PDA

View Full Version : PSU Ventrilo fully operational

Blicen
Oct 20, 2006, 10:52 PM
Hello, if you guys may have read my previous thread, (if not, look here.. http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=121698&forum=20

This Ventrilo server IP:

Ventrilo Port:

Welcome to the new PSU Ventrilo PC Ventrilo server. Here are basic guidelines to using this free service.

Firstly, to explain the channel system to you guys. I have set up channels based on the PSO structure. Lobby channels will carry 10 people maximum per channel, while the Party channels will cap at 6 people max. Also, chat rooms have been set for "per channel", instead of the default global chat setting, so if you use the chat feature, it will only work for that channel that you are in. Compared to global chat sharing 1 chat room for the whole server.

Other then that, some basic rules.

All admins will have a (A) by there name, if you ever need assistance, please feel free to make a comment, and an admin will try to help you as soon as possible

Keep swearing/racial remarks to a minimum. (Don't drop the f word every 3 words that you say for example)

Use this service for PSU / PSO games, if you want to play another game and stay connected to ventrilo, please use the lobby channels

Lastly, have fun with this service! It will be a great way to unite all of PSU/PSOBB players together into one high quality voice server. Thanks!

UPDATE:
Lobby channel cap has been changed from 10 - 15
Party channel cap has been changed from 6 - 8

Also, channels have been made based on player language since we have a number of users that speak a language other then English. Please go to the channel that best represents the language you speak. Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blicen on 2006-10-21 15:35 ]</font>

Kurushii
Oct 20, 2006, 10:56 PM
What type of connection is this on? How many users can it handle?

Blicen
Oct 20, 2006, 10:58 PM
The Ventrilo server is hosted via a data center, and here are the machine specs. Connection is a Tier 3.

Dual Intel Xeon® 2.8ghz
2GB of DDR2 ECC memory
150GB Raptor 10,000rpm HDD
Two onboard 10/100/1000 Broadcom NICS
HP 1U Rack Optimized Cases

Also, server cap is set for 50 at the moment. I will extend cap if needed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blicen on 2006-10-20 20:59 ]</font>

gynko06
Oct 21, 2006, 12:05 AM
Using it righ tnow ITS Awsome... this is going ot be huge for PC userse to talk easily. Make partys . so be sure to take advantage of it and Use it to its fullest

Blicen
Oct 21, 2006, 10:47 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:05, gynko06 wrote:
Using it righ tnow ITS Awsome... this is going ot be huge for PC userse to talk easily. Make partys . so be sure to take advantage of it and Use it to its fullest

Thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif, thats that idea of it! If you guys have any spare time, please hop on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Candor
Oct 21, 2006, 11:00 AM
Let me see if my mic still works and ill get on

Edit: no luck(thought so), any idea if a 360 headset will work, if i'm getting a controller i might as well get the headset too

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-10-21 09:05 ]</font>

Nuclearranger
Oct 21, 2006, 11:30 AM
Im going to go buy one today a mic that is...

gynko06
Oct 21, 2006, 11:45 AM
Ya there cheap and most of them are nice quality. So dont forget to tell ur friends cos thiis will be the place to be when the game comes out!!

gynko06
Oct 21, 2006, 11:57 AM
bump

newbieroadkil
Oct 21, 2006, 01:49 PM
After I'm done formatting my new HDD and such I'll try to hop on tonight.

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 21, 2006, 02:47 PM
So it's a public server? Oh, nice! I've been looking for a server to use and you just made my day. . . DOWN WITH TEAMPSEAK http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

twopartsdone
Oct 21, 2006, 04:38 PM
Blicen, very nice of you to provide this service to the community. But my major concern is that people might find this post and will certainly take advantage of it for other games other than PSU. Also the immature players, no offence to the young players by the way, that would jump on make loud, incoherent noises and sign off. I don't want to test the admins since I understand that they have their lifestyles to go through and I would never expect them to be on 24/7.

This is me speaking out from my experience of playing Guild Wars because I want to be able to just play the game without weird crap going on. I just want a good experience with fellow gamers. All and all, I'll assume you will use the bread and butter approach and suspend/ban people based on user feedback and server logs?

