PDA

View Full Version : At a lost

natewifi
Oct 20, 2006, 06:27 PM
if u make an account on ps2 and make characters on it u can transfer that account with the characters onto pc?(i cant find the thread about this one)

does this mean no mem card is required?

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 06:28 PM
Seeing as how the characters are serverside, I'd say no menory card required.

Callous
Oct 20, 2006, 06:32 PM
From the official site:

Can I use my GUARDIANS License for both Xbox and PS2/PC?(2-12)
Your GUARDIANS License will be uniquely tied to the Game ID you used to initially purchase it, and cannot be shifted to a new Game ID, or to a Gamer Tag. However, there are benefits to having your GUARDIANS License uniquely tied to your Game ID. This means all your character data is saved on our servers, so you'll be able to carry your Game ID information on a memory card, and plug and play that baby at your friend's house, your friend's friend's house, or even a random stranger's house! (Note: We cannot be held responsible for you breaking and entering some random guy's house to test this out!)

I'm not really sure what the hell that means, to be honest.

natewifi
Oct 20, 2006, 06:33 PM
but u can transfer characters from pc to ps2 back to pc and so on, right?

Callous
Oct 20, 2006, 06:35 PM
I was sure that was the case, too, but that official answer certainly doesn't make it sound that way. That really sucks. I was planning on moving to PC later on.

Kimil
Oct 20, 2006, 06:44 PM
There is no transerfering between consols: its all server side.
Say you make a character on the PC, you can acess it from anoyones PC or PS2 as long as you don't forget you Password and account Name

natewifi
Oct 20, 2006, 08:41 PM
and its vice versa right?

natewifi
Oct 20, 2006, 09:27 PM
-_-'

Bleemo
Oct 20, 2006, 09:30 PM
If you have a PC/PS2 Guardian License, you can play your account on either PC or PS2, whichever you want. You just can't play on Xbox 360.

hans4
Oct 20, 2006, 09:30 PM
all the chaters are saved to sega's server