PDA

View Full Version : How to synth a weapon?

Raynef
Oct 20, 2006, 11:00 PM
I've looked at all the guides and read about how to synth a weapon but still cant figure it out.
Can someone explain it to me better, Im still not sure if I need a board or not to make one

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:03 PM
You need the board and all the ingredients (usually, multiples of some ingredients are needed). Once you have EVERYTHING, store all the ingredients in your PM then go to Synthesize and insert board. Then, just synthesize it.

Raynef
Oct 20, 2006, 11:04 PM
where can I find weapon boards, I dont ever remember finding any from what I've played.

Flunky
Oct 20, 2006, 11:07 PM
You need the board and all the ingredients (usually, multiples of some ingredients are needed). Once you have EVERYTHING, store all the ingredients in your PM then go to Synthesize and insert board. Then, just synthesize it.

Right.

Since I've seen a followup question to this explanation before, I'll attempt to nip it: the ??? part for weapons is for photon type. This has to be the certain number of a single type. Not 1 ice photon, one fire, one blah blah. All of the same type.

Once you start the synth, it'll take a bit of time. You can check the 'take out item' part to see how much time is left. Once time's up, click on it: hopefully your PM won't give you a monomate instead (if it fails, you get some sort of consumable, usually pretty worthless but can be decent stuff like a star atomizer).

YessssSir
Oct 20, 2006, 11:07 PM
enemies/boxes have them

Flunky
Oct 20, 2006, 11:11 PM
While weapon boards can drop from enemies or boxes, don't count on it. I found maybe 2 weapon boards in my open beta time (good number of shield boards, but not really weapons...)

Never fear, though! The synthesis shops on each planet (not the station) will sell weapons for the corresponding company: so go to the synthesis shop on Parum for GRM boards, Neudiaz for Yohmei, etc. No Moatoob planet, no buyable synth boards for Tenora Works.

Zelutos
Oct 20, 2006, 11:32 PM
My first board was a Sabra board...then i found a fancy Double Saber board afterwards...i couldn't equip the double sabers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Oh well..my PM got a good lunch out of them! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

xRonnietricex
Oct 20, 2006, 11:36 PM
why is it that it takes 3-4 times before my stupid ass canopener can make me a weapon can anyone explain that to me?

Flunky
Oct 20, 2006, 11:39 PM
Do you mean it fails a lot?

That's just bad luck. Raising the level of the PM increases the % success, though I don't know any formulae for such.

You think failing to produce a weapon is annoying, though? Try successfully making 3 of 5 from a board, then breaking two of them grinding with a 'very high' success rate. Grr.

Grr
Oct 20, 2006, 11:39 PM
you need to feed your stupid ass canopener. so it gets better at making stuff.

Edit : we posted at the same time , and you said my name http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grr on 2006-10-20 21:40 ]</font>

Flunky
Oct 20, 2006, 11:44 PM
Heh. I was just passing the baton presciently! And you said it better.