T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: twopartsdone on 2006-10-21 14:40 ]</font>

Diablohead
Oct 21, 2006, 04:45 PM
Anyone know if its possible to use the 360 headset on a pc via 360 usb pad plugged into the pc?

I realy miss voice chat here at uni.

MayLee
Oct 21, 2006, 04:49 PM
I'm having trouble with this.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Wheatpenny
Oct 21, 2006, 05:10 PM
Here is a quick question.I have a PS2 and my computer is within close proximity of my PS2 Would I be able to run Ventrillo on my PC to talk and play on my PS2?

Diablohead
Oct 21, 2006, 05:11 PM
On 2006-10-21 15:10, Wheatpenny wrote:
Here is a quick question.I have a PS2 and my computer is within close proximity of my PS2 Would I be able to run Ventrillo on my PC to talk and play on my PS2?

Of course, its like browsing psow as you play psu.

Blicen
Oct 21, 2006, 05:16 PM

Yes, you can do that =).

Wheatpenny
Oct 21, 2006, 05:16 PM
Diablohead ,I humbly thank you for the fast response http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif You too Blcien

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2006-10-21 15:17 ]</font>

Blicen
Oct 21, 2006, 05:17 PM
On 2006-10-21 15:17, Neptune wrote:
i went into it, theres a bunch of people speaking german!

I'm going to make seperate lobbies for the different language groups. Since I know there are plenty of non-english speakers on.

Diablohead
Oct 21, 2006, 05:20 PM
I tried to get a 360 headset working with the usb controller plugged into the pc but no luck, guess its not supported on either 1st or 3rd party drivers.

I do hear an energy click when I plug the mic into the headset though, so it means it is sending it power, any idea if this is possible to use still?

Itsuki
Oct 21, 2006, 05:27 PM
Just use a normal mic. They're like $15-20 for a decent enough one.

Blicen
Oct 21, 2006, 07:12 PM
On 2006-10-21 14:38, twopartsdone wrote:
Blicen, very nice of you to provide this service to the community. But my major concern is that people might find this post and will certainly take advantage of it for other games other than PSU. Also the immature players, no offence to the young players by the way, that would jump on make loud, incoherent noises and sign off. I don't want to test the admins since I understand that they have their lifestyles to go through and I would never expect them to be on 24/7.

This is me speaking out from my experience of playing Guild Wars because I want to be able to just play the game without weird crap going on. I just want a good experience with fellow gamers. All and all, I'll assume you will use the bread and butter approach and suspend/ban people based on user feedback and server logs?

T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: twopartsdone on 2006-10-21 14:40 ]</font>

Thank you for the lengthy post, I don't know why my eye didn't catch this sooner or later.

I know though, of the problems that you speak of that may occur on a free vent service, majorly due to the fact that I've run one for 1 year + before on another game. I've delt with alot of foreigners coming onto Ventrilo and using it for other games, but I mainly got rid of them due to enforcing a English only policy, but that won't apply here merely because there are alot of people from all over the world that play PSU. It is still being decided whether people of a foreign country should be able to come on and speak their native language or not. Right now channels are set up by language, so that should solve that problem.

As far as feedback goes, when I am here on my computer, people can feel free to message me on AIM all the time. Also, I will have multiple admins that will moderate the server just incase any other incidents occur that do not belong on this Ventrilo.

I know that people will take advantage of you, no matter what you try to do for others.. But one thing that I do know is the people that try to take advantage of a service that isn't designated for them will get caught very fast, and they will be banned very fast. I've dealt with plenty of them before, and I'll deal with them again if I have to, to ensure that everyone of this community will be able to use a voice service free of charge to enrich the experience of PSO and PSU.

I thank you for your concern though, and I know alot of others are asking me frequently on how I will deal with future oncoming problems that may arise. But I assure you, I'll do my best to take care of you all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Neptune
Oct 21, 2006, 08:17 PM
join the ventrilo, its fun!

Blacc
Oct 21, 2006, 10:22 PM

good question....
u could but it would be kind of difficult. Being in game playing using both hands on the ps2 controller, then to talk u would have to somehow press a button on the pc keyboard. So if your in the lobby it would work perfect but again playing and trying to communicate would be kinda tedious. On the same note so is typing using the ps2 while trying to play.

