PDA

View Full Version : rangers mostly solo?

atomisk
Oct 20, 2006, 10:15 PM
I like the idea of playing as a ranger but ive read a few posts saying they dont have much of a role in parties, are they generally unwanted in groups or are they usually accepted?

Parn
Oct 20, 2006, 10:17 PM
Anyone that says they don't have a role in parties is stupid. All the classes perform a useful role. Rangers and forces make monsters flinch in B rank missions and higher, making my job as a hunter considerably easier.

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 10:18 PM
Rangers unwanted? Entirely untrue. However, they aren't exactly vital. They're like Forces with less power and more support.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 20, 2006, 10:20 PM
Personally i'm going to try to get into 5x Ranger parties and i'll be the only Force. I liked Ranger burns in PSO, and I could grow to love them in this game if they can kill everything right when it spawns and not allow them to one-shot me on S rank missions. >.>

Flunky
Oct 20, 2006, 10:20 PM
Personally, I was always happy to spot a ranger in any group I was in.

The frequency with which they can apply status effects is pretty spiffy, especially the shock and freeze. Makes dagger-breakdancing much less hazardous.

atomisk
Oct 20, 2006, 10:21 PM
ok, cool, i think im gonna end up making one then, but could someone tell me what exactly their role is in a party?

Rizen
Oct 20, 2006, 10:21 PM
This is kinda why I made my topic about Rangers. I knew that the class would be misunderstood and thought of as unwanted.

If you read through my topic, you will see stories about Rangers and their experiences with partying and some experiences offline.

Anyone who sees this post, I suggest reading through my whole topic before calling Rangers useless.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=120501&forum=20&58

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-20 20:22 ]</font>

NiteOwl
Oct 20, 2006, 10:22 PM
From playing in the beta, I can say that they don't seem to do a lot of damage. Even with rifles. Their role tends to be applying status effects, it seems. So you'd better learn some bullet photon arts. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cause_I_Own_U
Not quite untill higher levels, force do the most damage at low levels and hunters get ways to disable mobs aswell as out damage the rangers and also take hits better at the low end

At the low end mobs are easy and you dont need a expert debuffer/mob flincher just lots of dps to get things done

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-10-20 20:24 ]</font>

FenixStryk
I almost forgot something to mention: Rangers are SE GODS! When I whip out my Shock Twin Handguns and Freeze Mechgun/Saber, you will never see any enemies trying to fight back. They'll just have this O.O face before they die.

Parn
Oct 20, 2006, 10:23 PM
On 2006-10-20 20:21, atomisk wrote:
ok, cool, i think im gonna end up making one then, but could someone tell me what exactly their role is in a party?
Crowd control. Partially aggro management.

See: this (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119718&forum=20).