PDA

View Full Version : Cities?..and other curiosities..

Kontra_Bandit
Oct 20, 2006, 06:42 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new here, and that's probably all you want as far as a greeting heh...

So I've been playing PSO since the trade system was advanced as each person dropping the boxes from a distance then making a mad dash to the other side to realize the twin brand you were expecting was acutally just a handgun +1.

Good ol dreamcast days were still awesome playing till 3 a.m. when I had school the next day. Then the awesome times of GC and Xbox came and episode 2 was incredible. I've been a long time veteran of PSO and I can't wait to have more.

Finally, America will see PSU on the 360 and PS2 and I couldn't be more excited. After going through all the FAQs, forums, and youtube video's my craving couldn't possibly be more multiplied.

One upgrade I noticed is that the cities are faaaar far larger then that of just Pioneer 2. Watching the videos I did notice atleast two themed cities. So I'm assuming there are atleast 3 different cities to be visited considering the three different planets.

Another curiosity I had was about the time system. Are we going to see a day/night cycle in real time? I LOVED Pioneer 2 and how it was night so I think it'd be awesome to have that feature implemented.

What's going to happen with mags? I don't think I noticed them in any of the videos I saw. PSO's mag system made the game sooo much fun when it came to showing off a rare mag and having a little pet to follow you around.

My biggest concern is the cheaters which we won't find out until the game has been around for a while. I think we can rest assured we won't have to deal with the dupers or hacked items considering that was the biggest kill on PSO (when it got too out of hand to play legit at any rate).

So are there any further detailed guides, faqs, videos, screenshots etc floating around?

Callous
Oct 20, 2006, 06:45 PM
This should answer most of your questions: http://www.psupedia.org

Concerning duping and hacking, I expect we'll start seeing that not too long after launch and escalating from there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2006-10-20 16:47 ]</font>

BlueInfinity
Oct 20, 2006, 06:46 PM
welcome to pso world

Rizen
Oct 20, 2006, 06:47 PM
And this thread has a list of very useful posts: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=111078&forum=20&0

And this one has Screenshots and threads: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=117985&forum=20&1624

Both are stickied at the top of this forum section.

And the Ranger post in my sig is very useful if you plan on making a Ranger.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=120501&forum=20&58

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-20 16:48 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 06:53 PM
Besides the links, I'll just sum up your questions.

From the beta, i did not notice any day/night transitions whatsoever. Maybe they'll change it, but I doubt it.

No MAGs, but you do have a PM in your room that's sort of a MAG. You feed it, and it stores/synthesizes weapons and items for you.

There might be the eventual hack on the PC/PS2, but it will likely be shot down immediately. The 360 will likely never even have to worry about this. Also, it will be a lot harder to hack since characters are server side and do not transfer from offline modes.

Callous
Oct 20, 2006, 06:58 PM
There might be the eventual hack on the PC/PS2, but it will likely be shot down immediately.
What makes you think that? Sega couldn't do it with Blue Burst. The hackers always win if they're determined enough, and so far they have been.

February
Oct 20, 2006, 07:03 PM
How bad was it on BB? Bad enough to ruin the game?

Tystys
Oct 20, 2006, 07:04 PM
The first server was filled with Duping noobs.

Yeah, it ruined the game.

February
Oct 20, 2006, 07:07 PM
That's rather unsettling. I hope this game is harder to hack

Callous
Oct 20, 2006, 07:15 PM
I' m not getting my hopes up. I plan on getting the most out of PSU in the first 3 months or so. After that I'll probably be burned out on the game anyway and I'll have experienced the most hack-free period. Later on I expect a situation where you'll have to start playing in locked games with only people you know, just like in every other incarnation of PSO so far.

..... :/

February
Oct 20, 2006, 07:17 PM
At least we'll have the first couple of months :|

Knight_of_MIA
Oct 20, 2006, 07:23 PM
Unfortunately no one can stop the cheating process. Man will always try ways to get more valuables than others, kinda nature.

You have to get the most fun out of the game within the first months and try to establish in-game friendships with buddies you can really enjoy the game within this time. Otherwise/Additionally you might join a fanbase with trustful people.

Hajile
Oct 20, 2006, 07:51 PM
The good new's is that there always the blacklist , so if there was a suspected cheater if he got put on enough peoples B-list he would'nt be abloe to do much except bother people in the city. lol

(when you b-list someone they can't join your games)

Callous
Oct 20, 2006, 07:55 PM
Oh nice. I didn't know about that feature. Does it only apply if the cheater is on the blacklist of the person who created the mission, or is it if he/she is on the list of any of the people in the mission?

Either way, it'll be helpful.

Kontra_Bandit
Oct 20, 2006, 07:59 PM
I really doubt there will be that much cheating. Seriously, don't you think they put MUCH more thought into anti-cheating considering the ridiculous amount in Ep 1&2?

Callous
Oct 20, 2006, 08:01 PM
You'd think so, but again, I point you to Blue Burst.

Knight_of_MIA
Oct 20, 2006, 08:03 PM
@Hajile:

What exactly do you mean by "enough" ?

Itīs generally a good thing but it may not be misused by purpose. Personally I only trust people I know by a certain extent.

Hajile
Oct 20, 2006, 08:06 PM
On 2006-10-20 17:55, Callous wrote:
Oh nice. I didn't know about that feature. Does it only apply if the cheater is on the blacklist of the person who created the mission, or is it if he/she is on the list of any of the people in the mission?

Either way, it'll be helpful.

I'm not to sure , but i think it only affects if the person who created the game, it'l use there blacklist.