BrandonBa2
Oct 21, 2006, 10:31 PM
If you have a wireless keyboard it wouldn't be a problem with the pushing of the button. You could also just make it voice activated to the point whre we won't hear you breath http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nuclearranger
Oct 21, 2006, 10:35 PM
Was I giving out alot of static or somthing?
I heard some of the stuff....

Itsuki
Oct 21, 2006, 10:38 PM
No, you weren't, you were giving back whatever we were saying. I think you might have the wrong input device selected. For some reason, some sound cards/mother board default to weird. Heres the fix if this is the problem:

Go to volume control

Go to Options -> Properties, and change "adjust volume for" from "Playing" to "Recording," then click OK

Make sure Microphone is selected and nothing else.

Nuclearranger
Oct 21, 2006, 10:42 PM
heh I guess it was just the push to talk....

Nuclearranger
Oct 21, 2006, 10:47 PM
On 2006-10-21 20:38, Itsuki-chan wrote:
No, you weren't, you were giving back whatever we were saying. I think you might have the wrong input device selected. For some reason, some sound cards/mother board default to weird. Heres the fix if this is the problem:

Go to volume control

Go to Options -> Properties, and change "adjust volume for" from "Playing" to "Recording," then click OK

Make sure Microphone is selected and nothing else.

Ill try this...

Nuclearranger
Oct 21, 2006, 10:52 PM
Ok one more question is it soposto make that DING DING x1000 times..... when i hold the talk button...

Nuclearranger
Oct 21, 2006, 11:00 PM
Ok now noone can hear me.... I would sing your pokemon theam song i guess.. if i knew it if people could hear me...

Itsuki
Oct 21, 2006, 11:00 PM
No, its not, what button are you using for talk?

Itsuki
Oct 21, 2006, 11:01 PM
Lol, ya, we can't hear you.

Nuclearranger
Oct 21, 2006, 11:02 PM
How do you turn on mic boost....

gynko06
Oct 21, 2006, 11:04 PM
IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE U PRESS TEH PUT TO TALK HOT KEY BUTTON AND ALSO SET A HOTKEY. i persoanlly Use the Mouse3 button which is when u press the wheel. cos my hand is on the keyboard and on the mouse and personally pressin the mouse wheel is alot easier then reaching for a keyboard. Just some helpful advice. for people who are confused with what button to use.

HKDon
Oct 21, 2006, 11:05 PM
hmm I've never tryed Ventrillo before, but my friend won't shut up about it, he says he uses it all the time for Warcraft (to which I reply "whoopty doo") But this looks fun and easy to use, now I just need a headset and I'm set http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

BrandonBa2
Oct 21, 2006, 11:09 PM
Me and my fiancee will be joining soon she loves talk to PSU fans and such as they seem to have a lot in common with her. If this stays around it would be safe to say we would be able to donate to it to help the success.

vitius137
Oct 21, 2006, 11:25 PM
Alright, I'm set. got my voice button mapped to joypad button 5 which was used for...... um menu or something well i dont need it anymore XP

f4ever
Oct 21, 2006, 11:31 PM
If I can get PSU to run on my comp (I meet the bare minimum reqs, whoo!), I'll hopefully be joining you guys. I used to admin a vent server (now owned by someone else) for WoW and we didn't have too any problems with it (although the info was only posted on our guild's forums and we'd only give the server info to outside users that the officers trusted).

Blicen
Oct 22, 2006, 12:22 PM
On 2006-10-21 21:31, f4ever wrote:
If I can get PSU to run on my comp (I meet the bare minimum reqs, whoo!), I'll hopefully be joining you guys. I used to admin a vent server (now owned by someone else) for WoW and we didn't have too any problems with it (although the info was only posted on our guild's forums and we'd only give the server info to outside users that the officers trusted).

You can also most likely just get a PS2 (or if you already have one) and move it close to your computer so you can just talk via your PC while you play on your PS2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SasakiKojiro
Oct 22, 2006, 08:12 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/ShiraiKojiro/psu.jpg

Action Shot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

ethanhawkeye
Oct 22, 2006, 08:29 PM
cool, nice pic.

