I want a class (and eventually expert class) that is original and useful in gameplay.

Arcanum
Oct 20, 2006, 05:51 PM
wartecher man... magic + range... you'll be hawt.

Numnuttz
Oct 20, 2006, 05:52 PM
if you cant decide on one class than do all the classes. just keep changng them when your bored with one.

Dr_Lantis
Oct 20, 2006, 05:54 PM
On 2006-10-20 15:52, Numnuttz wrote:
if you cant decide on one class than do all the classes. just keep changng them when your bored with one.

That never ends well with me.

Phaze37
Oct 20, 2006, 05:58 PM
Play as a human, since they are good at all classes. You probably already know this, but just in case you don't, you can change your class at any time for a small fee. Levelling up multiple classes is worthwhile because several of the expert-type classes require you to have levels in multiple classes.

Starshape
Oct 20, 2006, 05:59 PM
On 2006-10-20 15:51, Arcanum wrote:
wartecher man... magic + range... you'll be hawt.

Wartecher has 20 in Skill and 20 in technique... it's nothing near a ranger

MayLee
Oct 20, 2006, 06:00 PM
I love using magic so I always pick Force.

Rizen
Oct 20, 2006, 06:03 PM
On 2006-10-20 15:48, Dr_Lantis wrote:
This is the biggest problem I have with MMORPGs; I'd love the game, but I could never stick to a character. In PSO, I played every class multiple times, because I couldn't stick to one person. I eventually lost interest in other MMOs (like WoW and Maple Story) because I couldn't stick to a character. I don't want to have this problem with PSU.

I am leaning against Rangers due to the fact that they have been reduced to a support class. I want a class (and eventually expert class) that is original and useful in gameplay.

Well, give us a brief description of yourself and the classes you played and why you stopped playing them. I can help you a bit more if you can provide that.

Note: Alot of people are going to tell you to play a class that they like the most and not necessarily the one you will like.

BlueInfinity
Oct 20, 2006, 06:04 PM
Do you believe in magic in a young girl's heart
How the music can free her, whenever it starts XD

lol sorry i couldn't help my self

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlueInfinity on 2006-10-20 16:05 ]</font>

Clyde
Oct 20, 2006, 06:10 PM
I think you should make one of each class (Hunter, Ranger, Force) and level them all to a cetain point, then decide which was easiest/ most fun for you and just use that one.
It seems like a lot of trouble I know, but how else will you know if a class is right for you.

Dr_Lantis
Oct 20, 2006, 06:12 PM
Actually, I played just about every class in every MMO I played; it's that I can't stick to the character and want to play as another class.

Starshape
Oct 20, 2006, 06:14 PM
On 2006-10-20 16:12, Dr_Lantis wrote:
Actually, I played just about every class in every MMO I played; it's that I can't stick to the character and want to play as another class.

Well then you're screwed! haha sorry but that just means that you don't have the focus..

Clyde
Oct 20, 2006, 06:18 PM
Then guess you'll have to take Numnuttz advice and just play them all.

Dr_Lantis
Oct 20, 2006, 06:18 PM
But I had some focus in PSO through; I was able to get 100s in v.1/2 and 100+ in ep. 1&2

Rizen
Oct 20, 2006, 06:19 PM
Well, what do you expect from the class you play? Like power, support (i know you said you dont want to be support), etc etc...

Clyde
Oct 20, 2006, 06:19 PM
But I had some focus in PSO through; I was able to get 100s in v.1/2 and 100+ in ep. 1&2

really, what were the classes?

Dr_Lantis
Oct 20, 2006, 06:22 PM
I remember a RAmar in v.1 and a HUcaseal in ep. 1&2

Axios-
Oct 20, 2006, 06:25 PM
I don't think that anyone here is going to be able to give you much advice of substance unless you have a bit more information....but I'll try anyways. You say you're leaning against Rangers so you should probably be a hunter or force. It also seems like you get bored with one class so you'll probably need a class with some variety. With rangers eliminated, the remaining expert classes are Fortefighter, Fortetecher, Wartecher, and Protranser. With variety in mind, you should probably eliminated the Forte classes. Thus, you should be either Wartecher or Protranser. (Melee and magic vs Traps). Wartecher would probably provide more variety, and Protranser would probably be more unique.

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 06:25 PM
I vote Human Wartecher or MAYBE a Protranser. Wartechers major in melee and magic, while Protransers major in melee and traps... and a little bit of guns. Wartechers have the OOMPH of Axes and the UMPH of Diga. Not a bad combo!

MayLee
Oct 20, 2006, 06:29 PM
I know what your problem is, you get bored waaay to easily, you start something and don't finish, right?

I wish I could give you advice but I'm stomped..=

Dr_Lantis
Oct 20, 2006, 06:47 PM
On 2006-10-20 16:29, MayLee wrote:
I know what your problem is, you get bored waaay to easily, you start something and don't finish, right?

I wish I could give you advice but I'm stomped..=

Well, I have a urge to move further in the game, but I always like replaying the first parts of the game (for example, I loved doing Deadmines in WoW) and maybe that's one reason as to why I like making new characters.