PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Universe Signature Series Guide by Brady Games

NeuroNomad
Oct 20, 2006, 11:02 PM
Anyone know if there is a place I can order Phantasy Star Universe Signature Series Guide? Not preorder but actually order. I was under the impression that it was already out. If I am mistaken please let me know. I checked Amazon and it says 1-4 weeks, Gamestop/EB don't have it either.

Thanks.

hans4
Oct 20, 2006, 11:03 PM
walmart.com? im serisly takeing a stab in the dark

Numnuttz
Oct 20, 2006, 11:04 PM
is it even out yet?

YessssSir
Oct 20, 2006, 11:05 PM
nope

NeuroNomad
Oct 20, 2006, 11:06 PM
Thanks I wasn't sure and based my thought it was out because of Amazon. Brady Games doesn't even have any info at all about it.

Grr
Oct 20, 2006, 11:12 PM
<- Hates brady game guides. I believe these sites are 10 times better than all of those silly books put together.

I mean think about it ,

does your guide change info everytime the game does ?

will the guide leave room for opinions or will it tell you how to play your class ? (and which race to choose for each class)

is the guide FREE ?

That being said , there is usally a discount on game guides if you get the game with them , id pick it up at the same counter you get the game from. unless your plans are to read before the game comes out, in that case ,

have fun spending money on a guide for a game thatll be updated in the first few weeks if its like the JP beta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

NeuroNomad
Oct 20, 2006, 11:13 PM
I realize that the game will change, but I still like to have them for a number of reasons. (Like when I can't get on the net or on the can, heheh).

Reeses
Oct 20, 2006, 11:18 PM
Hmm is this what your looking for? It's the best thing i could find to help you...

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=832001

PLURSprout
Oct 20, 2006, 11:19 PM
eh, I think the Versus guide for the original DC PSO was useful, if only for the maps. But Brady Games is crap, I'd seriously just import a guide and just look at the pretty pictures, because I assure you it will be more useful than a guide from Brady Games...

(sorry, I've had a lot of bad luck, like completely leaving out important sections of a game)

Ryogen
Oct 20, 2006, 11:24 PM
On 2006-10-20 21:12, Grr wrote:
I believe these sites are 10 times better than all of those silly books put together.

...nope. If you feel that every thing you see is reliable then...maybe for you.

sonic_ray
Oct 20, 2006, 11:28 PM
Versus Books = companion pieces
Brady Games = glorified instruction booklet

IMHO.

Zelutos
Oct 20, 2006, 11:30 PM
Just check your local game store a few days before launch...Monday would probably be the best best since shipments don't usually come in on weekends.

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:30 PM
I perfer Official Guides, meself. It comes straight from the horse's mouth, after all.

SpishackCola
Oct 20, 2006, 11:50 PM
lol, strategy guides.

Flunky
Oct 20, 2006, 11:55 PM
The only reason I've liked to buy a strategy guide is for art or other little spiffy things that might be included inside of it. That said, I don't buy many at all- given a little time most of the online info consolidates and is pretty accurate, and for no cost to you!

This is especially true for a strategy guide for an online game. Unless the strategy guide tells you everything that's going to be 'unlocked' on the disc (which I doubt it'll get permission to do), it becomes very obsolete very fast.

They need to make more strategy guides like the ol' Earthbound strategy guide for the SNES. It wasn't just a strategy guide, it was a great lil' read with clay model versions of most of the sprites, heh.

SpishackCola
Oct 20, 2006, 11:57 PM
I still have my Earthbound and SoM strategy guides. That's how they should be. Read em like a story but the info is mixed in and doesn't look out of place.

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 12:02 AM
SoM meaning Secret of Mana? Ooh, never got the guide for that, but it's good to know it was a worthy one.

And yeah, the way they put in miscellaneous charts into the earthbound in the form of newspaper articles was great, heh.

NeuroNomad
Oct 21, 2006, 12:11 AM
I have bought guides before just for pull-out maps (Ie those in GW/GW Factions), for bonus codes for unlocks (ie: Auto Assault) or just to collect (ie those for WoW). I realize that due to the nature of online games that because of buffs and nerfs the information within them will change rather quickly. But I still like to get them if for nothing else just to have something to thumb through when I am not nearly my PC.

SpishackCola
Oct 21, 2006, 12:21 AM
Damn right Secret of Mana

PLURSprout
Oct 21, 2006, 12:23 AM
On 2006-10-20 21:57, SpishackCola wrote:
I still have my Earthbound and SoM strategy guides. That's how they should be. Read em like a story but the info is mixed in and doesn't look out of place.

Oh my goodness, I still remember how great the guide for Earthbound was, and it was INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE GAME, Nintendo Power guides ROCKED!! Oh man, those were the days. I wonder if Prima still makes reliable guides, or whether they've turned into another Brady Games....

DoubleJG
Oct 21, 2006, 12:35 AM
The only guides that I have ever found to be useful are the official Pokemon Strat. Guides (for the stats and attack info) and Final Fantasy guides as far as side quests and item locations go.

afcakey
Oct 21, 2006, 12:47 AM
having good reading material in the bathroom is always handy. And about those outdated pages.... tp.

NeuroNomad
Oct 21, 2006, 12:48 AM
LOL.

PLURSprout
Oct 21, 2006, 12:48 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:35, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
The only guides that I have ever found to be useful are the official Pokemon Strat. Guides (for the stats and attack info) and Final Fantasy guides as far as side quests and item locations go.

Unless you've seen what Squaresoft and Brady Games tried to pull for FF9. THAT was a bad idea.