Blicen
Oct 22, 2006, 09:05 PM
Very nice shot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. I'm uber jelous of you right now by the way http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SasakiKojiro
Oct 23, 2006, 07:53 PM
IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!

BrandonBa2
Oct 23, 2006, 07:53 PM
On 2006-10-23 17:53, SasakiKojiro wrote:
IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!

ROTFLOL

DrEngrish
Oct 23, 2006, 07:54 PM
Why isnt this topic on the sticky 0.0

SasakiKojiro
Oct 23, 2006, 08:06 PM
On 2006-10-23 17:54, DrEngrish wrote:
Why isnt this topic on the sticky 0.0

I agree.

LightBreaker
Oct 23, 2006, 11:27 PM
And the codec you are using?

j/w http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Blicen
Oct 23, 2006, 11:29 PM
We're currently using the 32KHz,16bit SPEEX codec.

LightBreaker
Oct 23, 2006, 11:31 PM
I'll come check it out in a few. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Maybe I can bring some other people along. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Blicen
Oct 23, 2006, 11:31 PM
Sure thing, we've got plenty of people on it right now. We're just all waiting for PSU to hurry up! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

bassec
Oct 24, 2006, 12:13 AM
Hey guys. I'm in, just can't talk, no mic

Sevenfold
Oct 24, 2006, 12:16 AM
Ill be on as soon as Im online and own the game. Sevenfold is always my name, on any game/chat I use for games.

Getintothegame
Oct 24, 2006, 12:25 AM
I'll probably be on there as soon as I get the game.

Be on the look out for me!

DaizaThe7th
Oct 24, 2006, 12:27 AM
=) ty
man

Xtra-1
Oct 24, 2006, 01:01 AM
This is awesome! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jibrish
Oct 24, 2006, 10:46 AM
I see no reason you wouldn't be able to do that. Set your mic to send sounds at about the decimal you talk at. Don't set it to send sounds whenever you breath and what not.

I used to do this for EQOA, take my advice and don't bind the push-to-talk function on your pc keyboard when playing on a ps2 keyboard. It leads to terrible things.

That is if i read your post correctly, if you're asking if you can talk THROUGH the ps2 on ventrilo, then no. It's not currently possible.

Foxfire15
Oct 24, 2006, 11:05 AM
Preaty cool. Thanks for setting this up!

Aberu
Oct 24, 2006, 11:07 AM
This really should be stickied...

Blicen
Oct 24, 2006, 11:56 PM
Game is due out very soon guys. Get your mics ready and get to some PSUin!

Aberu
Oct 27, 2006, 12:36 PM
I swear... I'm not bumping this to get more people to use the Ventrilo.

Just suggesting a sticky again. And again. And again...

I had some weird bug today though, I switched out my usb controller to setup the new drivers and bam, my headset was fuzzing so I had to reset the computer to get it to go away. Very strange bug indeed.

Battra
Oct 27, 2006, 12:40 PM
Wheatpenny...yes you can. My wife does that all the time with FFXI...since most of her friends there are PC players.

Also..

For the Ventrillo server...is this largely populated with importers or domestic players?

Thank you.

Aberu
Oct 27, 2006, 12:42 PM
We have an EU section, and a domestic section. Sometimes we see quite a few EU in there. The germans and all.

Dhylec
Oct 27, 2006, 01:04 PM
This is now a floating sticky - a reference for those who wants to use the service.

AetherNex
Oct 27, 2006, 01:42 PM
In case people were still wondering, the Xbox 360 headset plugged into a 360 controller works fine with vent. I use it all the time on WoW. It looks like another sound card in the option, s just make sure its set to use that for voice in the Windows control panel.

Diablohead
Oct 27, 2006, 01:45 PM
On 2006-10-27 11:42, AetherNex wrote:
In case people were still wondering, the Xbox 360 headset plugged into a 360 controller works fine with vent. I use it all the time on WoW. It looks like another sound card in the option, s just make sure its set to use that for voice in the Windows control panel.

What does it call itself in the windows control sound setup, my pc right now only sees my 5.1 and some sort of modem and realtek drive.

*edit* im getting no luck at all, do you have official drivers on xp, or did you use the 3rd party xbox drivers? I have the later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Diablohead on 2006-10-27 11:58 ]</font>

RZetlin
Oct 27, 2006, 02:03 PM
I don't understand.

Is Ventrilo a free PSO private server?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RZetlin on 2006-10-27 12:04 ]</font>

Lancy
Oct 27, 2006, 02:21 PM
Rzetlin: It's basically a program that'll allow people to talk to each other over the internet.

Battra
Oct 29, 2006, 12:04 AM
Are there any importers (for JP version) that are still using the Ventrillo server?

Mikaga
Nov 2, 2006, 03:54 PM
Considering all the posts, this server is a lot quieter than I thought it'd be. I suppose it is noon to 13:00 to 16:00 in America right now, but as things stand there are three people in the AFK Channel, two people in a lobby channel and two people in one party. And there's me in the main channel doing not much of anything.

StJimmy
Feb 13, 2007, 02:24 PM
FINALY! Lol.

SpikeOtacon
Feb 13, 2007, 03:48 PM
Woah Thread Necromancy.

-Ryuki-
Feb 13, 2007, 03:50 PM
Y'know, there IS another Vent server that's strictly PSOW/PSU, and actually monitored.

Although, I can't find it. I heard it's small, and "fit".

Syl
Feb 13, 2007, 04:40 PM
Oh this is awesome! I just joined today, and although it's not crowded, I should be getting my friends on this lol. The only problem atm is the fact that my mic is built in into the monitor =/

...and also the fact that I'm always listening to music when I play >.> (death metal if you're wondering lol)

EDIT: omfg the phonetic feature is so much fun XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WatchThemFeed on 2007-02-13 13:47 ]</font>

Furiden
Aug 6, 2007, 01:38 PM
Was wondering if people still used this? Looks like the last post in this topic was in February of this year. Tried to get it going today, but it wouldn't let me connect to the server, so I assumed it was down, since I can connect to other servers just fine.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 23, 2007, 12:44 AM
Are the Xbox 360 players allowed to use this server? It seems the people on PSO-World are the only ones smart enough to interest me for voice chat. My headset's broken anyway, after what happened today.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 23, 2007, 12:58 AM
Anyone know if a PS2 mic will work on the PC?

Syl
Aug 23, 2007, 01:03 AM
Well, as long as it can connect into your mic input it should work.

And Nyte, yeah, I think as long as you are a part of PSOW, you can join

Freshellent
Aug 23, 2007, 01:06 AM
On 2007-08-22 22:58, chuck_norris wrote:

I currently use my old SOCOM headset.

If you have a free USB port it should be no problem.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 23, 2007, 01:22 AM
Alright cool, I guess i'll be joining the vent team soon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Chuck_Norris
Aug 23, 2007, 04:40 PM
Ooookay...i don't quite get this, Cause i saw something that said "purchase" so it sounds like i have to buy it...Anybody mind helping me figure it out?

(PS:Sorry for the double post.)

EDIT: never mind i got some help, But the server is down, Says "unable to connect to server".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-08-23 15:40 ]</font>

ShinAnt
Aug 23, 2007, 05:26 PM
On 2007-08-22 22:58, chuck_norris wrote:

I'm using a Eye toy.
Who knew there was a mic in there.

GG sony.

Syl
Aug 23, 2007, 05:28 PM
On 2007-08-23 14:40, chuck_norris wrote:
Ooookay...i don't quite get this, Cause i saw something that said "purchase" so it sounds like i have to buy it...Anybody mind helping me figure it out?

(PS:Sorry for the double post.)

EDIT: never mind i got some help, But the server is down, Says"unable to connect to server.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-08-23 15:16 ]</font>

The vent server? Really? lol cause everyone's in there. Are you sure you got the right details?

IP: 66.249.6.210
Port: 3799

Chuck_Norris
Aug 23, 2007, 05:41 PM
I enterd the ones on the first post of this topic.

EDIT: i enterd the details you gave me, And i got on! thanks sylvia. What party are you in?

EDIT2:I also can't hear anyone...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-08-23 15:50 ]</font>

Syl
Aug 23, 2007, 05:54 PM
Hm, well I'm just Syl in there. We see ya, but i guess you cant hear us. You can enter the chatroom by clicking on the chat button.

Key666
Oct 2, 2007, 02:35 PM
Well... I tried those last details and still can't join in.... btw, hello every1 on my first post XDD

Zarbolord
Oct 2, 2007, 02:38 PM
HI Key, erm yeah apparently I can't get in too, so your not the only one (and I go on there every day).

EDIT: I tried again still doesn't work. Maybe its under maintanence.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarbolord on 2007-10-02 12:39 ]</font>

norrisj15
Oct 2, 2007, 03:25 PM
yep i cant get in either been a while since i could but i try like once a week so that might be why xD iono hopefully it can be fixed

Kismet
Oct 2, 2007, 04:50 PM
Um, I hate to burst your bubbles, but there's ALREADY an (un)official PSU Ventrilo server...

IP: 66.249.6.210
Port #: 3799

-Ryuki-
Oct 2, 2007, 04:52 PM
Something's wrong with it, though. I'm going to safely assume that Miharu missed out on a billing cycle, or something.

Kismet
Oct 2, 2007, 04:56 PM
I'm on it right now. O_o;

-Ryuki-
Oct 2, 2007, 05:15 PM
Apparently the last time I tried to connect, no one else was able to, and apparently the problem's fixed!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2007-10-02 15:16 ]</font>

VanHalen
Oct 2, 2007, 05:22 PM
I feel like this topic is taunting me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif. As I was thinking about getting a headset but I never get around to it. I want to get in the ventrillo fun at one point.

Siertes
Oct 2, 2007, 05:26 PM
Not many people actually use a headset. Most just type in the chat. Heck I have a headset and RARELY use it.

-Ryuki-
Oct 2, 2007, 05:28 PM
It really defeats the whole purpose of it being a program to use to chat with people using your VOICE.

Not really sure why people even use the chatroom, when they could be using messengers to do that. Maybe if they were in different channels in which you can't hear them if they were using the mic, sure, but if they're all in the same channel using chatroom, that's iffy.

xennec
Oct 2, 2007, 05:42 PM
If this actually becomes huge I hope that people don't get kicked for not using vent....

-Ryuki-
Oct 2, 2007, 05:52 PM
There's already a lot of people on it. You won't get kicked for anything unless it's bad conduct or trolling/spamming (like the bad case of WoW players invading Blicen's old server and causing trouble).

Dragwind
Oct 2, 2007, 06:03 PM
Doesn't seem to be working...hmm.

-Ryuki-
Oct 2, 2007, 06:05 PM
Should be. I was on it and saw everyone on there.

Dragwind
Oct 2, 2007, 06:06 PM
A few of us just tried it, doesn't seem to be working atm.

l_Will_l
Oct 2, 2007, 07:47 PM
ok im logged into vent. but this is like the first time ive used it and im damm lost. can anyone help me out with this damm thing lol

Alamar
Oct 3, 2007, 02:58 AM
very cool thanks for this. I might have to find my headset and give it a try

Kismet
Oct 3, 2007, 07:06 AM
Don't most computer come with free headsets/mics when you buy them? That's how I got mine. A headset just came with the computer when we got it. o_o;

Also sometimes webcams have mics built into them, so you can use that. And if you have/use a laptop, those have mics built into them sometimes too. (Just giving suggestions/ideas incase no one has thought of those.)

Shinou
Oct 3, 2007, 08:13 AM
Nope doesnt work for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Dirkster111
Oct 3, 2007, 10:10 AM
So what am I doing wrong? I just can't seem to be able to connect.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/Dirkster1111/ventrilo_setup_edited.jpg

GreenArcher
Oct 3, 2007, 02:14 PM
I can't connect either, maybe the channel is down.

-Ryuki-
Oct 3, 2007, 02:17 PM
This isn't really the thread you guys should be bumping.

Stixx
Nov 5, 2007, 04:58 AM
Whoah, didn't know that another server was set up after the old one died.

Sweet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif See you all on there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif